Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy 2.0 On Europa

fatredbird2

I know I'm probably alone on this, but I really like the Corpus Europa tileset and I also love spy 2.0 missions. I wish that the Spy 2.0 missions could take place in the crashed ships. I mean, it is possible, right? Just be running down a broken hallway and then enter the spy vault, which could be damaged itself but would likely be untouched.

It just seems like a cool idea to play around with. I don't know how workable it actually is, but I would love to see Spy 2.0 on the Corpus Ice Planet Tileset.

I know I'm probably alone on this, but I really like the Corpus Europa tileset and I also love spy 2.0 missions. I wish that the Spy 2.0 missions could take place in the crashed ships. I mean, it is possible, right? Just be running down a broken hallway and then enter the spy vault, which could be damaged itself but would likely be untouched.

It just seems like a cool idea to play around with. I don't know how workable it actually is, but I would love to see Spy 2.0 on the Corpus Ice Planet Tileset.

It's totally workable with the existing tiles, and changing one of the Corpus ship spy nodes on Europa to the ice planet tileset will add more variation to the current collection of Corpus spy missions.  Thanks for your feedback, keep a look out for changes on Europa - Valac in a future update!

It's totally workable with the existing tiles, and changing one of the Corpus ship spy nodes on Europa to the ice planet tileset will add more variation to the current collection of Corpus spy missions.  Thanks for your feedback, keep a look out for changes on Europa - Valac in a future update!

What is the possibility of adding nodes to some of the other planets with Corpus spy missions as an alternative to replacing a ship based spy node?

What is the possibility of adding nodes to some of the other planets with Corpus spy missions as an alternative to replacing a ship based spy node?

Adding more nodes dilutes the pool of players available to form coop squads. Changing or removing duplicates on the other hand tends to concentrate the pool of available players who want to play the same mission (think of how easy it is to find a squad for an alert vs any node in the outer planets). Currently there are two almost identical Corpus ship nodes on Europa, the only difference is enemy levels (21-23 or 23-25), there's little reason for a player to pick one over the other.

There are some major star chart changes coming, for now it seems best to work with existing nodes, there are a lot!

Adding more nodes dilutes the pool of players available to form coop squads. Changing or removing duplicates on the other hand tends to concentrate the pool of available players who want to play the same mission (think of how easy it is to find a squad for an alert vs any node in the outer planets). Currently there are two almost identical Corpus ship nodes on Europa, the only difference is enemy levels (21-23 or 23-25), there's little reason for a player to pick one over the other.

There are some major star chart changes coming, for now it seems best to work with existing nodes, there are a lot!

Would you like to give us a tiny hint as to those changes?

Would you like to give us a tiny hint as to those changes?

They've said a couple times that their intention is to do a couple things:

1. Reduce the grind (we all know this is a lie but it's a politician's lie - they make campaign promises to sate us now and won't follow up later).

2. Reduce the overall number of nodes (a couple ways I could envision for this: Reduce all planets to just be 1 node per mission type available, or some sort of rotating system like what I've heard they're considering. Though that was secondhand knowledge so I'm not confident).

1. Reduce the grind (we all know this is a lie but it's a politician's lie - they make campaign promises to sate us now and won't follow up later).

2. Reduce the overall number of nodes (a couple ways I could envision for this: Reduce all planets to just be 1 node per mission type available, or some sort of rotating system like what I've heard they're considering. Though that was secondhand knowledge so I'm not confident).

True, but that doesn't say much. In the last stream they said there would be 20 nodes, but I really don't know how that would work and I'm wondering if there's more to it.

I think something like a selection based mission screen is coming. Like tileset (connected to a planet for example, like Earth, Jupiter, Phobos, etc.) + mission type + enemy level + modifiers (nightmare, etc.). But it's just a thought.

Mr Whirrrr, we are very worried about the star chart changes! Can we have some more info before release? Will we have the chance to give feedback on it or something? This topic is huge & it would be a shame not to get some previews and discuss it with you devs!!

Man, this is a hard subject.  We need to get the answers from D.E. ... No player has a clear view of this thing, and if it isn't well done, we'd lose a lot of beginners on the way. (and nostalgic veterans too). We need to know...

Proof that the subject is already controversial :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/449049-253-nodes-on-the-star-map-to-20/

Edited by unknow99

• 2 weeks later...