Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun Riven mod

Caloss2

Question

Get 8 consecutive head-shots

While in an Archwing

On the plains

What sadist thought this up ?

Any tips ideas, x6 is the highest I've gotten before either missing one shot or getting shot out of the archwing and being reset.

I

22 answers to this question

1-Tigris

2- as much flight speed mods as you can get

3- aim for the head 

4- ???

5- profit 

Spoiler

in all seriousness, just use a sniper pistol like the arca scisco or the knell....or use the lex with zoom mods and flight speed mods to decrease the falloff dmg 

14 minutes ago, -Enigma said:

You guys are over complicating it.

Get a pocket shotgun, get -damage mods (eg pyrana prime with hollow point) or twin grakata with -damage and +fire rate

Shoot the eidolon head or a tough enemy's head

EZ

Hold up, lemme upload a clip of it.

It has to be 8 headshot KILLS in a row.

As for tactics:

• Itzal for the stealth, it helps GREATLY. Amesha is a decent alternative (due to pseudo-invincibility)
  • Use a sidearm with decent zoom (like Arca Scisco / Knell), and make sure to make them silent
  • Done? 😄
  • Don't be afraid to miss entirely (it won't break the combo), so make sure to aim high.
  • Try to deal with enemies standing still as your priority targets, it's harder to mess up on those

Edited by Azamagon

I had an almost identical requirement some time ago. I recall using the Itzal and cloaking (Amesha with watchful swarm and warding grace could work too) and used the Vectis or Rubico and primarily targeted the Ballista and Butchers (the Grineer snipers and cleavers) as they have exposed heads. Lancers and the sort have almost a hood protecting their heads from all but the front, making them harder to get those headshots on while in the air.

5 minutes ago, selimsrm said:

I had an almost identical requirement some time ago. I recall using the Itzal and cloaking (Amesha with watchful swarm and warding grace could work too) and used the Vectis or Rubico and primarily targeted the Ballista and Butchers (the Grineer snipers and cleavers) as they have exposed heads. Lancers and the sort have almost a hood protecting their heads from all but the front, making them harder to get those headshots on while in the air.

The title, he has to put the riven on a shotgun so he can't use sniper rifles

1 hour ago, Caloss2 said:

While in an Archwing

On the plains

Any tips ideas, x6 is the highest I've gotten before either missing one shot or getting shot out of the archwing and being reset.

I

You can make the Knell pistol, it has a scope, should make things easier. Just aim for ballistas, there usually are 2 per tower and they just patrol and stand still for a good 5-10 seconds.

Keep calm, relax, take your time, aim, blow their heads off

24 minutes ago, xPreViisionz said:

You can make the Knell pistol, it has a scope, should make things easier. Just aim for ballistas, there usually are 2 per tower and they just patrol and stand still for a good 5-10 seconds.

Keep calm, relax, take your time, aim, blow their heads off

Good plan, thanks !

15 minutes ago, xPreViisionz said:

The title, he has to put the riven on a shotgun so he can't use sniper rifles

Ah, right, I had forgotten that shotgun secondaries use pistol mods.

I would try the Lex Prime or Pandero in that case. Maybe a Tigris variant with Tainted Shell just to see.

And update to this, the riven will not equip or even show up on a knell

Only works on shotguns, with limited scope zoom, add in the bobbing around in an archwing and getting shot out of the archwing when you try to close the distance to targets, and the fact the counter resets anytime you miss and it's pretty much a useless riven 😕

I appreciate the advice and help folks thanks.

Edited by Caloss2

2 hours ago, Caloss2 said:

Only works on shotguns, with limited scope zoom, add in the bobbing around in an archwing and getting shot out of the archwing when you try to close the distance to targets, and the fact the counter resets anytime you miss and it's pretty much a useless riven 😕

Its a shotgun riven...

1. Equip a shotgun in your primary slot.

2. Equip the riven in that shotgun.

3. Equip a secondary that you want to use for headshots.

4. Get those headshots with your secondary.

5. Grofit.

2 hours ago, Caloss2 said:

You're supposed to put the unveiled SHOTGUN riven on a SHOTGUN, then it doesn't matter which way you get the headshots, just as long as you get them xd

On 2018-08-18 at 2:51 PM, Caloss2 said:

While in an Archwing

On the plains

I

Itzal with a vectis and be patient it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes but you have to place your shots or a lex any hit scan high dmg pistol works as well

Edited by (PS4)slauter24

It only counted kills and it only counted if the shot is with the shotgun. Killing any other way, even bleed out AOE's etc reset the counter.

Consecutive really meant consecutive with this one.

Finally cracked it though.

Loki, radial disarm, jump in archwing, stay at ground level pointblank to the face/repeat

Riven for weapon that's not so good... lol

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions, some really interesting and imaginative ideas there !

Cheers folks 😉

Edited by Caloss2

" Get 8 consecutive head-shots"

versus

"It only counted kills and it only counted if the shot is with the shotgun. Killing any other way, even bleed out AOE's etc reset the counter. 

Consecutive really meant consecutive with this one. "

Did you perhaps not quote the riven correctly in your OP?

The OP requirement does not require kills or a specific weapon.

The way you have described the completion suggests get 8 consecutive head-shot kills with a shotgun.

Glad to see you completed the challenge. Sad you were then trolled by RNG.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

Strange, the Lotus Alert shotgun riven I got had "Kill 9 enemies with headshots from at least 100 meters while remaining undetected". Lex Prime with a scope mod made this pretty simple, and the headshots absolutely counted despite not using the shotgun to do them.

Ballistas and landed Dargyn pilots are good because you can headshot them from any angle. I also made sure to enter the Plains with the 5-15 Bounty active so they'd spawn as low level as possible to guarantee death in one hit even on Eximus enemies.