Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I can't past the mastery 8 rank test

(XBOX)Nigthmaremoo

Question

19 answers to this question

I feel your pain. I really do. The Mastery rank 8 test is reason I quit Warframe a year ago - just couldn't get past that bugger. Then I got back in game recently and cleared it on day 3! Btw -  Which jump are you getting stuck on?

My advice: There are some great tutorials on YouTube on this test, quite a lot actually, study how they did it. Two things helped me clear it - the twirly spinning jump that your frame does when looking up and the slow-mo glide that extends your range in mid air. See how the YouTubers combo those two and when, for which jump. That study really helped me. 

Also - the last jump, unless your Banshee is seriously modded for jump distance, do not attempt to slow mo glide all the way to the end. Shoot the final target, make the last platform appear and aim to land on it. Take your time to set yourself up on the final platform then twirly doubly jump onto the final platform for the win! 

Go to a relay, on the first floor there is a large room with a Cephalon (suda?), on the right are all the mastery tests that you can use to practice to your heart's content without losing your three tries a day on the actual test. When you have the jumping down - then take the actual test. 

Sure - this may make you want to break your controller in half while you're at it, but I promise you - if a mediocre player like me can clear this test, you can too! Just hang in there and keep trying Tenno. 

As noted above, use Cephalon Simaris in any relay to practice the test! (got to relay -> use fast travel to jump to Simaris' room -> turn right and look for the active portal to allow you to practice that test)

There's also a "standing bullet jump" that gives you a load of extra height, but isn't well communicated in game.  I used it a lot to help me get through this test, and in the end it was only working out what size of jump I needed to hit the target platform that caused any failures (which the Simaris practice will help with).  To do this jump:

1. Crouch
  2. Look straight up or straight down (I prefer straight up, as it can be angled slightly)
  3. Jump

You'll fly into the air with more height than a normal double jump AND you can double jump at the apex, glide from it, etc - all good for getting you more height and thus distance, I found.

Lastly, you should be able to shoot the orbs without leaving the platform you're due to jump from - they do not need to be hit in the air (or did not when I completed this test a month or so ago, the PoE update might have changed this).

4 hours ago, XorianShadow said:

I passed this one easily im not sure why others are having a hard time, I do not recall the parkour being that crazy.

I had problems because was jumping too wide and going over the ledges. Especially when I went with Limbo because I thought speed is useful. It is not. Accuracy is. Also I had troubles with MR11 one.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

On 2023-07-21 at 5:13 AM, KawaiiDaJinx said:

The fact that i'm going thru this now in 2023 is sad! I'm so ready to uninstall. I do good in practice but always fail the last jump when it's the real thing. 

I am gonna tell you what to do step by step. I am deliberately using frost with 0,95 sprint speed with zero speed/manouvers mod attached.

Always stand on the edge of the preceeding platform, with more sprint/manouver you may need to stannd in middle instead.

1. Shoot. Double jump (Spacex2), immidiately glide (hold rmouse), land on the platform

2. Shoot. Single jump + glide is enough.

3. You see a platform in front of you, but also two more platforms above. Aim circa at those platforms and bullet jump (hold ctrl and press space+W). It should land you on the platform without needing to aimglide (but you can do it just to be safe).

4. Shoot. Aim at the edge of the platform or slightly higher. Bullet jump.

5. Shoot. Aim at the middle of the vertical platform and bullet jump and hold W. As soonn as you reach the platform start spamming space while still holding W.

6. Single or double jump are enough.

7. Shoot. Double jump (time your jumps sparingly to keep the elevation). Aim glide imidiately after. Adjust with holding and pulling rmouse to hit the platform.

8. Above last platform is a ceiling that kinda also looks like a platform. Aim at the horizontal line at this ceiling that is above the platform you are aiming to jump to. Bullet jump. Profit.

I made a short video, but I am camera shy so it may not be very smooth: 

https://streamable.com/pwmyi0

Edited by Zakkhar

22 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

I had problems because was jumping too wide and going over the ledges. Especially when I went with Limbo because I thought speed is useful. It is not. Accuracy is. Also I had troubles with MR11 one.

Ahh im used to this ive played a variety of parkour games.

7 minutes ago, XorianShadow said:

parkour games

Parkour games have a lot of animation mechanics that let you stick to the environment (scripts). WF does have some, but not for landing - if you jump too far you are pretty much screwed, because you cant just turn around in the air (like in Quake). 1 jump can be very different depending on the sprint speed and manouver mods equipped.

The game really need a better parkour tutorial. Even the hidden one in the codex is pretty lackluster. There's a TON about the game's movement that's not really conveyed to the player.

If you leave the ground without bullet jumping, you can bullet jump midair as your double jump. you can do a dodgeroll midair in any direction one time before contacting the ground (or a wall), you can use this to gain extra distance, momentum, or make corrections in your jump if you over or undershoot. walljumping or clinging will reset your double jump, bullet jump, and roll as if you had touched the ground. If you slide midair you lose less momentum to drag and doing this while aim gliding at the same time can get you some absolutely insane distance. Walljumping or sliding on the ground preserves your momentum better than landing on your feet does

You can use mele slam animation to land preciely where you want. and you can animation cancel out of the slam immediately after touching the ground with a dodge roll (You can cancel out of a lot of things with a roll). Tho unfortunately mele based movement doesnt apply to mastery test 8 because you dont get a mele weapon for some reason.

I think the game needs like, a parkour park or something for players to mess with the movement system and work out the fine details of it. Dojos have that prebuilt parkour course but clans rarely have it cus it's just such a ridiculously massive room and it's hard to fit in. It should be accessible in relays or something. It's kindof sad I've had to explain how just bullet jumping works to new players multiple times in game on a difficult tile.

Just a warning the stealth mastery tests are a lot harder because stealth in this game is ironically jank and inconsistent as hell. I've had enemies detect me while I was invisible, through a wall, in another room, 80 meters away from them.

The trick is to do a running start then you want to crouch which make you slide. Jumping from that position you will bullet jump...remember to aim glide shoot....and you will have an extra jump you can use before or after the aim glide. Of you are worried the aim glide will end you can use that jump to reset the glide time.   

As someone mentioned titania and zephyr can make it easier.  

Also modsike ones that extend the aim glide time or like the antigravity one.

Thats what i suggest.

oh and some weapons work better then others.  I think i used a high firing assault rifle. The Soma to be exact.  Though i think an ignis or a wide area weapon might work well.

i think i shot stuff from really far away as well.

Its been at least a year since i did that one, as i had to do it again for my xbox account.

good news is once you can do the jumps you should find areas in Jupiter fairly easy.

Hope this helps people

On 2023-07-23 at 10:26 PM, Zakkhar said:

Parkour games have a lot of animation mechanics that let you stick to the environment (scripts). WF does have some, but not for landing - if you jump too far you are pretty much screwed, because you cant just turn around in the air (like in Quake). 1 jump can be very different depending on the sprint speed and manouver mods equipped.

Yea dude I grew up on allot of old school games that don't have those mechanics either just glide if you need to I really didn't have a hard time with it hardly at all. Maybe your playing on the big TV and it's messing with you or maybe your screen is to small just some recommendations. Everything is kind of floaty in allot of games these days to.

My issue is with master rank 9 that one is annoying but I didn't do it with mods so next time I will.

Edited by XorianShadow

2 hours ago, XorianShadow said:

My issue is with master rank 9 that one is annoying but I didn't do it with mods so next time I will.

9 is the stealth execution one?

1. You do not need to do prompted execution (X) at all, you can just melee swing, slam or even slide swing. They are lvl 1 they would die from anything. Best melee weapon mods are a bit of range and lots of attack speed. Preferably also quick melees (so no hammers).

2. Abuse third person perspective to observe the enemy pathing from behind pillars. 

3. Learn the pathing/patrol routes and position of enemies. Practice the best order. Note that their cone of vision is invisible, but is pretty narrow and short. Their reaction time is not instant either. Notice what you failed on and learn on your mistakes.

Does not need any special weapons (ranged) or any mods (enemy radar). Although running it with Skiajati perk is pretty satisfying (speedrun):

https://streamable.com/j23fzo

Edited by Zakkhar

If you're as far Jupiter, then there's a Disruption Mission that is a good place to get some mobility mods:
Aero Vantage (Your Aim-Glide is 3 seconds by default, this makes it 5.7 seconds)
Motus Signal (x2 to your Double-Jump height)

And then this one is a little further, on a Sabotage mission within Uranus:
Patagium (Makes you float rather than descend while aim gliding)

All the way at the end of the Star Chart you can do Arbitration missions, which includes this awesome aura mod:
Aerodynamic (Much more powerful than Aero Vantage, adds a flat 6 seconds to your Aim-Glide)
EDIT - Wait, this is an Aura Mod! I've never tried this, but if everyone on the squad used this along with Aero Vantage and Coaction Drift, then everyone on the squad would have 37.44 second Aim-Glide durations and 78.2897% Damage-Reduction while floating.
EDIT2 - If you combined a full squad of Aerodynamic+Coaction with Borreal's Anguish and Borreal's Hatred, wouldn't that make everyone in the squad invulnerable? Has anyone tried this? It would look silly but basically you'd have a Crouching Tiger squad.

In my opinion these are all niche mods and I rarely build anything day-to-day with them, but I absolutely love having them for special circumstances (like MR Tests). If you're a Wisp main though then I would assume you'd like these mods even more.

Edited by (NSW)Probably_Asleep
Brainstorming

On 2023-07-23 at 12:48 AM, Zakkhar said:

I am gonna tell you what to do step by step. I am deliberately using frost with 0,95 sprint speed with zero speed/manouvers mod attached.

Always stand on the edge of the preceeding platform, with more sprint/manouver you may need to stannd in middle instead.

1. Shoot. Double jump (Spacex2), immidiately glide (hold rmouse), land on the platform

2. Shoot. Single jump + glide is enough.

3. You see a platform in front of you, but also two more platforms above. Aim circa at those platforms and bullet jump (hold ctrl and press space+W). It should land you on the platform without needing to aimglide (but you can do it just to be safe).

4. Shoot. Aim at the edge of the platform or slightly higher. Bullet jump.

5. Shoot. Aim at the middle of the vertical platform and bullet jump and hold W. As soonn as you reach the platform start spamming space while still holding W.

6. Single or double jump are enough.

7. Shoot. Double jump (time your jumps sparingly to keep the elevation). Aim glide imidiately after. Adjust with holding and pulling rmouse to hit the platform.

8. Above last platform is a ceiling that kinda also looks like a platform. Aim at the horizontal line at this ceiling that is above the platform you are aiming to jump to. Bullet jump. Profit.

I made a short video, but I am camera shy so it may not be very smooth: 

https://streamable.com/pwmyi0

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks passed it!