Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains abusers, why is it still a thing?

Kierran

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

Make the bounty rewards a physical drop marked in the area I feel, maybe lingering for about 90 seconds. Though for now i'll just follow leechers and keep banishing them.

No. Why should we punish players who do not excel at the same pace as other players in the lobby? 90 seconds may be alot of time for you and me, we may even be first, but Plains of Eidolon and soon Venus thrives with new players. It would be incredibly bad to punish explorers from rewards because people can't play solo or use recruit chat to find like-minded players. Changing the dynamic of the mission is not the solution, it is improving the matchmaking system (which is no small or easy task).

Edited by --Q--Voltage

11 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

No. Why should we punish players who do not excel at the same pace as other players in the lobby? 90 seconds may be alot of time for you and me, we may even be first, but Plains of Eidolon and soon Venus thrives with new players. It would be incredibly bad to punish explorers from rewards because people can't play solo or use recruit chat to find like-minded players. Changing the dynamic of the mission is not the solution, it is improving the matchmaking system (which is no small or easy task).

Item drops already have a finite drop time.  They do NOT persist forever.  If a mod or Orokin Cell drops on the ground, it will disappear eventually.  It's already in the game and has been for a very long time.  Mission rewards can simply be items just like an Oberon part dropped from an Eximus.  Your argument of "punishment" doesn't hold much water unless you apply it to all droppable items in the game (which you will not do).  

This is all purely academic of course because DE would never make this type of change, as they have no incentive to do so.  If they were worried about leechers, a vote-kick system is the road of lesser complication and easier programming.  

Edited by AlMcFly

There is a lot of ideas floating around, which is great. So far everything has a lot of pros and cons, but the one I can get 100% behind is: as long as the bounty is still in progress, no minerals/fishes/wisps spawn. This does not include incursions obviously. This way we can remove the most occurring leeching. I would like to still see individual extractions be implemented, they're in onslaught, let us have it in plains/venus too 🙂

Edited by Kierran

1 minute ago, Kierran said:

There is a lot of ideas floating around, which is great. So far everything has a lot of pros and cons, but the one I can get 100% behind is: as long as the bounty is still in progress, no minerals/fishes spawn. This does not include incursions obviously. This way we can remove the most occurring leeching. I would like to still see individual extractions be implemented, they're in onslaught, let us have it in plains/venus too 🙂

I agree.  There are still a lot of people who leave party after finishing POE bounties, despite the very high risk of causing a Host Migration and item loss for the rest of the team.  

2 minutes ago, Kierran said:

There is a lot of ideas floating around, which is great. So far everything has a lot of pros and cons, but the one I can get 100% behind is: as long as the bounty is still in progress, no minerals/fishes/wisps spawn. This does not include incursions obviously. This way we can remove the most occurring leeching. I would like to still see individual extractions be implemented, they're in onslaught, let us have it in plains/venus too 🙂

Same. If there is nothing else then the leeching is restricted to gate warriors who do nothing but stand at the cetus gate.

4 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

I agree.  There are still a lot of people who leave party after finishing POE bounties, despite the very high risk of causing a Host Migration and item loss for the rest of the team.  

Host migration issues need to be firmly addressed by DE. The plains are setup to give enhanced rewards in the free roam during and after plains. Irradiate gives more per node and incursions give higher teir rewards.. there is really good reason to stay in the plains after a bounty. A host migration however can bug the cetus gate and prevent players from collecting rewards.

There are a few tips for this.. stand outside the gate until people collect in it or just drop to solo right after a bounty ends. As long as you are outside the gate after a migration you are usually fine..

However migration issues are a game wide issue that DE must address. I have lost cedits in the index because a host left instead of staying for another round like the rest of us...

17 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

Item drops already have a finite drop time.  They do NOT persist forever.  If a mod or Orokin Cell drops on the ground, it will disappear eventually.  It's already in the game and has been for a very long time.  Mission rewards can simply be items just like an Oberon part dropped from an Eximus.  Your argument of "punishment" doesn't hold much water unless you apply it to all droppable items in the game (which you will not do).  

The time it takes for a resource do disappear is much longer than 90 seconds. I realize that is a feature to reduce lag as a mission progresses. Also, an Orokin Cell on a small Ceres tile will be much closer to the player than say Venus or across the entire Plains. The optimal solution to this issue is a matchmaking overhaul, but that takes an extreme amount of time and resources. I would be quite surprised if it was even being considered at the moment.

17 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

If they were worried about leechers, a vote-kick system is the road of lesser complication and easier programming.  

I too would enjoy a vote to kick option, but there is a major problem with it though that is happening in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege. Players who are trolling/leeching will party up with a friend to prevent a kick from being initiated on them, or on the flip side, disruptive friends will band together to kick the single outsider in the squad. Casual in Siege is becoming a nightmare from this problem, and while Warframe is a completely different animal, it can suffer from the same consequences.

16 minutes ago, Kierran said:

The point of an open world is to give players a choice of what they wish to do. If you run Plains of Eidolon with pubs and they wish to start an incursion that pops up, the rest of the squad should not be forced to participate. While deliberately fishing during a selected Bounty is frowned upon, it is not impossible to avoid those players. Individual extractions via the Landing Craft for more than just Interception/Defense would be much appreciated as well. Open world maps could have a "Landing Craft Beacon" button above your Emotes when holding the gear wheel.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

8 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

The point of an open world is to give players a choice of what they wish to do. If you run Plains of Eidolon with pubs and they wish to start an incursion that pops up, the rest of the squad should not be forced to participate.

You did not read his post fully.

21 minutes ago, Kierran said:

This does not include incursions obviously.

Obviously.

Why is this a issue? Why is it a debate? There are auto kick functions in normal matches, but even there they can be too lenient.

I honestly only see that kind of stuff very rarely. But when I do, I usually bug them since I'm often carrying anyway. Sometimes I don't even mind it. At other times I get the rest of the squad to dance around the person and then they start dancing and then we dancing instead of running bounties... Or they just quit because not everyone is shameless. 

Sometimes I have feeling that this kind of Topics are pure childish envy like: Beeee, we got only Bounty Rewards but he also got a fishes. IMO general problem is that players are implementing hectic lifestyle into game, while the game is made to take a rest. Lets have a closer look:

Carving: Most of Minerals and Gems are concentrated around Bounties Camps, there is no problem to Mining during Bounty and even after, but no, huraaa let’s make another Bounty

Wisps: During moving between Bounties there are always lakes to search, but no, race who will be first at next Bounty started where the previous Bounty ended

Fishing: Someone is fishing, ok, lets fishing with him and not start another Bounty immediately, you can spare Baits and Luminous Dyes, which Fisherman already used.

Lootshare looks good at first momenent, but it can easily become worse: You will do Bounties, you will go Fishing, Mining and I will search for Wisps. While I just can walk around to not become AFK, I will get everything from the others and technically I don’t need any tool like Spears or Cutters to get that.

When I'm doing bounties or anything plains related I use Loki.... Just incase.

Oh, you want to fish while the rest of us finish the bounties? Well I'll be switch teleporting you constantly.. let's see how many fish you catch..... They usually leave after 1 or 2 teleports. Not had any abuse, they just leave 

Edited by (PS4)RockGotti

Pub random is random,  anytime you go through matchmaking in this or any other game be prepared to go on your own if anyone helps during the mission great if not you're ready that's what I always do.

While it is fairly rare on both I have noticed this phenomenon is more common on PC then on PS4.  it's seemingly almost never happens on PS4 but I noticed when I was getting my ostron faction up on PC it was probably happening every 4th or 5th mission.   it's odd I'm not sure what it is about PC players.  Another area I've noticed something similar is in spy sortie if you do a pub spy sortie on PS4 you're going to succeed in that mission about 70 to 80% of the time if you do a spy  sortie on PC you're going to succeed on that mission about 20 to 30% of the time.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

6 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it. You can only report them to the support, but that requires a proof they weren't doing anything (and that's kinda hard to obtain, maybe your log will be enough though).

In my opinion, what should be done for PoE, is simply deny the rewards if you're nowhere near the Bounty area. The problem is that this would also penalize "normal" people, when some Nova/Itzal mate is rushing to the next step and this step is a "kill 15 guys + their chief". But at least that would entirely negate the point of these "Bounty fishing" A******s, so I'd take it.

Or maybe you have to be in the bounty area for a certain amount of time? Sortof of like afk detection, but within a radius 

6 hours ago, Kierran said:

Now that Venus is coming in near future, why do we still not have anyway to stop greedy folk abusing people doing bounties for their own gain?

Even as simple as vote kick, I do realize the toxic consequences it might bring along, but don't you think this is more toxic? What stops people doing the same in Venus?

Log example from my last bounty:

Reveal hidden contents

Also I still think a vote kick is perfectly fine. Tbh in don't think the community is toxic enough to kick random players. 

Only a few people in some situations would abuse it 

3 hours ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

Tell us how you really feel 

Sorry.... but that is just my opinion about leechers/afk players.  That behaviour should NOT be tolerated in any form.

Edited by AnGeL_KRoM

3 hours ago, TheQuagmire said:

This is so funny

You know how to fix this issue? Don't play with rando pubs

You want everyone in the squad to contribute? Make friends, and do full squads together. 

Not so complicated.

i love people like you, u claim to not care what the op does with his time but thats its an enevbitability thay cant be stoped so who cares right? but they counter productivly tells the op to just quit

Edited by Ragnarok160

44 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

i love people like you, u claim to not care what the op does with his time but thats its an enevbitability thay cant be stoped so who cares right? but they counter productivly tells the op to just quit

My favorite people are those in the forums who pretend like they aren't bothered by anything, insult others for being emotional or irrational, and sit in the same thread arguing back and forth for several pages as if that is something a purely rational person who is un-bothered by something does.  A truly rational person is probably not even interacting with the forums because it's almost a waste of time and energy trying to convince others of your opinion.  

Hey, I may be emotional sometimes but at least I'm not a hypocrite who pretends to be something I'm not.  :tongue:

Oh, and armchair forum psychiatrists, handing out assessments on others.  You can't make this sh*t up.  

Edited by AlMcFly

2 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

My favorite people are those in the forums who pretend like they aren't bothered by anything, insult others for being emotional or irrational, and sit in the same thread arguing back and forth for several pages as if that is something a purely rational person who is un-bothered by something does.  A truly rational person is probably not even interacting with the forums because it's almost a waste of time and energy trying to convince others of your opinion.  

Hey, I may be emotional sometimes but at least I'm not a hypocrite who pretends to be something I'm not.  :tongue:

Oh, and armchair forum psychiatrists, handing out assessments on others.  You can't make this sh*t up.  

not always, lessons can be learned if the op doesnt become a brick wall, leeching isnt something that can be completely stamped out but the general outlook shouldnt be to do nothing becuase then yout further enabling players to act that way becuase no consiquences so its rather good of people to say to report him and let the system do its job

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

not always, lessons can be learned if the op doesnt become a brick wall, leeching isnt something that can be completely stamped out but the general outlook shouldnt be to do nothing becuase then yout further enabling players to act that way becuase no consiquences so its rather good of people to say to report him and let the system do its job

Most people would rather avoid change because they are crippled by supposition, paranoia, and "what if'" opinions formulated on gut reaction rather then evidence.  Even if that change might produce a net gain or benefit overall.  

Edited by AlMcFly