Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hacked Account

Mesarthim

Hello,

My account was hacked a couple days ago so I made a ticket on digital extreme website here:

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com

but still didn't get any news, it's already been 3 days and I didn't even receive a message (auto or not) or saw anybody acknowledging I made a ticket and telling me it could take a couple days for them to work on it.

Is this normal? Did I make a ticket on the wrong website?

Thanks!

Edited by Mesarthim

4 minutes ago, Mesarthim said:

Anyway, I made a ticket on digital extreme website here:

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com

you did the right thing in reporting it to support - unfortunately you will just have to wait - it can take 2 weeks to get a resolution.

But it WILL get fixed.

Also you may want to remove the names in the post above - against name and shame rules 

for future - enable two factor authentication on your account via the account page on warframe.com

Edited by SilverRook

Edited.

So, 2 weeks? That takes a lot of time  😞 but thanks for warning me, I searched for how long it can take and didn't find anything on the subject and since it usually take 2 to 3 days on other games, I was wondering if there was an issue.

I enabled the authentication. I've been playing the game for years and I never got any issue and it happened all the sudden with a player I never met or never even heard about.

I wonder how he knew I had plat on my account and how he succeeded to strip me by making me offer him High Credit Roller.

2 minutes ago, SilverRook said:

Similar thing happened to me - i traded with someone thinking i was helping them out and they emptied nearly 900 plat from my account.

Guys in support looked into it and fixed it 

have faith - you'll get your stuff back 😉 

Tell me more,i do not get it. Was it charge back

First thing you may want to do (if you haven't done it yet) is changing your password (if possible). You don't want to allow the person who managed to access your account to come back on it.

It's also very possible that your hacker managed to access your account through a malware, so think about running some softwares that would clean your PC from those. You can try to run an antivirus scan, then run an antimalware software such as Malwarebytes afterwards.

Awwch, that hurts =/ Well, I got hurt worst as he stole over 5000 plat from me. (well, everything I had)

Thank you :)

And thanks for answering so quickly to me!

Edit: Thanks D20, gonna do that !

Edited by Mesarthim

Just now, MidoriFuse said:

Tell me more,i do not get it. Was it charge back

i have no idea - i was handing out free stuff one night cuz i had a 75% discount. i thought i had got a little too drunk and too gift happy.

so i asked support to look into it cuz i was sure i had more than 60 plat left ..... i just sent them the screenshots of the trades etc ( i kept them for posterity since people were saying nice things etc for me helping them out etc 🙂

turns out on of the players i had helped out returned the favour by stripping my account of plat.

i didn't ask how etc i was just glad get my plat back 🙂

unknown.png

This is good to read !

I already changed my password, activated the 2 steps auth. and created the ticket.

I just scanned my pc for any malware with AVG Internet Security and it says I'm clean.

Firewall is always up and even legal files are always scanned thoroughly, so that person didn't reach me through malwares which makes me feel a bit better about it.

19 minutes ago, Mesarthim said:

This is good to read !

I already changed my password, activated the 2 steps auth. and created the ticket.

I just scanned my pc for any malware with AVG Internet Security and it says I'm clean.

Firewall is always up and even legal files are always scanned thoroughly, so that person didn't reach me through malwares which makes me feel a bit better about it.

AVG internet security :^)))))
Literally using virus from czech republic to protect your computer.
You can not make this stuff up!

Make sure you do not use same password on more than one page and never click links you get in email.
I can name myself "Digital Extremes" and send you pretty legit email about your free platinum reward,you will give me all the log in information and even authent code.

Most people here with this issue just get black-out drunk and all it was is that they gave it away or paid too much.
If you sold something for lots of plat like riven for 5k plat it can also be charge back

I trade only with people over 10mastery level because it is less likely they would take ban just to scam me for one riven or prime set.
But you can never be completely safe from this.

I can easily recognize fake e-mails sent to me (as I used to work for a fraud department... so I'm more than careful when I get an e-mail and analyse every single bit of it) also I would never give any login information to anyone and I'm never clicking on anything which talks about giving free money, plat or anything.

If someone at DE would ask for my credentials, I wouldn't do it as if it is really DE, this is something they would already have access to.

I don't trade much and I never traded with low ranked ppl either.

When I logged in, I received an e-mail saying my high credit roller gift was accepted when I never traded or gifted high credit roller to anyone.

Especially the person who appeared on screen in that message was completely unknown to me.

Not sure how many of those high credit roller were gifted and if those were the ones which emptied my account but I do not see the point of the hacker to empty my account of plat to give himself credit? What can he do so important with about 10 millions credit?(90plat for a high credit roller which gives 175k credit) It's not even that much =/ If I was the hacker, I would have traded the plat rather than gifting credit, wouldn't you? Sounds like the hacker took a lot of risk for a very low reward. Or maybe he's just a troll to prove he can do it... Don't know !

I bought platin from a friend when I was starting warframe and the support mailed me that suspicious transactions where found on my account weeks later.. I made a ticket and I am now waiting. Does that also take two weeks and ... is that forbidden to get plat from a giveaway or a friend? I am worried... can I get banned for that? I dont think it's bad plat so it should be fine. Should I be worried?

15 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

I bought platin from a friend when I was starting warframe and the support mailed me that suspicious transactions where found on my account weeks later.. I made a ticket and I am now waiting. Does that also take two weeks and ... is that forbidden to get plat from a giveaway or a friend? I am worried... can I get banned for that? I dont think it's bad plat so it should be fine. Should I be worried?

Buying platinum from any source other than the DE website or an authorized seller (such as Steam) is an EULA violation and will result in all associated accounts being banned. 

16 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

Buying plat from a 'friend' is real money trading as is against the tos/eula so yes very ban worthy.  If you are buying plat then it needs to be from the official sources (warframe website or steam dlc).

Giveaways from youtube partnees / clan events are allowed as nothing is exchanged outside the game.

16 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

Buying plat from a 'friend' is real money trading as is against the tos/eula so yes very ban worthy.  If you are buying plat then it needs to be from the official sources (warframe website or steam dlc).

Giveaways from youtube partners / clan events are allowed as nothing is exchanged outside the game.

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Letter13:

Buying platinum from any source other than the DE website or an authorized seller (such as Steam) is an EULA violation and will result in all associated accounts being banned. 

So I am getting banned... good to know. Ok thanks for your help. There is nothing I can do to unbann me?

Hope you'll get unbanned DerGreif2, maybe send a request on the same website I used and wait 2 weeks as it was mentioned.

Maybe if you explain your issue correctly, they'll unban you with a warning not to do that ever again or something? It's worth a try anyway, you won't lose anything.

Especially if you spend money on a game and did something not meant to violate any rules (even if it did).

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Mesarthim:

Hope you'll get unbanned DerGreif2

I did that already. I mentioned my mistakes and I am not banned right now. I explained the support the hole issue and hope for a positive answer. I boughjt even the Vault pack and platin from DE after my mistakes... I got the message from the support that something was suspicous and now I am waiting...