Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo is the tankiest frame

daveythedumb

I think we are muddying the definition of what a "Tank" is.  Evading all damage =/= Tank.  By that rationale, Ash can be considered a Tank with his Invisibility.  

Also, without Taunt mechanics, you can't really use the terminology of "Tank".  

Edited by AlMcFly

Being unhittable is not tanky, it's an avoidance mechanic. Being tanky means he can take hits and shrug them off or keep going against odds that may kill more fragile frames. This debate has been tried before and shut down before, because if you slip out of the void for just a moment and take one significant hit you go splat. By this logic my Ivara is the tankiest frame in the game because I can perma-Prowl and thus never get hit so I'm the best tank ever right?

In a general gaming definition, tanking is about drawing aggro and being able to take hits for either for themselves or for their teammates who won't be able to survive them. Limbo has the lifespan of the fly without protection and just avoiding the hits by hiding from them doesn't define him as a tank. He does nothing a tank can do. I don't consider frames like Limbo or Wukong as tanks, and trying to conflate them as such as just a bad idea, in my opinion.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

12 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

Also, without Taunt mechanics, you can't really use the terminology of "Tank". 

Wukong can have Guardian Derision for free on his Unique weapon.

I know it's only within 15m, but it fits the criteria. Wukong best tank confirmed.

6 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

In a general gaming definition, tanking is about drawing aggro and being able to take hits for either for themselves or for their teammates who won't be able to survive them. Limbo has the lifespan of the fly without protection and just avoiding the hits by hiding from them doesn't define him as a tank. He does nothing a tank can do. I don't consider frames like Limbo or Wukong as tanks, and trying to conflate them as such as just a bad idea, in my opinion.

Tanking is drawing aggro, yes

So walk into a group of enemies, hit rift and watch your team slaughter them gg

3 minutes ago, daveythedumb said:

You're only looking at one side of the coin. Others will draw aggro with their presence as they approach anyway, limbo can't keep aggro and doesn't have abilities to do so.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

1 minute ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

You're only looking at one side of the coin. Others will draw aggro with their presence as they approach anyway, limbo can't keep aggro. (Not many frames can tbh)

Enemies in combat won't switch target if another person just walks up

4 minutes ago, daveythedumb said:

Enemies in combat won't switch target if another person just walks up

Which is exactly why Limbo is a bad tank. If a teammate is being attacked then walking up to them with Limbo will do nothing. If an objective is under fire the same happens. 

il y a 9 minutes, daveythedumb a dit :

What if they are in the rift.

Unless you say fighting on the same ground is like bieng proc by slash.

Edited by angias

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Which is exactly why Limbo is a bad tank. If a teammate is being attacked then walking up to them with Limbo will do nothing. If an objective is under fire the same happens. 

On the other side of the coin, if limbo is the one being attacked then the friendlies walking up won't do anything.

If an objective is under fire...

cataclysm+stasis. lul