The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Underwater Archwing

BirdOfSong

Alriiiiggghhhtttt. Going to throw something out here as the "Sharkwing" hypetrain continues to form.

Uranus is a Gas Giant/Ice Giant planet, making any sort of liquid water nigh imposible to form on the planet. One can use multiple facts to argue against this. I understand it is a game, but certain things cannot be overlooked. 

The outer atmosphere is at a withstandable temprature and barometric pressure. However it lacks any sort of a substance that can be defined as "water"

The closer you get to the core the lower the temprature goes and the higher the pressure becomes. Anything (Space Stations) placed deeper then the outer atmosphere or troposphere would be frozen or torn apart. Telling me that LIQUID water can exist on uranus is silly. 

"But what if the grineer heat up the planet?" Is a question I was asked in teamspeak. Well, if they heat up the planet then it could become a "Jupiter" causing water to evaporate. 

I'm still trying to figure out the connection of the thread title to the actual content. You're making this hard for me.

On the topic, I'm no physiologic or astrologic or any of those logic things, yet, the ingame technology is far advanced to ours, so hey could have been able to either find out a way to get liquid substance or the Planet "natural" composition has changed/morphed drastically from the real one.

Edited by Endrance

Alriiiiggghhhtttt. Going to throw something out here as the "Sharkwing" hypetrain continues to form.

Uranus is a Gas Giant/Ice Giant planet, making any sort of liquid water nigh imposible to form on the planet. One can use multiple facts to argue against this. I understand it is a game, but certain things cannot be overlooked.

The outer atmosphere is at a withstandable temprature and barometric pressure. However it lacks any sort of a substance that can be defined as "water"

The closer you get to the core the lower the temprature goes and the higher the pressure becomes. Anything (Space Stations) placed deeper then the outer atmosphere or troposphere would be frozen or torn apart. Telling me that LIQUID water can exist on uranus is silly.

"But what if the grineer heat up the planet?" Is a question I was asked in teamspeak. Well, if they heat up the planet then it could become a "Jupiter" causing water to evaporate.

You said it yourself, this is a game. If you apply logic to it, our game wouldn't even exist. Besides, it's a gas giant anyway. Nothing would exist on any of our four Jovians... But then we wouldn't have the different tilesets we do now if this case were applied in the game.

Also, this is supposedly many millenia if not more in the future, space changes. Planets change.

It's rather aggrivating when people try to apply logic to a video game.

Edited by WingedCrusade

You said it yourself, this is a game. If you apply logic to it, our game wouldn't even exist. Besides, it's a gas giant anyway. Nothing would exist on any of our four Jovians... But then we wouldn't have the different tilesets we do now if this case were applied in the game.

Also, this is supposedly many millenia if not more in the future, space changes. Planets change.

It's rather aggrivating when people try to apply logic to a video game.

Its aggravating when SIMPLE logic is not followed. I understand complex logic not being applied all day. 

Orokin Terraforming.  Near as I can figure, the Orokin Empire Terraformed just about every planet and planetoid in the Solar System before their fall.

Ahem...cough...cough

http://www.universetoday.com/736/are-there-oceans-on-neptune/

From 2006... and yes there is liquids in gas/ice giants....its the crushing pressures that would be the bigger issue.

http://www.universetoday.com/19309/water-on-uranus/ ...2008

http://m.space.com/18706-uranus-composition.html ...2012

Edited by (XB1)FondestMist

Maybe it's on a moon, not specifically Uranus? (I haven't read the article yet, so I don't the specifics)

EDIT: Read part of it, here's a direct quote: "Our upcoming Underwater Tileset provides a small glimpse behind the veil of Grineer industry, hidden away in Uranus' vast ocean of helium, methane and ammonia."

None of those are hydrogen.

Edited by (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly

Its aggravating when SIMPLE logic is not followed. I understand complex logic not being applied all day. 

Simple? Go ask random strangers if they even know what our galaxy is called. Your term of simple isn't common knowledge, it's YOUR knowledge.

And I'm not kidding. You can go ask random strangers, and more than likely, there WILL be plenty of them that won't know. This has been done before, on 60 Minutes. It's sad, actually.

Anyhow, it'd be like asking somebody in Middle or Junior Highschool if they know what the difference is between a Terrestrial or Jovian planet is, and expecting them to give a college-grade answer, let alone know.

Edited by WingedCrusade

There's some belief that there's an ocean of ammonia beneath Uranus' atmosphere. It's also technically an ice giant rather than a gas giant - being made of ice crystals and particles rather that actual gasses, lending credibility to the idea that it could have water.

This is also a sci fi universe, and while DE does inject levels of realism the fact of the matter is that fiction need only be consistent in its own universe to be actuality - ergo, Jupiter Rising's civilization on Jupiter. 

Didn't they say it's not technically a liquid water ocean we're going to be swimming in?

Swimming in liquid hydrogen oceans on Uranus, -200 Celsius and 100-1000 times Earth atmospheric pressure.

If a human tried to dive into that he'd instantly freeze and shatter into a thousand pieces.

Swimming in liquid hydrogen oceans on Uranus, -200 Celsius and 100-1000 times Earth atmospheric pressure.

If a human tried to dive into that he'd instantly freeze and shatter into a thousand pieces.

Good thing we're more than human.

And its a good thing this is a far-future sci fi universe where the kind of technology to allow for that sort of thing can be said to exist.

Edited by Morec0