Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next prime thoughts....

4 minutes ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Doesn't matter what we think. We know it's Chroma

To be fair, we don't know it's Chroma until DE says that officially. 

It will most likely be Chroma, but it's not certain yet. Not to us, anyways. Because DE can do anything they want. If they wanna do another frame first, they absolutely could. Like they did with Nova taking Banshee's place, and pushing her quite far back in the list. 

2 minutes ago, Zavenosk said:

Only question is what Chroma's other weapon is going to be. Only weapon that seems thematic is Corinth Prime, but thats way too new to be the next Prime weapon.

It seems to be Gram P and Akjagara P. Although the art of the Akjagara P at the Con was a pretty early concept, and a dual pistol melee would make more sense with Mesa P.

26 minutes ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

It seems to be Gram P and Akjagara P. Although the art of the Akjagara P at the Con was a pretty early concept, and a dual pistol melee would make more sense with Mesa P.

Thought: What if Akjagara P gets a alternate fire for a melee range swipe. 

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Well actually, given the lore dropped in the sacrifice, a Nidus prime still makes absolute sense.

Nidus is completely organic though, adding Orokin technology to it would make it not Nidus imo.  Taking the only organic only Frame, and removing that aspect.

Just now, Klaleara said:

Is there some lore bit about that?  Cause that seems silly.

Its quoted by ballas in the Vitruvian: "Their skin blossomed into sword steel" In addition there is some line about how the Skiajati is actually made from umbra's infected strain, i'll have to get back with exact words

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Its quoted by ballas in the Vitruvian: "Their skin blossomed into sword steel" In addition there is some line about how the Skiajati is actually made from umbra's infected strain, i'll have to get back with exact words

Umbra is infected though, so he is in fact Organic.  Although I don't think his suit is.

"Their skin blossomed into sword steel" sounds more like symbolism than literal.

Edited by Klaleara

Just now, Klaleara said:

Umbra is infected though, so he is in fact Organic.  Although I don't think his suit is.

"Their skin blossomed into sword steel" sounds more like symbolism than literal.

All Warframes are infected. That was also stated in the vitruvian.

also Quote from Skiajati Description: "Forged of steel grafted from umbra's flesh,..."

Its literal not symbolism.

Sacrifice spoilers

Spoiler

Yes, I agree that Umbra is indeed infested, hence his weapon can be organic.  And no, not all Warframes are infested as far as I'm aware, where did you get that?  The whole ordeal with Umbra is that he is part infested, wouldn't be such a big deal if all Warframes were.

Sorry, while editing (Way too tired to be posting) it for some reason created a second post.  Tried to clean it up as best as I could.

Edited by Klaleara

7 minutes ago, Klaleara said:

Yes, I agree that Umbra is indeed infected.  And no, not all Warframes are infected as far as I'm aware, where did you get that?  The whole ordeal with Umbra is that he is part infested.

all warframes are infected dead bodies inside, the difference from the umbra ones is that they were not dead. As ballas says that they "could not control them, nor via torture nor using drugs, until the tenno appeared, children touched by the void who could forge a link between mind and body"

Umbras were tests/prototypes. And ballas always refer it as they/them, which generates the speculation of having more than 1 umbra

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

8 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

all warframes are infected dead bodies inside, the difference from the umbra ones is that they were not dead. as ballas says that they "could not control them, nor via torture nor using drugs, until the tenno appeared, children touched by the void who could forge a link between mind and body"

I guess I concede.  However, I don't concede to a Primed Nidus still.

Also, from what I read, it doesn't seem to be 100% fleshed out (No pun intended).  But the technocyte is within the Warframe from what it sounds like, not the Warframe itself.

Reading further, what actually states that Warframes are in fact made from the "Infested/Technocyte Virus"?  It seems a lot of people are taking liberties with the lore, and there is no concrete evidence.  I'd be happy if someone could provide some.

Edited by Klaleara