Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Second dream is unfair

After passing the fight with the stalker you are forced into a bad gimmicky boss battle involving a stupid eye that shoots energy blades and spawns so close you have a split second to avoide it or just get 1shot. And then he has a tornado attack that is impossible to avoide and i loge how limbo is just useless in the fight since he still gets hit even in the void. GG guys, you made me lose right at the end thanks to bad design

Its been quite some time since I did these quests, but I gotta say I remember them well. The eye thing was a little annoying, but not too bad.

What really pissed me off is when you fight the damn Stalker on your ship. I didn't know that you could dodge as an Operator and the game didn't tell me so I just got mashed into the door repeatedly by his energy waves. Sitting there like an idiot thinking "How to I tell where he's shooting so I'm not standing there?".

Edited by Lord_Billos

If memory serves, the security eye has a pretty clear windup time before it fires its laser. It hurts if it hits, to be sure, but a simple jump is enough to avoid it. Learn the cues, watch for them, and react accordingly; the rest will fall into place.

42 minutes ago, Lord_Billos said:

Its been quite some time since I did these quests, but I gotta say I remember them well. The eye thing was a little annoying, but not too bad.

What really pissed me off is when you fight the damn Stalker on your ship. I didn't know that you could dodge as an Operator and the game didn't tell me so I just got mashed into the door repeatedly by his energy waves. Sitting there like an idiot thinking "How to I tell where he's shooting so I'm not standing there?".

Yeah it took me like 15 minutes to get through that stage because I wasn't using void beam or blast or something. I just brute forced my way through the waves to blast the console...

3 hours ago, Spartan336 said:

Warframe doesn't hold your hand, and by The Second Dream it expects you to be able to figure these things out. Having the Lotus spell everything out for you wouldn't be very fun in my opinion. 

Wf very much holds your hand, without objective markers the game turns into a hidden object game for those of us who remember what those were

No, it does not need to be tweaked. You need to get better at dodging. That's not an insult or an insinuation that you're bad at the game or something. You legitimately need to practice dodging. At this stage in the game, you should be nimble enough that the thing never hits you. Enemies past this stage will be far more accurate and dangerous than anything you've encountered before, so being able to dodge incoming attacks will be vital to survival. The Eye is a test to make sure you're up to snuff when it comes to tactical avoidance, and the fact that you're struggling with it should show you that you're not quite there yet.

12 hours ago, Gandergear said:

Wf very much holds your hand, without objective markers the game turns into a hidden object game for those of us who remember what those were

Those objective markers aren't reliable sometimes, but disregarding that, the game doesn't go out to explain all of itself. In fact, it might explain about 2% of what's going on at the beginning. New players need to rely heavily on older players to get anywhere sometimes.