Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoLive 2018 - Ash Prime Twitch Drop!

[DE]Megan

Same here.

And about filling out the support ticket - if I only filed the ticket now, am I S.O.L.? Do I need any kind of info, like screen caps, to prove I was watching the stream? Or do they have that on record?

I hope I didn't screw myself out of the free Ash Prime because of something I forgot to do/acquire.

Really long post:

When seriously nothing else is moving on the side of the developers from the players' perspective, besides a few posts saying that "they'll look into it" (which, in my humble opinion, isn't reassuring), judging that from their activity in the forums and in Twitter, it is starting to make the players think that nothing will be done about this drop problem. Other players got the drop, and most didn't, when it was promised just to watch 30 minutes of the stream, some hardcore fans watched even before the TennoCon stream, that's the affiliates stream I believe, I got to watch a few of them up until the end of the TennoCon Stream, I didn't watch the GuardianCon though, which at that point I am highly annoyed for not getting Ash Prime.

During these dark hours, everyone is either hoping they get the drop sooner, or just quit in believing that the drop will still be pursued for by DE. Former will still hope that the drop will be sent, maybe as far as to contact support and send tickets; while the latter may go as far as quitting Warframe, or boycotting DE for this event. And as the time goes on without having an assurance that the players will get the drops, the number of hopefuls drastically decreases as the "quitters" per se increases.

Now, of course, I am not saying to blame it on DE all the way, the community must take a fair share as we did overload their servers and overwhelmed their system. But a little foresight on the Twitch Drop system to be put in practice, especially when dealing with 200K+ people (too conservative estimate on my behalf) and giving away every single one of the items to them. We, however, as the community of Tenno and agreed upon in the game that we must pursue an idea of patience and discipline. That's our tenet, so to speak.

Some people even went out their way and streamed too late at night, early in the morning, in the heat of work, or while they are just busy, so in order to avail this free Ash Prime. To begin with, the mechanics were already confusing. Did it matter if we watched from the Twitch site, or is it also okay if we watch from the Twitch Desktop/Mobile App? Is it really consecutive or accumulative on time counting? What about for people whose internet cannot support the stream and yet want to avail of such? Too many questions and yet it's left unanswered to the point of varied interpretations of the community, this is where the confusion arises.

In my honest opinion, the content showcase was a success, (please make a "Back to the Future" reference for that Hoverboard) [I was going to sleep while streaming, however I was kept looking at the screen because it was REAL interesting]; however, the "free Ash Prime" event was a flop, if the idea is to give away everyone watching, for at least for 30 minutes, an Ash Prime. Good luck sending out the prizes to people, it's a hassle alright, and rest is due. But reassure us completely that we are getting Ash Prime, like a 100%. No matter how long it takes, as long as we are assured that, then the community can rest knowing they are in good hands of DE.

TL;DR:
1. Players are giving up as the issue is left unworked.
2. Both DE and the community are in fault.
3. DE should have made it exactly clear, down to the last detail, what are the conditions needed to get Ash Prime for free, and if such conditions are not met due to technicality, what are the fallbacks DE can present.
4. Just a 100% assurance that the community who watched the stream will get Ash Prime.

If DE read these i apologise for yet another message regarding Ash prime i am just leaving this here so it is known that i was there for the steam which stole my heart might i add thank you for all your hard work <3

7 minutes ago, Crestfelt said:

[...] I didn't watch the GuardianCon though, which at that point I am highly annoyed for not getting Ash Prime.[...]

Wouldn't have helped. I didn't got Ash Prime and I watched GuardianCon after Tenno Live.

Edit: It is a little bit annoying if all your friends get the Prime but you are not, though. 😄 (The good thing was though I was able to support them while they were leveling up their new frames. 😐 )

Edited by Mil_Jetlagged

They've said in the thread, and been requoted multiple times, that they had way more people than expected and are having issues because of it.  Give em some time!

Waiting for my Ash  But even if I don't get it, what a hell of a stream! I woulda been happily tuned in anyway!

Edited by (PS4)Robby_Bevard

dude calm down it was to be expected as mass number of people watching more than normal an the team being busy getting U23 out for consoles. Making it hard for them to do a twitch drop check to make sure it was working correctly.

Within the week DE should be running a script to give everyone who earned there ash primes out soon. go grab your kubrow plushie an relax