Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE - Weapon idea - Dual Nikanas

Eternal-Architect

9 minutes ago, Eternal-Architect said:

Could we have dual nikanas as a new weapon for the ultimate ninja experience?

Image result for samurai dual sword

That would be epic I was actually thinking about this two and, I was thing of a nikana stance or just a new way to hold it is to hold it out of the sheath in stead of holding the sword in the sheath and holding the sheath

15 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Considering the fact that the community is sick of dual blade weapons, no.

Where did you accumulate the knowledge that the community is sick of dual blades? Because I don’t think dual blades are the problem at all. It’s the clunky, jerky stances for them. 

50 minutes ago, GrimMonsoon said:

Where did you accumulate the knowledge that the community is sick of dual blades? Because I don’t think dual blades are the problem at all. It’s the clunky, jerky stances for them. 

I’ll bite.

I’m sick of so many dual swords. I and many others are sick of dual swords. Be it the spoken part of the community or not, the reality is that we have a massive surplus of dual swords, each one after the other can closely emulate the other to be similar if not having the same type of performance.

Whoever complained that Crossing Snakes and Swirling Tiger were “clunky,” Carving Mantis was DE’s answer in changing that perspective by offering a stance that allowed momentum/mobility with its combos with an alternative to its combos that were less animation locked than Swirling Tiger and/or Crossing Snakes. And even then, we still have too many dual swords, and having the recent addition of Carving Mantis is no reason to include more dual swords in the game.

We should get more weapons that not dual swords. We’re literally suffocating in them.

2 hours ago, GrimMonsoon said:

We have 17 of the damn things, with 2 more on the way. They have the most amount of melee weapons per type. WE DONT NEED ANYMORE!

11 hours ago, GrimMonsoon said:

In a previous Devstream DE announced a bunch of new weapons, among which was a pair of dual swords. Both the forums and the subreddit were later flooded with posts about how there were too many dual swords already, with even some notable content creators acknowledging this as well. 

Two points, if I may.

1. Dual Nikanas would need to have their own entire sub category of weapons animations and movements to handle differently from dual swords.

2. They'd still be twin swords and stuck in a space that is festooned with a ludicrous number of weapons, many of which are only slightly different from one another given the nature of stances, melee animations, and the work that goes into them heavily limiting the points of divergence between weapons to the weapon's damage type, attack speed, crit chance, and status chance.

Personally, I'd love to have dual nikanas, I just don't see a space for them to inhabit that isn't going to be handily standing on the toes of dual swords, while putting them into the dual sword category would just be stuffing another (likely very strong) melee weapon into a category that already has more weapons in it that about a half dozen categories combined.

11 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Two points, if I may.

1. Dual Nikanas would need to have their own entire sub category of weapons animations and movements to handle differently from dual swords.

2. They'd still be twin swords and stuck in a space that is festooned with a ludicrous number of weapons, many of which are only slightly different from one another given the nature of stances, melee animations, and the work that goes into them heavily limiting the points of divergence between weapons to the weapon's damage type, attack speed, crit chance, and status chance.

Personally, I'd love to have dual nikanas, I just don't see a space for them to inhabit that isn't going to be handily standing on the toes of dual swords, while putting them into the dual sword category would just be stuffing another (likely very strong) melee weapon into a category that already has more weapons in it that about a half dozen categories combined.

The main reason i want them would be for fashion frame. 

On 2018-08-03 at 11:42 PM, Eternal-Architect said:

Could we have dual nikanas as a new weapon for the ultimate ninja experience?

Image result for samurai dual sword

*whispers* Nikanas are based on katana. They are not ninja weapons. Samurai usually carried two swords, a long sword katana and a short sword wakizashi, as elites in society the blades were often as much ceremonial as defensive. What ninja are imagined to be and what they actually were are not necessarily the same thing but the blade type they are usually famed for using is called a ninjato. So a dual nikana would be more "the ultimate samurai experience"...