Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 HOURS mission failed with NO REASON

GX7-BLADE

9 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Only if you bring inadequate gear or don't know what you're doing.

Curiously those are each half decent reasons why missions should fail, so I'd say it's working as intended.

Failing to properly arm yourself, or lacking the experience to complete a mission in enough time should result in a failure. You failed. *pats head*

how the duel can b failed if 2 warriors r still standing and fighting???
katana is the most adequate weapon there is
there r sword duels on record that lasted 9 hours and no1 was timed out there
time-out mechanic sux

2 minutes ago, GX7-BLADE said:

how the duel can b failed if 2 warriors r still standing and fighting???
katana is the most adequate weapon there is
there r sword duels on record that lasted 9 hours and no1 was timed out there
time-out mechanic sux

Because it's not a duel you nitwit :crylaugh:

Roleplay all you want, but don't think that the game is actually going to work around that roleplay. You are not dueling the boss in an official and 'honourable' capacity.

Hmmm, question for everyone, is nitwit considered a 'bad' word? Where I'm from it's always been used humourously, the sort of thing you might call a child if they break a Lego house or something.

Edited by DeMonkey

Because it's not a duel you nitwit :crylaugh:

Roleplay all you want, but don't think that the game is actually going to work around that roleplay. You are not dueling the boss in an official and 'honourable' capacity.

call it how u wish, I'm just saying that stopping the battle is unreasonable if no 1 capitulates and both sides r willing 2 keep fighting

Edited by GX7-BLADE

Sadly, this is due to a an afk timer that was put in a while back to prevent players from sitting around while the mission was getting finished. It triggers a count down if you don't move around enough or kill enough foes - in ranged I thought - a slow timer is started to eventually ends the mission in failure. I recall DE Glen putting out a challenge for players to beat Lephantis in this manner a while back, good luck with the next attempt.

4 hours ago, GX7-BLADE said:

can't b reached by my katana? how did I get 2 the 2nd phase then?? it can't b reached by ur katana 4 sure as u sound more like peasant who nvr wielded a sword in his hand than a warrior so don't u talk about my combat skills

your katana cant reach it. excaliber's exalted blade can but not easily. I've been playing since open beta weekend, and no matter how hard you want it to this game wont revolve around your role playing shenanigans. don't try and start a pissing contest with me because ill drown you.

Edited by --Laughing-Soul--

35 minutes ago, GX7-BLADE said:

r u just trying 2 convince me that I didn't finished boss' 1st stage with katana or what??
just bc u r sad excuse 4 a warrior who can't use a sword it doesn't mean that evry1 r

did you use nothing but jump attacks?

8 hours ago, GX7-BLADE said:

weapons power depends on devs, howevr even if katana would b the worst weapon in the whole game, I would still use it bc it's close 2 my bushi heart

Hah! Now I can't stop laughing at this. Because if you're claiming that it's to do with Bushido, then you haven't even looked it up properly. Guns were fully incorporated into the Samurai style when they were imported by the Portugese as match-lock pistols and rifles. There are beautiful examples of guns owned by long-standing samurai families.

Even centuries ago, the most tradition-based martial arts realised that you cannot fight a war without guns when shown of their existence.

If you can't do that now, not only are you an idiot, you're not even a true role-player of the Bushido way. Just a casual wannabe who thinks a curved sword looks cool.

In literal terms, taking only a sword up against a boss that only has a weakness to projectiles is not only moronic, but counter to the way of Bushido, which believes that if you are going to fight, you must be prepared to win. If you do that and don't win, then that simply means your opponent was better, but if you do not prepare and take all the resources at your disposal, if you do not bring with you the means to defeat an opponent, you might as well not have tried in the first place. If you fail due to lack of forethought and planning, then you are the fool, you are the one responsible for your failure, and the shame lies squarely on your head.

Now sit down and think about what you've done, because it was not in keeping with your 'Bushi Heart'.

Stop with the paternal attitudes already, if somebobdy wants to be a ninja badass let them. Do you know how long a torch-only BL4 NG+6 boss fight takes?

If your mission is set to solo the timer shouldn't kick in, in Lephantis' case it does due to a known bug that'll hopefully be fixed SoonTM

5 hours ago, Wiergate said:

Stop with the paternal attitudes already, if somebobdy wants to be a ninja badass let them. Do you know how long a torch-only BL4 NG+6 boss fight takes?

While I can appreciate the sentiment, my friend, this guy is not trying to be a 'ninja badass'. There's a difference between being a badass, where you can take any build, any setup, the worst weapons in the game and do the same things that take other players using Meta builds to do, and being an idiot who takes only a melee weapon to a boss fight that is approximately 99% immune to melee damage with the exception of the weak points you can hit with a single Jump Attack at a time because Warframe has no air-combos.

8 hours ago, Thaylien said:

Hah! Now I can't stop laughing at this. Because if you're claiming that it's to do with Bushido, then you haven't even looked it up properly. Guns were fully incorporated into the Samurai style when they were imported by the Portugese as match-lock pistols and rifles. There are beautiful examples of guns owned by long-standing samurai families.

Even centuries ago, the most tradition-based martial arts realised that you cannot fight a war without guns when shown of their existence.

If you can't do that now, not only are you an idiot, you're not even a true role-player of the Bushido way. Just a casual wannabe who thinks a curved sword looks cool.

In literal terms, taking only a sword up against a boss that only has a weakness to projectiles is not only moronic, but counter to the way of Bushido, which believes that if you are going to fight, you must be prepared to win. If you do that and don't win, then that simply means your opponent was better, but if you do not prepare and take all the resources at your disposal, if you do not bring with you the means to defeat an opponent, you might as well not have tried in the first place. If you fail due to lack of forethought and planning, then you are the fool, you are the one responsible for your failure, and the shame lies squarely on your head.

Now sit down and think about what you've done, because it was not in keeping with your 'Bushi Heart'.

bushi heart was exactly what I meant, howevr the way how u r misunderstanding evrything makes a barrier here
evry true warrior have his weapon of choice and as I said b4, katanas r the weapons which r close 2 my BUSHI (warrior) heart which in other words means that kenjutsu is my way of battle
aftr that being said, u r calling me an idiot bc u think that I somehow connect bushido with my weapon of choice
as I mentioned b4, I said BUSHI but pleb like u see the word bushiDO ofc, which means warrior (bushi) way (do) - codes of honor and ideals that dictated the samurai way of life which has nothing 2 with the weapon of choice
in other words u r blaming others calling them idiots 4 ur own brain disabilities
howevr I respect bushido and fighting with katana isn't in any way opposed 2 any samurai codes of honor or ideals
taking my katana on this battle I was more than prepared 2 face my opponent and as I said, my ha is reaching any of his weaknesses
if the actual reason of my failure was that I was actually worse than my opponent then I would take it with honor, howevr my opponent wasn't any bttr than me, I was closer 2 defeating him than he was closer 2 defeating me
the cause of mission failure was that our battle was interrupted in such unacceptable manner by timeout
bushido says nothing about battle timeouts as a valid reason 4 stopping the battle

Edited by GX7-BLADE

16 minutes ago, GX7-BLADE said:

bushi heart was exactly what I meant, howevr the way how u r misunderstanding evrything makes a barrier here
evry true warrior have his weapon of choice and as I said b4, katanas r the weapons which r close 2 my BUSHI (warrior) heart which in other words means that kenjutsu is my way of battle
aftr that being said, u r calling me an idiot bc u think that I somehow connect bushido with my weapon of choice
as I mentioned b4, I said BUSHI but pleb like u see the word bushiDO ofc, which means warrior (bushi) way (do) - codes of honor and ideals that dictated the samurai way of life which has nothing 2 with the weapon of choice
in other words u r blaming others calling them idiots 4 ur own brain disabilities
howevr I respect bushido and fighting with katana isn't in any way opposed 2 any samurai codes of honor or ideals
taking my katana on this battle I was more than prepared 2 face my opponent and as I said, my ha is reaching any of his weaknesses
if the actual reason of my failure was that I was actually worse than my opponent then I would take it with honor, howevr my opponent wasn't any bttr than me, I was closer 2 defeating him than he was closer 2 defeating me
the cause of mission failure was that our battle was interrupted in such unacceptable manner by timeout
bushido says nothing about battle timeouts as a valid reason 4 stopping the battle

ok

Edited by konaka123