The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoLive 2018 - Ash Prime Twitch Drop!

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, (XB1)THANOTOS OMEGA said:

Their job was to make sure this didn't happen, they aren't some poor over worked wait staff member, they have months to prepare for this stuff and couldn't do it,

You clearly have never ran a database task on half a million accounts.  Even if it works perfectly, it takes time.

On an unrelated note, a lot of people are telling others to submit support tickets.  Maybe that'll be warranted in a couple of days, but as of right now you'll just drown them in things they can do nothing about and they won't be able to help anybody.

1 minute ago, MemeCataclysm said:

several hundred thousand people logging in at once is going to slow the network, you can't program forcing more data through it. This is the entire reason why DDoS attacks are possible.

They should have been ready for more than this, they failed to predict the needs and meet them, stop acting like these people deserve a free pass, they messed up and are not handling it well,

2 minutes ago, (XB1)THANOTOS OMEGA said:

Their job was to make sure this didn't happen, they aren't some poor over worked wait staff member, they have months to prepare for this stuff and couldn't do it,

No.  Just no.

This is a reality of networking and hardware limitations.  There's not a server cluster on Earth that could handle 500k people all slamming it within a couple minutes.  This is how DDOS attacks work.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, (XB1)THANOTOS OMEGA said:

Coding that computer, and or making sure it was able to handle it's task was someone's job, that they failed, and their failure is causing people who did their side of a deal needless duress, they need to be reprimanded,

All you did was sit your ass down for free stuff, stop being entitled.

Bonjour. J'ai regardé le live dans son intégralité aux heures données (avec mon compte Warframe lié à twitch) et je n'ai toujours pas reçu Ash prime pourtant j'ai un emplacement vide de warframe. Pseudonyme sur pc : Matou740

Just now, (XB1)THANOTOS OMEGA said:

Coding that computer, and or making sure it was able to handle it's task was someone's job, that they failed, and their failure is causing people who did their side of a deal needless duress, they need to be reprimanded,

DE doesn't code computers, they code games, someone, maybe in another country, was probably who coded it. Even if it was a coding flaw, not everyone can forsee 100K to maybe the entire player base watching and logging into the game all at once. They bought the servers, meaning they didn't make or code any of it; they just have to figure out how to fix it and maybe communicate with the service provider. Coding isn't just a few button clicks and knowing what affects what, it's all trial and error and even if this was someone's coding error or a computer just not built to handle it, no one can be blamed, no one has failed, and no one needs to lose their job over an error they didn't expect.

They literally stated maybe an hour ago they are fixing it, but this entire forum right now is everyone complaining about not getting Ash P, when they could have just read and go, "oh hey, guess I just have to wait." None of this speeds up the time and process to fix it, everyone could be enjoying a game if they only took a few mins or so to skim through the replies; as well as keeping an open mind to computers and how game developers aren't hardware programmers and server/service providers.

2 minutes ago, martugas said:

All you did was sit your ass down for free stuff, stop being entitled.

Says the one who wants staff to be "repremanded for there actions" because a server crashed. THATS  feeling entitled. I'm waiting patiently for them to fix it. Your whining and complaining. A company this big won't lie about a in game item

i started watching when Littlenavi was on lol had the stream open ALL day on my secondary monitor while i played games on my main. i was screaming in excitement with my friends while watching the stream. only ONE of my friends got his ash in my circle while we watched, and he plays the game 90% less than i do. i will be upset if i dont get Ash Prime as he is one of the only 3 frames i need.

Same here, no drop again. I'll hope for something in the next few days but I'm not holding my breath.

I wish DE would quit telling us about these drops that never happen and just do them in the background. Since the success rate is so variable those who get it will feel blessed and those who don't will not have any expectations so they can't be disappointed.

• Like 1