Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acolytes arent worth playing

(XBOX)Scrub8247

Running nothing but the Acolytes....all of them...I've gotten 3 pressurized mags and that's it!!! Zero of the other gold mods and I play at least 8 hrs a day [I'm disabled so I can play...lol..I know wut ur gonna say....."that's Rng"......NOPE!! not when u keep getting the same mod over and over.......Something isn't right!!  1 Gold mod has a 4% chance to drop, The other 3 each has a 22% chance to drop, but i keep getting the same ones [once in a blue moon I get 1 of the others, but nothing like wut I'm getting from the others]......

DE's Rng, isn't quite right......plus grinding.....Definitely not running this event again....

Rant over...

And by the way, I ran this the first time it came out, and got several of all the mods, including the gold mods.....so De has definitely changed the drop rates....

Considering there are only 4 mods that even drop from each, getting one repeatedly is completely normal.

If you roll a 6 sided dice, it's entirely possible you might never roll a 6 in even over 100 rolls.  On paper, math won't say that's "likely", but in practice it is entirely possible.  

Go flip a coin and see, out of 100 flips, how often you get heads vs tails.   The "drop rate" for heads might be 50% on paper, tied with Tails, but in practice it doesn't ALWAYS happen that exact frequency.

So yes, though you may not like to hear it...it IS just "RNG".  And it's -fair-

Well, I'm not gonna complain about the RNG, I accepted that thing since Closed Beta. No, the thing that bother me is the way this event is done. Every time acolyte return, I'm all pumped "yeah let's do this !" and after farming 1 or 2 acolyte, I'm burned.

I've done some crazy farming before, but this one is just annoying. Dude shows up and go super fast. Then you have to run mission at random, and even if you found it, well, you gotta go fast to check other mission right ? So you miss the one and only room that you should NOT have missed and...so many shenanigan with this event, it's just stupid.

You'd think that taking a break from relic/kuva farming would be fun right ? Nope, gotta go back to the void, get some plat and buy anything I need from this stupid event.

No most of you are assuming you know how rng works . I tend to lean more towards the OP's side when i'm seeing the same EXACT mod drop over and over out of a multiple drop pool thats not rng a coin flip is 2 choices their pool is larger so not the same ball of wax . We won't mention the times when the acolyte bugs and falls through the map and you get squat and its just try again buddy. If it was true RNG the drops would be spread more in the drop pool of the 3 with a mix of the 4th rare not all day running and seeing 1 damn mod 95% of the day. Gamers are told it's just RNG and buy into there is no system or pattern to it EVERYTHING has a pattern someway somehow in the programing.

2 minutes ago, Deathwalker1 said:

No most of you are assuming you know how rng works . I tend to lean more towards the OP's side when i'm seeing the same EXACT mod drop over and over out of a multiple drop pool thats not rng a coin flip is 2 choices their pool is larger so not the same ball of wax . We won't mention the times when the acolyte bugs and falls through the map and you get squat and its just try again buddy. If it was true RNG the drops would be spread more in the drop pool of the 3 with a mix of the 4th rare not all day running and seeing 1 damn mod 95% of the day. Gamers are told it's just RNG and buy into there is no system or pattern to it EVERYTHING has a pattern someway somehow in the programing.

Lol 'true' RNG

3 minutes ago, Deathwalker1 said:

That's not how RNG works.

You're asking for false RNG that does things like avoiding streaks, but then that ain't random anymore.

"Anyone who considers arithmetical methods of producing random digits is, of course, in a state of sin." John Von Neumann 

Take some computing courses and read books like

ACP.jpg

and maybe try to build your own pseudo random number generator then you might know how fair/random it is. 

Edited by Volinus7

Just now, xcenic said:

Shhhh Op, This forum have an army of angry ants who attack you the moment you say acolytes event isnt worthy the time/reward.

You know what? In pure terms of time spent vs value of the items you're getting, it probably isn't. 

But arguing an event isn't random because the results aren't what you expected them to be is a ridiculous standpoint. 

While everyone is busy farming the acolytes, farm other stuff like corrupted mods, aura mods, prime parts, vaulted items etc... Sell those for plat and buy the acolyte mods you want or trade for them.

basically, grinding is GOING to happen, but why stress yourself out for 4% drop rates when you could have a more leisure grind and still get what you want at the end of the day?

8 minutes ago, Deathwalker1 said:

most of you are assuming you know how rng works

8 minutes ago, Deathwalker1 said:

If it was true RNG the drops would be spread more in the drop pool of the 3 with a mix of the 4th rare

I didn't even need to make a funny comment to make this post hilarious, that saved me some time to colorize the text.

Time well spent..

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Gerbizzzle said:

While everyone is busy farming the acolytes, farm other stuff like corrupted mods, aura mods, prime parts, vaulted items etc... Sell those for plat and buy the acolyte mods you want or trade for them.

basically, grinding is GOING to happen, but why stress yourself out for 4% drop rates when you could have a more leisure grind and still get what you want at the end of the day?

The good thing I've found is that I've played some missions i wouldn't usually play, like spy missions, and as such have gotten a load of rare mods that i wouldn't usually get. 

38 minutes ago, (XB1)Danowat32 said:

It always reminds me of the people who complain when a 98% shot in XCOM fails to connect. 

E0y4nJC.png

There actually is something wonky with XCOM hit percentages though. The reported chance to hit is not the actual chance to hit (Not as bad as the graph jokingly says), and the difference between reported and actual increases as you approach 100%. Its not unique to XCOM either.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)T0PP HATT said:

u assume u know know more than anywone i guess

Not to be rude, but your way of typing and original posts leaves little room for confidence.

As for the topic of changing RNG rates, I'm afraid that it's unlikely your sample size is large enough to make that determination. The event simply hasn't been running long enough for any single person to collect enough data to make that determination.