Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Deluxe bundle feedback

The shoulder pieces that appear at high mutation are too big. They block a large portion of the screen When ADS with pistols especially, and look ridiculous when sprinting with any weapon. The best way to fix the issue would likely be to attach the shoulder pieces to either the warframe's back or the big metal collar of the skin, instead of being animated with the arms. That way, they are more rigid with Nidus's torso, and they wouldn't have to be downsized or removed. Please, I love this skin soooooo much! But I just can't take Nidus into missions with it equipped because of the shoulder pieces dominating so much of the screen.

The Nidus deluxe skin has terrible clipping issues at max stacks. Even in normal form using both his animation sets the neck armor is clipping with his helmet. It gets worse at max stacks.

His legs are clipping thru his mutation armor, and the shoulder pads are attached in such a way they end up in his head.

How is it possible that no one tested how this would look with both of his default animation sets? It looks even worse if you use other animation sets.

First of all I want to say the skin is indeed extremely beautiful and the whole hype was worth it for me. I'm not gonna lie. But there's at least 2 huge visual issues that really bug my eyes(and perhaps my OCD). First issue: his energy color looks and feels underwhelming inside the supposed ,,jelly hands'', which to me do not look jelly at all but more like very thin transparent plastic balloons, the ,,skin'' is very thin and looks nothing like in the promotional images shown at Tennocon nor does it look like the actual advertising image from our launcher.10Before.jpg.ee43baaa8a37ae42130a50165dbI think it is safe for me to comment that the hands here look thick, the texturing feels thick and not at all balloon-y and the energy color looks bright and neon-like. For comparison I took a screenshot of the customization I tried out for my own Nidus and it doesn't quite match what we were shown above.unknown.pngThe energy on the legs, head and other bits look fine but on the hands it looks like they are spray-painted with blue rather than having the energy glow inside them. I hope my description isn't too vague. 28543b6a47c689a70b19d449aa593d1a.jpgHere we can notice probably even clearer how thick those arms are supposed to look and how the energy is supposed to glow yet in game(and I tried to use a very bright appropriate blue) it just doesn't look similar at all. 

Second issue: Where is the ,,crotch'' loincloth? Was it moved to his backside as a syandana or? I hope not.

Anyway, these are the 2 issues that bug me the most because I really love this deluxe and I think it deserves a bit more attention when it comes to these visuals since these are skins and they should delight our eyes in the first place yet those balloon hands really do not delight my eyes.

19 minutes ago, net-crow said:

Here we can notice probably even clearer how thick those arms are supposed to look and how the energy is supposed to glow yet in game(and I tried to use a very bright appropriate blue) it just doesn't look similar at all. 

They look to have changed the energy bits. In those images it looks like the energy segment is an inbuilt bit. The final skin has it more as an overlay ontop of the model. So, it has a wispy-transparent affect. I would quite like it to be solid glowing bits.

The one major thing I noticed that you have not mentioned is the kubrow skin. Mine has no glowing parts at all*. It just looks hollow.

*This might be due to the energy colour that we cannot change. I will try some other Kubrows and see if they glow. Tried it: it looks to be dependent on the energy colour. But it is so pale I can barely even notice it.

Spoiler

unknown.png

Edited by krc473
Tried some more Kubrows

Just now, krc473 said:

They look to have changed the energy bits. In those images it looks like the energy segment is an inbuilt bit. The final skin has it more as an overlay ontop of the model. So, it has a wispy-transparent affect. I would quite like it to be solid glowing bits.

The one major thing I noticed that you have not mentioned is the kubrow skin. Mine has no glowing parts at all*. It just looks hollow.

*This might be due to the energy colour that we cannot change. I will try some other Kubrows and see if they glow.

I didn't even look at the kubrow skin yet, I was very focused on the gross boi. I might get triggered if I check it out now that you told me about it since I bought the whole bundle xD.

Just now, Ocerkin said:

i agree with the arm glow, its very underwhelming i have a bright orange but its really dull

I prefer to use dark colors on energy since to most frames it gives a ghastly feel but if I use a desaturated or dark color on this one it doesn't even look like the hands have any energy in them.

4 minutes ago, net-crow said:

I didn't even look at the kubrow skin yet, I was very focused on the gross boi. I might get triggered if I check it out now that you told me about it since I bought the whole bundle xD.

I mean, everything looks fine when you do not compare it to anything. But as soon as you look at the stock images DE gave us of the skins, the energy is totally wrong.

2 minutes ago, net-crow said:

I prefer to use dark colors on energy since to most frames it gives a ghastly feel but if I use a desaturated or dark color on this one it doesn't even look like the hands have any energy in them.

what i want is for the glow to be heightened and to backlight the bones floating in it so they show through more without having to use a REALLY bright color on the other parts of the skin

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

I mean, everything looks fine when you do not compare it to anything. But as soon as you look at the stock images DE gave us of the skins, the energy is totally wrong.

Yes. That's the problem...it kinda feels like false advertising and I know this probably isn't DE's intention. I just want to believe this is a bug and not how the final product should look.

Just now, net-crow said:

I just want to believe this is a bug and not how the final product should look.

They plan to show off the skin in Prime Time (starts in 10 mins or so) so maybe people will bring it to their attention then. I hope it is a bug (there have been issues like this before). If it is "intended" I may just see if I can get a refund on the bundle 🤷‍♂️.