Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong: The forgotten Warframe

-Onyx-AquaDragon42

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Clicks link, scrolls past the "range interaction" image. 

Next image is about a woman's confession regarding adultery.... hmmm...

Are you flirting with me? I'm touched, but no thanks.

It's clear you have nothing, so I'm heading back to bed for the remaining 2 hours I have before work. 

Click the new link, not the old one. I made a mistake as im in mobile.

Ill link it to u again...

https://imgur.com/a/IdlwAvr

10 minutes to quickly test...

by your belief, it would be impossible for the mods on the weapon to affect exaulted.. so here is a video where i start with only the gladiator set mods on the melee weapon.

Its pretty obvious seeing Valkyr go from yellow, to orange to red as her combo meter grows. Only the 3 Gladiator mods on the equipped dual Cleavers are contributing this.

go ahead and claim it due to console, however there has been no updates on this for PC either. it has no differant on any system.

Edit: holy crap watching that speed on the iron staff is crazy..

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

7 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Click the new link, not the old one. I made a mistake as im in mobile.

Ill link it to u again...

https://imgur.com/a/IdlwAvr

Have you actually read this? I mean, all you've linked me to is what ForNoPurpose posted earlier.

57 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

While officially Set Mod bonuses do not affect Exalted Weapons, the effect of Gladiator Mods still apply, as long as they aren’t equipped on Iron Staff itself and the Melee Combo Counter rank is above 1x.

Set bonus still applies as long as they aren't equipped on the Iron Staff itself.

We are telling you, and have proven, that you get the Set bonus effect for mods that are on your melee weapon. The weapon that isn't your Iron Staff.

This is not hard to understand. If you want to stubbornly refuse to listen, and can somehow dismiss the red crit picture I posted and video above, then I don't know what else to say besides "enjoy being wrong".

30 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

10 minutes to quickly test...

by your belief, it would be impossible for the mods on the weapon to affect exaulted.. so here is a video where i start with only the gladiator set mods on the melee weapon.

Its pretty obvious seeing Valkyr go from yellow, to orange to red as her combo meter grows. Only the 3 Gladiator mods on the equipped dual Cleavers are contributing this.

go ahead and claim it due to console, however there has been no updates on this for PC either. it has no differant on any system.

Edit: holy crap watching that speed on the iron staff is crazy..

Not to bash you or anything but that really does not look that impressive, and I would not call the speed crazy.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Have you actually read this? I mean, all you've linked me to is what ForNoPurpose posted earlier.

Set bonus still applies as long as they aren't equipped on the Iron Staff itself.

We are telling you, and have proven, that you get the Set bonus effect for mods that are on your melee weapon. The weapon that isn't your Iron Staff.

This is not hard to understand. If you want to stubbornly refuse to listen, and can somehow dismiss the red crit picture I posted and video above, then I don't know what else to say besides "enjoy being wrong".

Mods equipped to ur regular melee DO NOT effect ur exaLted weapons. 

Mine red crits constantly and have no gladiator mods in my regular melee.

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

2 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

You cant prove your end. I have irrefutable evidence that im right. Regardless, your trolling me at this point. Were done.

:crylaugh:

You've yet to show this "irrefutable" evidence. Meanwhile ForNoPurpose and I have posted mathematically sound reasoning and explanations as to why we red crit, you've simply declared "I red crit too without them!" (Because Kavats and Arcanes totally don't allow you to Red Crit either).

Your argument is non existent, yet you stubbornly repeat in the face of all proof to the contrary that mods on the melee weapon don't affect your Unique one.

I could point out that I've given an example of two other mods you can test, one of which can be tested very easily (Dispatch Overdrive) but based on your complete lack of testing on anything else I know you won't.

Keep being wrong, that's totally your decision, but don't drag others down by spreading misinformation.

You can argue about his stats all you want, yes there are mission types where he is even a great pick but his fatal flaw is simple, HE ISN'T FUN TO PLAY!, infact he is easily the most borring frame in my colection and im a melee adict the very kind of player who should love him. 

Just try going over an hour in survival, you cant not get absolutely sick of those repeditive jerky melee animations on his 4.

Edited by Fuzzydragon

40 minutes ago, seprent said:

but doesn't change the fact that some people play and have fun with him 

Some children eat glue sticks and crayons that doesn't mean they should be showing up on the menu. 

Edited by Fuzzydragon

17 minutes ago, Fuzzydragon said:

Some children eat glue sticks and crayons that doesn't mean they should be showing up on the menu. 

Unless you're advocating for Wukong's removal, this doesn't really hold much relevance. Wukong can, even in his current state, be plenty of fun.

Some don't find him fun, some do, it's really besides the point. We can make better arguments for reworking him than "I don't find him fun".

38 minutes ago, AquaDragon42 said:

I just tried Wukong with 4 Gladiator mods and did not see any significant improvement in my damage output.  I saw a bunch of yellow crits but only got a few orange crits well after I got into the x3 combo territory.  

Where did you put the Gladiator mods, specifically? 

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Where did you put the Gladiator mods, specifically? 

Gladiator Might and Gladiator Rush were on my Bo Prime (I use it for fashion when not playing seriously) while using Gladiator Resolve and Gladiator Aegis on my Warframe.  I would use Gladiator Vice on my Bo Prime but I dont have one.

I actually believe Wukong doesn't need a HUGE rework like many people say BUT his 3 (Cloud Walker) has to go. 

Passive: Tenacity: Buff it. instead of 50% bonus combo duration flat, change it to 50% on Melee weapons, 100% on Exalted Weapons. 

1: Iron Jab: Other than the obvious FIX THE BUGGY HITBOX DE! I believe adding some synergy to his kit would be great. When used while using Wukong's Primal Fury, the pole is much thicker, doubling the max range of impact from 2 meters to 4 meters (animation wise it would be poking with the max thickness, refference, use Primal Fury block combo)

2:  Defy: It's good as it is, moving on

3: Cloud Walker Doppelganger: In the book Journey to the West (were Sun Wukong is from), using clones/Doppelgangers was one of Monkey's most useful and used tricks. Wukong would summon 1 (or 2, depends on balance) sectors of himself. These sectors are immortal but have a time limit which is affected by Power Duration but otherwise act as normal sectors. This Synergies with Wukong's Primal Fury as if you have it active when casting Doppelganger would cause the copies to also wield the same weapon and explode once the duration runs out (or ability is nullified). {The simplicity of this ability is also meant to reduce time for coding and making new assets}

4: Primal Fury: Increase the Crit chance of the Iron Staff by 15%-25%, (I know that's about the same as Valkyr but she also has lots of knock down and had immortality tied to it.). And Either increase the status as well by 15% or give the pole a passive Shattering Impact as Impact damage scales the worst of all. Now having multiple passives would be confusing so I can see the removal of the "Growth" passive where combo counter = reach and possibly bring it to the length it is at x2.5 multiplier (maybe 3) or even the length used when seeing it in your Loadout. 

Edited by Phalian

51 minutes ago, AquaDragon42 said:

Gladiator Might and Gladiator Rush were on my Bo Prime (I use it for fashion when not playing seriously) while using Gladiator Resolve and Gladiator Aegis on my Warframe.  I would use Gladiator Vice on my Bo Prime but I dont have one.

And what other crit mods do you have for the staff? True Steel, Primal Rage?

22 minutes ago, Phalian said:

Increase the Crit chance of the Iron Staff by 15%-25%, 

It doesn't need more damage. This would be ridiculous, and would allow it to hit 100% crit chance with just the augment.

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

And what other crit mods do you have for the staff? True Steel, Primal Rage?

It doesn't need more damage. This would be ridiculous, and would allow it to hit 100% crit chance with just the augment.

True Steel.  I honestly dont see the use of Primal Fury because it mostly helps when you have a good kill flow going and if you have that going you dont really need a bonus to damage.