Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I love this game, but I hate its lore.

(XBOX)Grihaly

1 minute ago, Unus said:

One wonders if they have a potential equivilant on Tau that matches it to a T.

One would think that, if they had a cure in Tau, none of the Sentinels would be that bent out of shape about the damage they sustained traveling to the Origin System.

59 minutes ago, (XB1)GrizzOfDarkness said:

No, I want a discussion of personal opinions, different or otherwise. Not being flamed because I mistook bad storytelling for contradictions.

So, you desire opinion discussion in your thread-strand? Alright, here goes.

I find the story fascinating and all the little nooks and crannies they leave behind to be EXCELLANT opportunities for me to flex my own creative juices and build something new. With every step we take in the story, I find richer earth to till. I don't care about whether it's been done before and I treat the term "trope" as a dirty word due to the fact I feel it degrades all creative work as being nothing more then a petri-dish to analyze rather then individual human thoughts about things.

As for the Operator? I find them appropriately "soft" on the health side, atrociously slow, unatheletic, and absolutely devastating in combat scenarios against single hardened targets and, more importantly, Sentients.

Phew, how was that?

Edited by Unus
Did I. . . not meet expectations Mr./Ms. Darkness?

7 minutes ago, fadingtheory said:

One would think that, if they had a cure in Tau, none of the Sentinels would be that bent out of shape about the damage they sustained traveling to the Origin System.

Perhaps, prior to Hunhow's rouseing or Ballas' reawakening of Natah, the Tau system was in the dark over what the ell happened to their planet breaker fleet?

Now they have their little songbird Natah, singing all about the dark and dirty secrets she gathered of each of the Sol-Origin System powers in the ears of whatever horror lingers on Tau Ceti. Our maternal weapon, fulfilling her primeval task.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)GrizzOfDarkness said:

Didn't think I needed to clarify that.

Well, to be frank there are a lot of posts here on the forums where people post their opinion and then get pissed that people tried to discuss it. It has developed into a situation where people dont seek out to discuss other people's opinions because of that. Clarifying it might have prevented the confusion.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

2 часа назад, (XB1)GrizzOfDarkness сказал:

The Warframes, we always knew they were infested, now we know they were people who were intentionally infested and went mad. And then immediately Umbra is this new unique frame... That was also exposed to the infestation but retains memory? It makes no sense, and contradicts the established lore. How is this one so special?

It contradicts nothing because no one actually said that warframes have no memories or a will of their own. Aside from those who had all the reasons to lie aboit it like Hunhow or didn't know themselves. It is more likely both are just repressed to a point where for the most part they can't do anything cause hello there

Y3z3jR4.jpg

The only person who ever stated it was Ordis but as you already figured out Ordis is not a relaible source of information.

The only person's opinion on the mater that is worth taking is Ballas cause he made them.

Edited by -Temp0-

3 minutes ago, (XB1)GrizzOfDarkness said:

I'm not the one calling people dumb as dirt or aggressively ignorant.

You already kinda did.

54 minutes ago, fadingtheory said:

That's what everyone seems to have read. Two options.

1. You goofed when writing the original post

2. Everyone here besides you is illiterate, or otherwise incapable of understanding context

Pick one.

49 minutes ago, (XB1)GrizzOfDarkness said:

As pretentious as it makes me sound, I honestly have to pick number 2.

6 minutes ago, TwistyReptile said:

Bruh, I was referring to those taking greasy dumps on your posts.

Hey, when you consume something as unhealthy and as empty of useful nutrients as the original post, you have to expect some unpleasant bowl movements afterwards.

Edited by fadingtheory
I can't spell for beans.

3 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

The Jade Light is just a method of effectively vaporizing a target, likely not that different from our healing smoke or our capture beam, only less lethal.

Based on the architecture in the Apostasy Prologue when it talks about the Jade Light, I wondered if we were actually in the place where Margulis was executed at that moment.   And then I thought it was kind of rail-gun like and reminded me somehow of the Solar Rails.   Made me wonder if it wasn't just a vaporization.   What if it instead sent someone... elsewhere.  Maybe even into the Void?  Could all those ghosts we've seen actually be people executed with the Jade Light?   Just speculating. 

Wat... This lore is fantastic, its beyond almost any other game to be frank. War Frame's writing has been one of the most impressive game storylines and lore I've ever had the pleasure to play! It's right up there with Final Fantasy Tactics, Nier Automata, and several others... I mean every single story thing comes out of left field and doesn't pull punches.

I'm sorry but you seem to want DE to do nothing but safe Call Of Duty moves without risks or changes. That's not what DE is doing, DE is delivering a world and atmosphere that doesn't just pander to what people want... it tells a story, it has an arc. Your heart will be broken, it will make you upset, it will make you FEEL things that games like Metal Gear for example just try to mock up with shock value or being goofy to the point of nonsense. This game holds to its guns, and it is FANTASTIC!

To whoever writes Warframe... kudos, just, kudos. I am on the edge of my seat, please don't make me wait a year and a half! But I mean, don't rush it. Keep doing an amazing job.

To the OP... what retcons, man? Everything that was confirmed in The Sacrifice I had predicted years ago due to the lore they gave us. Literally, for 3 years I've been saying warframes are exactly what they turned out to be, I was 100% vindicated and it was AMAZING to go to all the naysayers and be like "soooo, you finished sacrifice? How about when you said I didn't know what I was talking about DK?" Oh my gosh I was eating smug pie for a week.

There haven't been retcons for ages and that was just when Warframe was a silly little side project at one point. They really pulled together a cohesive and immersive experience which I just cannot get enough of story wise.

Edited by Valaska