Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I love this game, but I hate its lore.

(XBOX)Grihaly

33 minutes ago, fadingtheory said:

What else do you want acknowledged? That seems to be the only concrete thing you brought up.

It was literally the least important part of my post. The main point is I hate the operators, but hey, it was something unique, I can respect that. But now the plot is going just about as generic as possible. 

32 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

You didn't bother to understand the lore and were aggressive in your ignorance. Why would anyone engage you otherwise?

Love you too, sunshine.

There's one thing I hate about the lore. It was implied that the Tenno were the source of the Warframe's powers, but now, with infested!Mesa and Excal Umbra that's not the case. The Warframes, infested golems of science fiction make, are the source of magical space powers themselves and not the actual magical children. The Tenno are useless especially since we know Warframes can be controlled as seen with infested!Mesa. Goddamn.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GrizzOfDarkness said:

It was literally the least important part of my post. The main point is I hate the operators, but hey, it was something unique, I can respect that. But now the plot is going just about as generic as possible. 

What exactly do you want people to say about you hating Operators? Do you want us to try and argue you into liking them?

Just now, fadingtheory said:

What exactly do you want people to say about you hating Operators? Do you want us to try and argue you into liking them?

No, I want a discussion of personal opinions, different or otherwise. Not being flamed because I mistook bad storytelling for contradictions.

3 minutes ago, TwistyReptile said:

There's one thing I hate about the lore. It was implied that the Tenno were the source of the Warframe's powers, but now, with infested!Mesa and Excal Umbra that's not the case. The Warframes, infested golems of science fiction make, are the source of magical space powers themselves and not the actual magical children. The Tenno are useless especially since we know Warframes can be controlled as seen with infested!Mesa. Goddamn.

The Operators are the power source, the frames are the lens. There is nothing stating there couldn't be another source of power, albeit not as powerful as the Operator. Excal Umbra is specifically a unique case and can't really be thought of in the same picture as everything else.

No, I want a discussion of personal opinions, different or otherwise. Not being flamed because I mistook bad storytelling for contradictions.

Then you did an awful job at starting a discussion.

You need to be way more specific in your opening post if you want an actual discussion. "Everything from Second Dream onward is boring and I hate it" is way too vague of a starter.

We don't have enough information to know what the actual story is yet, so it's only bad storytelling depending on which narrative you choose to believe. Unless you think all the possible narratives (that fit the current evidence) are bad :-P.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GrizzOfDarkness said:

But that is opinion debating, not a contradiction as you mentioned in the OP. So no, we arent bringing it up, because opinions are personal. I knew something was going on similar to the idea of operators for quite a while before they were revealed, so them being in the game fits for me. I don't really care about their age because I understand that they are mentally quite a lot older due to cryostasis. Beyond that, discussion about opinions on if they are good or bad is not a discussion I will continue in.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Then you did an awful job at starting a discussion.

Wow you're real pleasant.

1 minute ago, fadingtheory said:

You need to be way more specific in your opening post if you want an actual discussion. "Everything from Second Dream onward is boring and I hate it" is way too vague of a starter.

That's not even what I said, like, at all. And I was trying to be as spoiler-free as possible.

5 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The Operators are the power source, the frames are the lens. There is nothing stating there couldn't be another source of power, albeit not as powerful as the Operator. Excal Umbra is specifically a unique case and can't really be thought of in the same picture as everything else.

I don't think that's true. As it stands now, current lore is that several warframes have been able to act on their own, exhibiting will and power of their own.

It's been brought up that at the time a lot of this stuff was written, Warframes and Tenno were indistinguishable, but as it is now, the lore is written in a way that frames, all of them, have power and individual quirks of their own. The Tenno's main power is being able to channel and control warframes to a useful purpose, not to act as a battery.

Edited by fadingtheory

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GrizzOfDarkness said:

That's not even what I said, like, at all. And I was trying to be as spoiler-free as possible.

That's what everyone seems to have read. Two options.

1. You goofed when writing the original post

2. Everyone here besides you is illiterate, or otherwise incapable of understanding context

Pick one.

Edited by fadingtheory

I don't think that's true. As it stands now, current lore is that several warframes have been able to act on their own, exhibiting will and power of their own.

It's been brought up that at the time a lot of this stuff was written, Warframes and Tenno were indistinguishable, but as it is now, the lore is written in a way that frames, all of them, have power and individual quirks or their own. The Tenno's main power is being able to channel and control warframes to a useful purpose, not to act as a battery.

Will and power are able to be their own, as we have seen before and now know is possible. What gave them power has yet to be explained, yes, and I am looking forward to them answering some of these things.

3 minutes ago, fadingtheory said:

That's what everyone seems to have read. Two options.

1. You goofed when writing the original post

2. Everyone here besides you is illiterate, or otherwise incapable of understanding context

Pick one.

As pretentious as it makes me sound, I honestly have to pick number 2.

And we all pick 1.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)GrizzOfDarkness said:

Wow you're real pleasant.

Pot, meet partially enclosed vessel for boiling water.

I didn't see a request for opinion discussion about the operators, only that you disliked them. You made a very specific call before about contradictions though that was very easy for people to latch onto and discuss. Opinions are not easily discussed because we each have our own and typically people know that shaming others for their opinion, or even for some just mentioning a differing opinion, is a surefire way to start an argument, not a discussion. The easily discussed aspect was latched onto because the other aspect was not really a call for discussion outside of a statement on opinion.

Just now, TwistyReptile said:

Hence the "Simple, you take it back" line

But it doesn't work that way, the void makes them infertile, there is nothing to take back anymore.

The fire is likely in reference to the emotional drive to continue with her original mission that she abandoned. We took her fire away by pulling on her maternal instincts and making her "ours," as said before. She is going to take her fire back, so possibly act against us or fight against us and get back to her mission.

Isn't it said in the Gara quest that one of the sentients thought Kuva could make them fertile again?

Tower Kuva specifically for the Eidolon, yes, though the crawling mass never managed to "taste" a drop.

One wonders if they have a potential equivilant on Tau that matches it to a T.

8 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

But it doesn't work that way, the void makes them infertile, there is nothing to take back anymore.

The fire is likely in reference to the emotional drive to continue with her original mission that she abandoned. We took her fire away by pulling on her maternal instincts and making her "ours," as said before. She is going to take her fire back, so possibly act against us or fight against us and get back to her mission.

Kuva, dude.