Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change how to "master" weapons, Soft Version

DreisterDino

So, since my other thread "change how to master Weapons, disable passive XP" is working out greatly with lots of positive resonace, i thought i'll add this "Soft Version" 🙃

Suggestion:

- rename "Mastered" label to "levelled"

- you level weapons like you do now

- you get the affinity for your MR like you do now

- in order to "Master" a weapon and get the "Mastered" label, you have to perform kills with it

- there is no Affinity linked to this system, it will be just something added on top

- you have mastered a weapon after 500 kills (maybe less for Snipers/Bows and more for Melee for example)

- possible rewards are either only the tag itself or:

--- a skin for the weapon, a sygil, other cosmetics

--- different special glyphs that show you have mastered weapons, maybe Bronze/Silver/Gold Version for each weapon category (Primary/Secondary/Melee)

--- overall Mastery Glyph also in 3 versions for total weapons mastered ( for example: Bronze 50 weapons, Silver 100 Weapons, Gold 150 Weapons)

That way, everyone who just wants to level up weapons as fast as possible and get the XP to get through the game can still do that without being harmed in any way.

Other players that are looking for something to do or for a reason to really test out and play with some weapons get a reason to do so and might even get a small bonus as a reward for their efforts

Ok, i am really curious what you think about this 😀

Edited by DreisterDino

vor 28 Minuten schrieb paul5473:

I don't think that other thread has much positivity at all the please just stop with this...

That was a joke, ok?

And why should i stop, i took all the feedback and changed the idea, do you like it more when people go into Rage-Mode if someone disagrees to their opinion and flame everyone in the topic? I see that pretty often in this forum, dont think thats a better way to handle it 😉

Also, this forum is full of stupid suggestions that come in daily, so i think i am allowed to make some aswell ^^

I simply think that its stupid that you "master" weapons without playing them at all, i havent played any game that handles it like this.

Edited by DreisterDino

The Mastery system shouldn't be taken literally. The mastered tag is just to note that you've already gotten the one time account experience, because lord help us running back and forth to figure out what you didnt have mastered was a pain.

18 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Also, this forum is full of stupid suggestions that come in daily, so i think i am allowed to make some aswell ^^

....you're calling your own suggestion stupid? Two wrongs don't make a right....

Something I think they could do is give each weapon a Riven slot/challenge of sorts. This would take some of the RNG out of the Riven system and at this point most would be okay sticking to the weapon they want to unlock the riven for.

What you're suggesting is a full middle finger to anyone that wants to progress in this cooperative game, but is out killed by a teammate. It's hard enough to keep everyone in affinity range, you want to add another layer of pseudo-cooperation to Warframe? No. Thank. You.

Edited by Synpai

19 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

That was a joke, ok?

And why should i stop, i took all the feedback and changed the idea, do you like it more when people go into Rage-Mode if someone disagrees to their opinion and flame everyone in the topic? I see that pretty often in this forum, dont think thats a better way to handle it 😉

I simply think that its stupid that you "master" weapons without playing them at all, i havent played any game that handles it like this.

If you wanna master weapons the ‘right’ way then do it yourself, don’t force your way on us 

Seems like no one here understands irony or sarcasm...well i thought it would be obvious to a thinking individual that i was joking when i said my first topic recieved a lot of positive feedback and that this thread is a stupid suggestion like so many other threads in this forum, guess i was wrong....anyway^^

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Synpai:

What you're suggesting is a full middle finger to anyone that wants to progress in this cooperative game, but is out killed by a teammate. It's hard enough to keep everyone in affinity range, you want to add another layer of pseudo-cooperation to Warframe? No. Thank. You. 

Progression isnt harmed in any way, everything stays the same.

This would be simply an addition on which you could invest some time if you want a special glyph or something.

1 hour ago, DreisterDino said:

- in order to "Master" a weapon and get the "Mastered" label, you have to perform kills with it

- you have mastered a weapon after 500 kills

Oh yes, lets make a system in a Co-Op focused game that essentially forces people to play solo!  After all if you get paired with a nuker frame you're just SOL with nothing you can do but wait for teh mission to be over so you can try again and hope you don't get a nuker next time or just play solo to avoid all the killstealing that would happen.  Such a great idea /s
And does this only count weapons and not warframes?  Because if it counts warframes as well good luck ever "mastering" Loki with your idea...

Beyond that though, this just creates busy work and tedium that doesn't show any "mastery".
After all which has "mastered" their gear more?  The people who sit on Everest excavation node on Earth and kill 500 level 1-6 grineer with a Frost?  Or the people who go to Mot and kill 500 much higher level corrupted enemies?
Also is a Secura Penta mastered after 500 kills even though it took a lot less "skill" and effort than a Lato for the exact same 500 kills on the exact same enemies?  What about any of the bows, such as the Daikyu, that would take longer and require better aim than any of the hitscan weapons?

Your idea fails to prove any more "mastery" than the current system.
It just shows that you can go through the boring tedium of killing 500 enemies on Earth, not that you know how to use your weapon.

Edited by Tsukinoki

16 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Seems like no one here understands irony or sarcasm...well i thought it would be obvious to a thinking individual that i was joking when i said my first topic recieved a lot of positive feedback and that this thread is a stupid suggestion like so many other threads in this forum, guess i was wrong....anyway^^

Progression isnt harmed in any way, everything stays the same.

This would be simply an addition on which you could invest some time if you want a special glyph or something.

VIA TEXT!?!?!? 

The "..my old post got a lot of positive feedback.." lots of sarcasm detected. Joke...not so much.

48 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

This....not so much. No one knows you, there are people that 100% follow that sort of rationale.

Your topic needs more clarity and structure because it's not coming off properly. What you mean to say is not what is conveyed. Why even change the original system in place when you can easily just add onto it? As @Tsukinoki said, getting kills is also not a valid way to judge mastery.

25 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

well i thought it would be obvious to a thinking individual

Is this Irony?

Really though, jabs like this are really unnecessary. 

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Tsukinoki:

Oh yes, lets make a system in a Co-Op focused game that essentially forces people to play solo!  After all if you get paired with a nuker frame you're just SOL with nothing you can do but wait for teh mission to be over so you can try again and hope you don't get a nuker next time or just play solo to avoid all the killstealing that would happen.  Such a great idea /s
And does this only count weapons and not warframes?  Because if it counts warframes as well good luck ever "mastering" Loki with your idea...

This wouldnt be anything you would "farm for" while you are regulary playing.

So if there are nukeframes, there are nukeframes. If you dont do kills with your weapons and just carry them around while the frame abilities do the work, its logic for me that you dont "master" your weapons at the same time, since you dont even use them.

To your other questions, no i didnt want to add this for Frames.

I forgot to add it in this topic but wrote in the other one that yes, Bows or snipers would take less kills to master while MeleeWeapons for example would take more kills.

1 hour ago, DreisterDino said:

Maybe you haven't noticed it yet but Warframe is a pretty stupid game that doesn't require high intelligence or IQ. 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Synpai:

VIA TEXT!?!?!? 

The "..my old post got a lot of positive feedback.." lots of sarcasm detected. Joke...not so much.

@Tsukinoki

Yes sry, i should have known better. Though i thought the smiley on the head would be an indicator that i am not serious ^^

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Synpai:

Why even change the original system in place when you can easily just add onto it? As @Tsukinoki said, getting kills is also not a valid way to judge mastery.

I dont want to change the original system? The system we have right now just gets a new label ("Mastered" becomes "leveled") and everything thats linked to this system remains the same, the "Mastering" will be added on top. What, if not getting kills with a weapon determines mastery then? I dont think there is anything else. The current system definitely not.

Maybe an example, in the Battlefield-Series you also "Master" your weapons at 500 kills (at least in Bf3 and 4, didnt play any title after that).

If you have done that, you get a dogtag you can equip. You can try to master all the weapons if you want, but its not mandatory. I thought of the same for Warframe. If you want to invest some time to master all the weapons, you can do so and got maybe a Glyph to show when you have managed to do it.

6 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

I dont want to change the original system? The system we have right now just gets a new label ("Mastered" becomes "leveled") and everything thats linked to this system remains the same, the "Mastering" will be added on top. What, if not getting kills with a weapon determines mastery then? I dont think there is anything else. The current system definitely not.

Maybe an example, in the Battlefield-Series you also "Master" your weapons at 500 kills (at least in Bf3 and 4, didnt play any title after that).

If you have done that, you get a dogtag you can equip. You can try to master all the weapons if you want, but its not mandatory. I thought of the same for Warframe. If you want to invest some time to master all the weapons, you can do so and got maybe a Glyph to show when you have managed to do it.

But we can see that the "IHOB" fiasco disproves that a rose by any other name is not always just as sweet.

So maybe finding a name for your super-mastery system is better than rewriting what exists. Equally total affinity is probably best, cause who cares if you're using it so long as you always bring it? That in of itself takes some dedication  This sadly isn't a PvP game where you can properly do Kills + assists = reward.

My personal opinion is you're not gonna get any better than the Rivens for use of a weapon or another avenue to grab conclave skins.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Synpai:

Equally total affinity is probably best, cause who cares if you're using it so long as you always bring it? That in of itself takes some dedication  This sadly isn't a PvP game where you can properly do Kills + assists = reward.

Dunno, but that would be the same as right now, you could master it again by just equipping and not using it.

On the PVP thing: There is some "killstealing" going on there as well, i mean taking Battlefield as an example, you play with 32 players in your team, some have tanks, jets, choppers or other bigger weapons and might take your kills. Still no one complained about that regarding the "get 500 kills to master a weapon" subject.

And i dont think it would be a problem here, i mean sometimes kills get stolen from you, sometimes you finish of a weak enemy that has been hit by something else before.

5 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

So, since my other thread "change how to master Weapons, disable passive XP" is working out greatly with lots of positive resonace, i thought i'll add this "Soft Version" 🙃

Suggestion:

- rename "Mastered" label to "levelled"

- you level weapons like you do now

- you get the affinity for your MR like you do now

- there is no Affinity linked to this system, it will be just something added on top

- you have mastered a weapon after 500 kills (maybe less for Snipers/Bows and more for Melee for example)

- possible rewards are either only the tag itself or:

--- a skin for the weapon, a sygil, other cosmetics

--- different special glyphs that show you have mastered weapons, maybe Bronze/Silver/Gold Version for each weapon category (Primary/Secondary/Melee)

--- overall Mastery Glyph also in 3 versions for total weapons mastered ( for example: Bronze 50 weapons, Silver 100 Weapons, Gold 150 Weapons)

That way, everyone who just wants to level up weapons as fast as possible and get the XP to get through the game can still do that without being harmed in any way.

Other players that are looking for something to do or for a reason to really test out and play with some weapons get a reason to do so and might even get a small bonus as a reward for their efforts

Ok, i am really curious what you think about this 😀

So instead of just saying your an idiot and such, which your not its just a bad idea, lets go over why. I will go over both of your ideas.

1. The problem with either idea is that you would have to potato ALL of these weapons so they can be used. At the drop rates we have now, its completely unreasonable and would take forever.

2. The Lower your MR, the worse this idea gets. At mr 10, for example, I have 20 slots to use. Serration and maybe an element? Some weapons would do ok, most weapons you would die more often then you would get kills. Some take 2-3 forma minimum to be worth a crap on the star chart since their base stats are so bad.

Those two alone make the idea unusable. 

The MR number is really tied to the tests your taking, not really what your leveling. My mr wont go up on just leveling things alone. I have to take the tests. If you dont think the tests are sufficient, that's another post. 

vor 8 Minuten schrieb tCartmant:

So instead of just saying your an idiot and such, which your not its just a bad idea, lets go over why. I will go over both of your ideas.

How kind!

1. The problem with either idea is that you would have to potato ALL of these weapons so they can be used. At the drop rates we have now, its completely unreasonable and would take forever.

Not really, if a weapon is on max rank you can fit many mods in (and you level them like you do now, so you dont need kills to level),

and i am pretty sure that 90% of the weapons can kill anything on the first planets with some mods equipped. Besides, if one doesnt care to master the weapons, he can simply ignore all this and go on with warframe like he would, since nothing mandatory comes from this.

2. The Lower your MR, the worse this idea gets. At mr 10, for example, I have 20 slots to use. Serration and maybe an element? Some weapons would do ok, most weapons you would die more often then you would get kills. Some take 2-3 forma minimum to be worth a crap on the star chart since their base stats are so bad.

Since you can level them before you start mastering them that shouldnt be a problem, we all end up with the same mod-capacity in the end, no matter how high the MR is. Also, this whole mastering thing wouldnt be something a MR10 should or would focus on, it would be something that you can do when you have done everything else.

Edited by DreisterDino

10 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Dunno, but that would be the same as right now, you could master it again by just equipping and not using it.

On the PVP thing: There is some "killstealing" going on there as well, i mean taking Battlefield as an example, you play with 32 players in your team, some have tanks, jets, choppers or other bigger weapons and might take your kills. Still no one complained about that regarding the "get 500 kills to master a weapon" subject.

And i dont think it would be a problem here, i mean sometimes kills get stolen from you, sometimes you finish of a weak enemy that has been hit by something else before.

The difference being those games are 100% about kills. You actually tend to get LESS kills when you're down a member as opposed to Warframe where you're better off playing solo onslaught to just "master" the weapon. All that shows is that you took the time to go kill 500 enemies with a weapon, I average about 300 per mission non-solo. 

MW2 was at least nice because it was headshots to get the skins, but then you have issues with melee weapons and other weapons that make that impossible to control.

I don't think there's really a way to make it both feel special without it being asinine in a coop game.