Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I would like to thank DE for this

Feuershark

So yesterday, my cat died. She had this cancerous tumor, and it was killing her.

I'm not writing this for the sob story, but rather today's Sortie. First mission ? Hive.maxresdefault.jpg

(random pic I found)

I think I don't need to explain further. At least the irony cheered me up.

Edited by Feuershark

4 minutes ago, Feuershark said:

So yesterday, my cat died. She had this cancerous tumor, and it was killing her.

I'm not writing this for the sob story, but rather today's Sortie. First mission ? Hive.

(random pic I found)

I think I don't need to explain further. At least the irony cheered me up.

damn..well hope ya cheer up soon man. keep doing em damn hive mission and show em whos boss! FOR MR. FLUFFY!!!

il y a 34 minutes, (PS4)Equinox21697 a dit :

You should incubate a Kavat mate, they look like hell spawn at first but once you get to know them better they're still ugly, but hey, atleast you have a cat 🙂

yeah I have one I think mine's pretty cute, but simply seeing isn't what I'm gonna miss

il y a 6 minutes, Harrock86 a dit :

Sorry to read that, I know how it feels. Cheer up, she has 8 lives more to go 🐈 How old was she ?

She was 13, which is young-ish but I think she had a good life

That glowing orange thing in the picture looks like the alien from the film Flight Of The Navigator.

Anyone remember the film and know what I mean?

It's the alien that befriends the kid and comes down from the ceiling with a long neck.

Sorry about your cat...it is always difficult losing a beloved pet.

I lost 2 of my Staffies earlier this year, that I had had since they were puppies, and which lived to be 12 and 15 respectively, as they both died within a month of each other.

Edited by (PS4)RhinoCharging00

5 hours ago, (PS4)RhinoCharging00 said:

That glowing orange thing in the picture looks like the alien from the film Flight Of The Navigator.

Anyone remember the film and know what I mean?

It's the alien that befriends the kid and comes down from the ceiling with a long neck...

Trimaxion or "Max" voiced by Paul "Pee-wee Herman" Reubens.  This may not be my most watched movie but I know I've seen it somewhere around 15 times.

33 minutes ago, Arcainyx said:

Trimaxion or "Max" voiced by Paul "Pee-wee Herman" Reubens.  This may not be my most watched movie but I know I've seen it somewhere around 15 times.

Me too, I've seen it so many times...probably a dozen since it came out.

Do you remember the little dog like box robot he hides in to escape his room in the ultra high security military installation before stealing the most important piece of technology in all human history and flying it all over the world?

Edited by (PS4)RhinoCharging00

2 minutes ago, (PS4)RhinoCharging00 said:

...Do you remember the little dog like box robot he hides in to escape his room in the ultra high security military installation before stealing the most important piece of technology in all human history and flying it all over the world?

I do.  That movie was pretty enjoyable for its time and for a while after that but it had some of the same believability issues that a lot of movies from that time did.  I may not agree with the "Hollywood" treatment that current movies get but it seems like current movies are a bit more believable/accurate.

56 minutes ago, Arcainyx said:

I do.  That movie was pretty enjoyable for its time and for a while after that but it had some of the same believability issues that a lot of movies from that time did.  I may not agree with the "Hollywood" treatment that current movies get but it seems like current movies are a bit more believable/accurate.

lol...

I always found the Leslie Nielsen t.v show Police Squad, and the later Naked Gun films, to be a brilliant, if not exactly nuanced, critique of the kind of procedural cop shows t.v and movies offered.

They made fun of the ridiculous stunt doubles and phoned in plot lines. 

Spaceballs, again hardly understated, did the same with SciFi didn't it?

Have you seen the new one from Seth Macfarlane who wrote Family Guy?

It's a kind of homage to the more ludicrous elements of shows like Star Trek.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)RhinoCharging00 said:

- snip -

Police Squad/Naked Gun...excellent.  TBH I enjoyed many of the same films of that type from around that time period like Airplane!, etc.

Spaceballs...too good.  I enjoy it from start to finish every time I watch it.  I remember reading that at one point they actually were going to make some sort of "Spaceballs: The Sequel" and I was sad to hear that idea got chopped.

You mean The Orville?  Sadly I missed it.  I also wasn't sure if it was good enough for me to try to watch it online.  I'll give it another look.

28 minutes ago, Arcainyx said:

Police Squad/Naked Gun...excellent.  TBH I enjoyed many of the same films of that type from around that time period like Airplane!, etc.

Spaceballs...too good.  I enjoy it from start to finish every time I watch it.  I remember reading that at one point they actually were going to make some sort of "Spaceballs: The Sequel" and I was sad to hear that idea got chopped.

You mean The Orville?  Sadly I missed it.  I also wasn't sure if it was good enough for me to try to watch it online.  I'll give it another look.

Airplane was hilarious too, agreed.

Some others they did in that kind of comedy style was Loaded Weapon and the ones (can't remember the name) with Charlie Sheen as Topper Harley, which spoofed Top Gun.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)RhinoCharging00 said:

...the ones (can't remember the name) with Charlie Sheen as Topper Harley, which spoofed Top Gun.

Hot Shots.  I enjoyed watching them.  Maybe not as much as some of the others of their kind but still enjoyable.