Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So ah... why should we play Frame Fighter?

Tellakey

You say it’s ‘not for fun’ but who are you to say people shouldn’t play Warframe for fun? Playing games is always for fun, everything you mentioned about experiencing the world, lore...etc contributed to you having fun with the game

So, even if you don’t think it’s for fun, that’s just your opinion. It’s a mini game made for people who enjoy that kinda game to have fun while still playing Warframe 

8 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

That's not to say Warframe's gameplay is boring, just that if I played for pure fun, there are better games out there.

I'm really curious, why do you play in this case ? It's purely "for fun" for me. How could I play otherwise ? 

Is playing Warframe your job, do you get paid for it ? Otherwise I don't really understand.

12 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

but its fun factor is not its selling point.

Speak for yourself. I wouldn't still be here if I didn't find its combat system fun.

Maybe it's because I go out of my way to avoid breaking the game's balance, but Warframe has one of the best combat systems I've ever experienced in a game.

I played Flappy Zephyr once, I played Wyrmius once. For me, Frame Fighter is going to be another one of those things that I might play once. It isn't intended to be something you grind, just another thing people have an option to do.

It doesn't really make sense to lock it behind a Simaris grind wall though. Kinda locks out all the newer players who don't really care about the grind. You know, those ones you see populating conclave.

8 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Maybe it's because I go out of my way to avoid breaking the game's balance, but Warframe has one of the best combat systems I've ever experienced in a game.

What? Maybe you and I have different ideas of what a "great combat system" is, but I really don't feel as though holding down Mouse 1 to mow down hordes of enemies is a combat system that can be classified as "best ever". Fun, sure, but definitely not something to be put up on a pedestal. When I think of "great combat system", I think of something with challenging, highly skill-based mechanics, like a fighting game or hack-and-slash with dodge moves and combos that really make you feel engaged in the moment.

That's not to say that Warframe's combat system is bad; just that I feel as though it doesn't deserve to be called anything better than 'good' or 'fun'.

Edited by Yuri_Doujinshi

If Warframe wasn’t fun to me, I wouldn’t be here right now. Do I love the lore and everything else that Warframe has to offer? Of course, but I literally wouldn’t be here if the game wasn’t enjoyable. Frame Fighter isn’t supposed to have conclave standing since it’s a mini-game, which is purely based around having fun outside the main game.

35 minutes ago, tyranno66 said:

Maybe it's not for fun for you but it's fun to many other people. Not everything needs to be grind.

It's win-win for DE should they add rewards. Those who play for fun keep doing so, but those who play for rewards then have an incentive to join in.

28 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

You say it’s ‘not for fun’ but who are you to say people shouldn’t play Warframe for fun? Playing games is always for fun, everything you mentioned about experiencing the world, lore...etc contributed to you having fun with the game

So, even if you don’t think it’s for fun, that’s just your opinion. It’s a mini game made for people who enjoy that kinda game to have fun while still playing Warframe 

When did I say that other people shouldn't play for fun?

26 minutes ago, Harrock86 said:

I'm really curious, why do you play in this case ? It's purely "for fun" for me. How could I play otherwise ? 

Is playing Warframe your job, do you get paid for it ? Otherwise I don't really understand.

Gaming, like anything else in life, is about need-fulfillment. Some play to blow off some steam, others to escape the world, yet others for a challenge, etc... "Fun" is a general world, but if you get down to it, fun alone is not actually the reason. It's deeper than that.

I personally find a feeling of content in seeing my collection expand, in possessing an arsenal of weapons and frames and a home away from home in the Liset, all tweaked to visual and technical perfection. It also helps that this alt-reality is an interesting one, otherwise, I wouldn't really care to amass such a collection. You could say Warframe is more about content than fun for me.

23 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Speak for yourself. I wouldn't still be here if I didn't find its combat system fun.

I... did speak for myself. 

Edited by Tellakey

24 minutes ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

What? Maybe you and I have different ideas of what a "great combat system" is, but I really don't feel as though holding down Mouse 1 to mow down hordes of enemies is a combat system that can be classified as "best ever".

24 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Maybe it's because I go out of my way to avoid breaking the game's balance,

28 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

If Warframe wasn’t fun to me, I wouldn’t be here right now. Do I love the lore and everything else that Warframe has to offer? Of course, but I literally wouldn’t be here if the game wasn’t enjoyable. Frame Fighter isn’t supposed to have conclave standing since it’s a mini-game, which is purely based around having fun outside the main game.

Let me ask you: would you still play without mods, Fashion Frame, pets, cinematic quests, voice acting, etc? Suppose the game was basically mission after mission of only slaughtering mobs, no exp, no rewards, no nothing. Just missions.

My point is, "fun" is a very simple word that hardly encompasses the reality of why we play games. It's the equivalent of me saying I love horror movies because they're fun. So gaming and horror movies are basically the same thing? Then why do some people who like gaming don't like horror movies? And vice versa.

Edited by Tellakey

2 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

Let me ask you: would you still play without mods, Fashion Frame, pets, cinematic quests, voice acting, etc?

Considering that I joined before the last 3 were added in (aside from Lotus transmissions), and I believe the modding system is inherently flawed, yes. I like the movement, powers guns and melee that much.

3 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

My point is, "fun" is a very simple word that hardly encompasses the reality of why we play games.

Maybe to those who overthink things, but that's not the case for everyone.

1 minute ago, Corvid said:

Considering that I joined before the last 3 were added in (aside from Lotus transmissions), and I believe the modding system is inherently flawed, yes. I like the movement, powers guns and melee that much.

Have you joined and pledged a ton of money for a founder status because you were satisfied with the game as is, or did you pledge with the expectation of the game developing into something better? Because sure, I joined not too long after you, but I wouldn't have stayed here had the game remained in a development stasis.

2 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Maybe to those who overthink things, but that's not the case for everyone.

You just implied that the entire concept of academia and university are moot because there is nothing more to reality if you don't overthink things. I didn't say that you have to be aware of those deeper reasons, but come on, do you deny the entire premise of psychology?

Let me ask you: would you still play without mods, Fashion Frame, pets, cinematic quests, voice acting, etc? Suppose the game was basically mission after mission of only slaughtering mobs, no exp, no rewards, no nothing. Just missions.

My point is, "fun" is a very simple word that hardly encompasses the reality of why we play games. It's the equivalent of me saying I love horror movies because they're fun. So gaming and horror movies are basically the same thing? Then why do some people who like gaming don't like horror movies? And vice versa.

Honestly? Yes, I would still play Warframe without and without many things in this game. Why you ask? Well, I find the parkour system incredibly well put together and I enjoy murdering enemies left and right which is always satisfying.

Speak for only yourself please, what you find fun in a game is entirely different from my perspective or really anyone else’s definition of how they see fun in a game.

3 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Honestly? Yes, I would still play Warframe without and without many things in this game. Why you ask? Well, I find the parkour system incredibly well put together and I enjoy murdering enemies left and right which is always satisfying.

Speak for only yourself please, what you find fun in a game is entirely different from my perspective or really anyone else’s definition of how they see fun in a game.

Well, good for you. I am a bit disinclined to believe you, but I'll take your word. Plus, I wonder just how long you'll stay in the game without the surrounding features.

It doesn't matter what I find fun in a game. The fact is, if you believe in psychology, that fun is nothing more than a general word for pleasant experiences that stems from countless underlying factors. Just like when you say that you love someone, it fails to grasp what exactly you are feeling for them. So you and I can both have fun with different things, but nobody who really wants to know why we do what we do would find that answer as satisfactory.

Edited by Tellakey

2 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

Have you joined and pledged a ton of money for a founder status because you were satisfied with the game as is, or did you pledge with the expectation of the game developing into something better? Because sure, I joined not too long after you, but I wouldn't have stayed here had the game remained in a development stasis.

I pledged the money I did because I was that satisfied with what I had played in the months preceding my purchase. I only commit money if I'm satisfied that what is available now will be worth it.

That the game has gotten significantly better over time is not particularly relevant to my purchase then, as I had no expectations.

5 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

You just implied that the entire concept of academia and university are moot because there is nothing more to reality if you don't overthink things.

What I mean is that people can miss the forest for the trees if they get too focused on categorising and defining enjoyment. I'm all for analysis and understanding, but I believe it is inherently flawed to speak in absolutes about something as subjective as fun.

8 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

I didn't say that you have to be aware of those deeper reasons, but come on, do you deny the entire premise of psychology?

Considering that psychology is a flawed scientific field to begin with, yes.

12 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I pledged the money I did because I was that satisfied with what I had played in the months preceding my purchase. I only commit money if I'm satisfied that what is available now will be worth it.

That the game has gotten significantly better over time is not particularly relevant to my purchase then, as I had no expectations.

So... do you just pledge to any free game you're satisfied with, even when there is no promise of it ever expanding? What if DE told you that pledging for a founder status will get you nothing? That the game is finished. That there is nothing more to be expected.

What I mean is that people can miss the forest for the trees if they get too focused on categorising and defining enjoyment. I'm all for analysis and understanding, but I believe it is inherently flawed to speak in absolutes about something as subjective as fun.

Fun can be subjective, but all humans share common things when they experience fun. There is an absolute here somewhere. That's beside the point, though.

What I mean to say is that people throw the word "fun" around as a reason for playing Frame Fighter. My wish is to explain that I don't play for the pure fun and neither do they, it's just that Frame Fighter might fill their niche of fun but not my own. Then they ask me "Well why do you play if you're not having fun and only want rewards?" and that's when the importance of the actual meaning of "fun" comes in. I do have fun, but they don't see my kind of fun as their kind of fun. When I speak of rewards they don't see it as fun. Therefore it's crucial we unfurl that mysterious word and perhaps replace it with something more specific.

Considering that psychology is a flawed scientific field to begin with, yes.

Welp, don't know what to tell you, then. Every scientific field is flawed in a way.

Edited by Tellakey

So... do you just pledge to any free game you're satisfied with, even when there is no promise of it ever expanding? What if DE told you that pledging for a founder status will get you nothing? That the game is finished. That there is nothing more to be expected.

Did I stutter?

I'm not sure how frame fighter works (I play on PS4), but wouldn't adding rewards to it attract very toxic/easily frustrated people, since it's basically PvP?

Tho I don't mind it not having any reward, I don't think it would be a good idea locking some exclusive reward behind, unless we're talking general items, like resources and rare resources, just like conclave.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Why would I not do so? If they've provided me with something I enjoy, it's only fair to pay them if I'm able.

Well, do you pledge a ton of money to anyone and anything that provides you with something you enjoyed? Whether it's free or not? Is it like a tip? 

Edited by Tellakey