Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What the goat DE, what did I do to you? (ESO rant)

(PSN)Vylnce

So Elite Sanctuary Onslaught used to be relatively easy, equip nuke Trin, head in, laugh if you get grouped with other nuke Trins, do 8 rounds collect rewards, repeat.

Then Trinity was fixed, which is appropriate and fine.

Suddenly ESO has become a cesspool of terrible.  

This is what I don't understand.  If I grab my Saryn and head in, I generally get grouped with 3 other Saryns, or one Volt and 2 Saryns.  Everything goes fine until round 2, then one or multiple people drop, host shifting occurs, and either it's a complete mess with an minimal squad or the round ends up bugged (no timer or no portal).  Alternately, I'll grab my EV Trin and head in.  I'm still amazed that when I do this I get grouped with and Inaros, Excalibur and a Rhino.  Or a Limbo, a Loki and a Ember (who is useless in ESO, trust me, I've tried), or some other mess.  I provide massive energy and we don't make it past round three.  Sometimes I get randomly grouped and end up by myself in a 2nd round with no other squad members and a efficiency timer of less than 10%.  The grouping and connections for this game mode seem particularly error prone.

I've tried adverting on recruiting, but there isn't any interest.  What gives?

I like the game mode a lot, but it actually seems EXTREMELY dependent on squad configuration, more so than even the Raids used to be.  The logic behind matching either needs to be better, or the difficulty of the mode needs to be dialed back somehow after warframe rebalances.

I don't see the problem or what DE has done to you?

You're heading in alone with a public match, of course you will be matched with anyone, no matter Warframe, weapons etc.
Since you joined a public game, there hasn't been an agreement before as per, 'lets stay to wave 8' so people leave whenever they ranked up their weapons or for whatever reason. Their free to do so.

So you're best bet is to find a dedicated group for it, and if you go into that, then yes. There's a meta for ESO as there is for everything in the game or any other game really. If you don't play by those rules, your best bet is to Host a game on your own and hope like-minded people join you.

ESO is as hard or easy as you make it. Dedicated group for it, laughable easy, random group for it, could be extremely hard. Take your pick.

they are leaving because they hit level 30. thats the problem. you have to pay attention to the host if your not it, to see when they leave. myself i prefer to be host as i dont like to leave but thats because im an old player who likes playing endlessly.

the game mode shows why it is good they have never implemented solo extraction. they need to atleast heavily change hosting or look into preventing host from leaving without taking the rest of the group so rewards arent lost etc as that is a reoccuring issues

As I said, I can't actually seem to get a dedicated group for it on PS4.  There is simply no interest for it on the recruiting channel.  Sometimes I will get one taker.  Building a group doesn't seem possible.  As for "what DE has done to you?" I'm just saying that the random groups I get seem almost purposefully terrible.  I know it's random, but it seems like with a random group I should at least get a good group randomly.  Not never.  

Believe me, I'd like to take my pick of a built group.  Doesn't seem to be possible at this juncture.

There is no interest beacue there is no gain except stomacache. 2% chance of getting somethin useful and 99.999% chance of getting either a mission-breaking bug or a nerve-breaking occurrence (hunt enemies across the wole map while efficiecny drops).

It's easier to avoid it like the Conclave and the non-meta mission nodes.

In situations like these, sometimes, you are the only one you can rely on. I can suggest to you what I do, but it may not be easy at first:

Master playing ESO (to rotation D reward minimum) on solo mode.

I'm one of those with zero interest in ESO, the number of times I've played it can be counted on one hand and I'd have fingers left over.  It just feels like game mode is only about beating game mechanics (tile set, spawn rates, etc) rather than feeling like I'm beating a horde of enemies.  That creates a very uninteresting and boring game play experience.

Then you top that off with the rewards are dull and have a really crappy drop rate.  Why would I bother?  Sure I'd like the two vandals but I have 400 weapons already so missing two isn't going to change my life one bit.  If I had them I'd probably level them to 30 and never use them again.  Beyond that players that actually like ESO only need one weapon set and sell the rest.  I'm perfectly willing to buy from them if the price ever drops to a price I like.  Peculiar mods... couldn't care less.

Finally you add the idiotic/toxic XP farm aspects.  I didn't Viver or Draco or Akkad or what ever other XP farms existed before and I don't use Hydron now.  I don't like playing with the people playing in that way (ie leeching XP).  For everything DE does to stamp out this behavior and all the times they say they don't like it why would they create a game mode the is that on steroids?  It made zero sense that this was their "fix" to focus farming with convergence.  I want no part of it.

It can come down to the gear you run or how you use the frames, I've soloed ESO with saryn, mag, ember and equinox to 8 (some use more pads than others for energy but a few pads is worth the rad relics imo).

Not being able to continue due to the host bailing out needs to be fixed though, that's a seriously broken problem with it.

As for difficulty, it's end game stuff with end game type rewards, loads of mobs and usually decent spots to work cover plus room to dart around if open run and gun suits your play style / team config (except that one infested mission) I've not tried it with things like loki, ivara, ash or octavia who can go invisible, but would guess that can also work out just fine.

@(PS4)Agent_CHAR I guess it doesn't make sense unless you put 2 and 2 together, low drop rate items that are only something an end gamer (collector) / long time player would be interested in plus letting them play the game how it used to always be played because that's what drew us to the game in the first place.

We didn't buy into Warframe for their cinematic solo questing whatever it is they make you do now because it didn't exist. We bought into a game that was all about killing, killing lots, killing fast, and collecting everything. You used to have to open up every last container in a void key mission because you might just get that illusive Master Thief mod to help .. you guessed it, collect even more stuff. TL:DR -> It appeals to a different crowd and DE have realised that in order to maintain player retention they need to not only appeal to once specific demographic, but to accommodate diversity. 

3 minutes ago, Jax_Cavalera said:

I guess it doesn't make sense unless you put 2 and 2 together, low drop rate items that are only something an end gamer (collector) / long time player would be interested in plus letting them play the game how it used to always be played because that's what drew us to the game in the first place.

I'm an end game player (well over 4000 hrs logged) and a collector (every item that has ever been on PS4 - except these two vandals).  That doesn't change that I have no interest in ESO.

6 minutes ago, Jax_Cavalera said:

DE have realised that in order to maintain player retention they need to not only appeal to once specific demographic, but to accommodate diversity.

Absolutely.  If you want to play ESO then by all means go ahead and the same applies any aspect of this game.  My point was directed to the OP who's main basis was there is a decidedly difficult time finding a squad to do ESO.  That's a given because it's a niche mode lacking in broad appeal (IMO).  It might as well be Lunaro... you'd have about an equal chance of see me in either one.  I didn't play Trials either.  This game has lots of content I don't like and that's OK.  It has lots of other content that I do like.

It's also possible to be lacking in broad appeal for 2 reasons:

1. Newer players I encounter don't even realise you can use cover to your advantage and kill mobs without running around the entire map like a headless chicken.. after they realise this .. guess what play style they become a fan of?

2. It's hell difficult being end game so if you got high mastery from burning mastery fodder it doesn't imply your gear is going to be end game tier or that you will have enough experience with the game's mechanics to adequately complete it.  This results in .. played it once.. failed .. demoralized.. not doing that again.

I also like running ESO to help newer players get some levels, nice relics etc. It is a gamemode that encourages players with a means to help out others lacking.

I agree though it won't be for everyone, some play for the cinematics, I think by the time the game hit on consoles we already had cinematic quests.so maybe that's a contributing factor as well, not sure though. either way to each their own 🙂

7 hours ago, Jax_Cavalera said:

It can come down to the gear you run or how you use the frames, I've soloed ESO with saryn, mag, ember and equinox to 8 (some use more pads than others for energy but a few pads is worth the rad relics imo).

Not being able to continue due to the host bailing out needs to be fixed though, that's a seriously broken problem with it.

As for difficulty, it's end game stuff with end game type rewards, loads of mobs and usually decent spots to work cover plus room to dart around if open run and gun suits your play style / team config (except that one infested mission) I've not tried it with things like loki, ivara, ash or octavia who can go invisible, but would guess that can also work out just fine.

@(PS4)Agent_CHAR I guess it doesn't make sense unless you put 2 and 2 together, low drop rate items that are only something an end gamer (collector) / long time player would be interested in plus letting them play the game how it used to always be played because that's what drew us to the game in the first place.

We didn't buy into Warframe for their cinematic solo questing whatever it is they make you do now because it didn't exist. We bought into a game that was all about killing, killing lots, killing fast, and collecting everything. You used to have to open up every last container in a void key mission because you might just get that illusive Master Thief mod to help .. you guessed it, collect even more stuff. TL:DR -> It appeals to a different crowd and DE have realised that in order to maintain player retention they need to not only appeal to once specific demographic, but to accommodate diversity. 

Gear wheel is disabled in ESO.

2 hours ago, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

Gear wheel is disabled in ESO.

oh yeah lol my bad i don't actually use them personally due to zenurik + energy siphon being more than enough but threw it in there incase others might forgetting you can't even if you wanted to. good pickup

Gotta love when the host leaves because he didn't get revived one time.  3 people lose all rewards because some baby rage quit after bringing soft gear and expectedly dying a lot.  No way to know but the player seemed experienced enough to know what would happen to the others, and it happened right after he didn't get picked up.  This bad code is empowering bad players with a nuke-everyone-else option when they are host.

Edited by (XB1)DakVoidcloaker