Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why The Current, "new" Foundry System Does Not Allow Me To Craft Mutliple Instances Of One Item?

SkacikPLz

I find this to be quite annoying.

Current foundry logic is flawed.

-"You've got 9001 different items for us to craft? they'll be ready in 24 hours!"

-"Two formas at once? No can do buddy!"

Why the heck do i have to wait full 12/24 H cycle till i can craft another copy of the same item.

If i've got 10 forma blueprints and enough materials, then surely i should be able to craft them all at once.

Same goes for Clan Tech guns.

Like 5 or 7 fieldrons, which is like 5 or 7 days of waiting and then another one on top of that to finally get the gun.

Either this was mistakenly not fixed by developers or it's a very stretched way to artificially extend play time.

afaik, it has always been like that.

that said, they really should let you build multiple of the same thing at the same time. its right along the lines to them letting us sell multiple of one item (BPs and what not) at a time. they have never given a reason why they have not changed it, but still ignore that many many people want it changed.

Just a way to make rushing things a more desirable option, to get your money.  It's free to play, but they still need to make money somehow...don't know what to tell you.

Yeah, I totally see people spending a couple dollars worth of platinum on rushing as what's sustaining DE.

Eh, yes and no. Mass building would be nice but like dadgoat said, it wouldn't be a good idea for a free to play game. I mean I support DE with platinum because I want them to succeed. But yes it's a little inconvenient to say the least.

I think the problem is that there wasn't exactly much of a reason to build 2 of the same thing at once. Heck, with the ak- and duel weapons, it gave you an opportunity to try the single version before you committed with the duel version. 

But now, it's making less sense with the introduction of clan weapons required multiples of the same blueprint built resource. It could be looking for money, but I'm more inclined to think they just haven't thought it through.

I agree fully. This was a BIG problem for me when I was building my Lanka. I needed several Fieldron units, but since I could only build one at a time, it took almost 4 days to build all the fieldrons I needed and then one more day to build the Lanka itself. 

Although I have a feeling that DE did this so that we'd have to pay Plat in order to build more than one of a specific item in a 12 hour period. 

Yes! That was fourth QQing thread about foundry disallow you to build all once at the time I've met.

But this one is a bit different. It contains lie, so it's author is liar. He's leading people into deception with such a loud thread name. New system doesn't allow? Neither new nor old one haven't ever let you do this, so rename your thread you liar.

Yes, DE is obtaining some money from the build rushers, can you blame'em for that? And the most part - they obtaining some moral profit watching your crying during building all these 10 formas. Get some patience, check how much items are left for you  to craft/level/buy before it's all completely over and understand - big time of crafting is good thing. 

Edited by MECT0HET

OH NO! A FREE GAME IS LETTING ME CHOICE BETWEEN PAYING TO GET IT QUICKER OR WAITING! WHAT A RIP OFF!

FFS, grow some balls. DE have made a great game that is free to play. I think it is extremely interesting that pretty much everything, bar color changes and item slots, can be obtained via play. Even some weapon skins can be gotten via alerts. And your complaining about them asking you for, what, a buck to make you get your item faster?

Also, like others have said, the old system never let you build more than one item at a time. Hell, its NOT a new system at all. Its just a re-do if the UI to make things easier to see. Thats ALL they did. Its not a new, its the same with a different look. Its like saying you went to get your hair cut and people start complaining you did not change at all out side of how you look. :P

It might be slightly more convenient, but it's a fairly low priority item. 

This really only affects Forma or clan materials.  Since the clan weapons that require multiples of fieldron/injectors/mutagens have fairly high mastery requirements, you've got plenty of time to build the pieces before you'll actually need them.  Just need to think ahead a bit.

As for Forma, cases where you had multiple unused Forma BP and suddenly you must have them all right now have to be pretty rare.

I wouldn't mind having the option, and I doubt it will destroy the game or anything.  However depending on how the foundry is coded, it might be more then just a minor change to make it happen, and I'm not at all certain it's worth the risk of bugs, or that it should be high priority.

Yeah, I totally see people spending a couple dollars worth of platinum on rushing as what's sustaining DE.

/facepalm

Eh, yes and no. Mass building would be nice but like dadgoat said, it wouldn't be a good idea for a free to play game. I mean I support DE with platinum because I want them to succeed. But yes it's a little inconvenient to say the least.

Yeah, i also see it as a little inconvenient, but I agree this is a portion of how DE gets money from people.

Yes! That was fourth QQing thread about foundry disallow you to build all once at the time I've met.

But this one is a bit different. It contains lie, so it's author is liar. He's leading people into deception with such a loud thread name. New system doesn't allow? Neither new nor old one haven't ever let you do this, so rename your thread you liar.

Yes, DE is obtaining some money from the build rushers, can you blame'em for that? And the most part - they obtaining some moral profit watching your crying during building all these 10 formas. Get some patience, check how much items are left for you  to craft/level/buy before it's all completely over and understand - big time of crafting is good thing. 

Obviously English isn't your first language, but your words are very harsh. I didn't take his post as a lie, actually. To me, he's talking about how the new foundry system is "new" and  yet it doesn't seem to improve on what some folks already considered an issue with the old system. For a "new" system, it's not very improved, and mostly graphical with sorting.

At least, the rushing should scale to the time remaining. DE didn't come up with this method of crafting/research/forging as many games call it. It's a common feature in many F2P games, MMOs, and Facebook games. The majority of those games only allow one thing at a time. Is it a good thing? I leave this to DE's data. What I mean is, and I do this often, if DE's internal data shows them that one at a time is making them good money, then go ahead and keep it up. If it's an area that doesn't show much profit/plat usage for them, then I would suggest trying multiple items at once because there are other ways to get money from crafting (speeding up time is still an option, but they could also charge for the multiple foundry slots).

just weighing in real quick.  If you end up farming enough forma to build 5 at a time, its really not that big a deal to just build the first one when you get it, and then the next day build another.  I don't see them multi crafting unless they maybe add a platinum premium to it, but at the same time, that's the same as rushing.  Its really not that big a deal.  The more aggravating issue is not being able to sell more than 1 of any item at a time >.<.  Maybe if this wasn't F2p they would include it

And what Gell said.  :P

It's kinda annoying waiting nearly a week to craft just the resources for ONE gun... I do agree with the option to allow multiple builds at once or as

I'm surprised you don't have one slot for manufacturing and you can buy more slots just to simultaneously make different items...

Maybe I shouldn't give them any ideas.

He has said, slots to make items simultaneously. As I know I would jump at this one, as it's not uncommon for me to Forma a whole set of items at once instead of a single item. And having to wait 12 hours for each Forma is a pain and a drag at the same time, and kinda keeps me away from the game in those 12 hour periods.

Edited by EinRyu

Obviously English isn't your first language, but your words are very harsh. I didn't take his post as a lie, actually. To me, he's talking about how the new foundry system is "new" and  yet it doesn't seem to improve on what some folks already considered an issue with the old system. For a "new" system, it's not very improved, and mostly graphical with sorting.

At least, the rushing should scale to the time remaining. DE didn't come up with this method of crafting/research/forging as many games call it. It's a common feature in many F2P games, MMOs, and Facebook games. The majority of those games only allow one thing at a time. Is it a good thing? I leave this to DE's data. What I mean is, and I do this often, if DE's internal data shows them that one at a time is making them good money, then go ahead and keep it up. If it's an area that doesn't show much profit/plat usage for them, then I would suggest trying multiple items at once because there are other ways to get money from crafting (speeding up time is still an option, but they could also charge for the multiple foundry slots).

Obviuosly English isn't my first language, you can guess it from my ign. Saying that "new" system doesn't allow to craft multiple same items also can be readed as "old" system was allowing you to do that. And this is not truth. However, all "new" in this new foundly is UI overhaul. 

And I'll repeat, think again, how much steps are remaining for you before you'll craft everything and max everything. If you'll be able to craft all 8 fieldrons for supra, level it to max level at day one and forget about it - what's the point of all these dojo techs? What makes them so special? So this is not about money, this is about your remaining time in this game, because player is always get/complete new content much faster than developer able to release a new one. 

This game is already too easy and fast to get into endgame, let's make it even faster, right?

For those who said it wouldn't be a "good" idea for a F2P game. They could allow us to build multiple of the same item, but the trade off would be can only build a set amount of things at once. Like say 5 total building slots, you can make 3 forma and 2 other things. That would be the trade off for a F2P game in being able to build stuff if they were to change the current system. To be honest I'm surprised they didn't have this already, just another thing for players to toss money into and buy more slots to build more at once.