Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn: Venomous Blossom (Helmetless Tenno Fan Art)

Casardis

Lore

On rare occasions, the body of Saryn-type Tenno undergo a painful, natural mutation. During this once-upon-a-lifetime process, the physical changes appear similar to that of the first Tenno, but when they survive, the metallic crusts are fragmented in a fashion reminiscent of scales.

This Tenno of metallic scales was as respected as she was feared among her kin because of her piercing glare and strong killing intent. However, as one who's mastered both her innate strength and Warframe, she helps other disciples with their own difficulties, surprisingly with care.

Her latest disciple is a certain Trinity whose own powers seem to be destroying herself.

SnpB7ix.jpg

Similarly to my Trinity Tenno, this is how I depict my Saryn Tenno. I tried to stray a bit from the more glamorous look she's usually attributed to, while keeping certain aspects of it (such as her dark eyeshadows and her scales almost making a mask-like shape).

More info below the break.

I took inspiration from the reptilian aspect from her powers, while referencing certain color aesthetics of Hayden's mutation for the scales (see Dark Sector for reference).

Her Warframe seems to be inspired by poisonous plants/fungi, so the color scheme I gave her armor reflects that a bit, while having the idea of a snake-like appearance underneath. As for the sparks, the energy color I gave her kind of makes her powers a bit fire-like, which I love. Since Contagion and Miasma also create those sparks, I thought of adding them here.

I hope you guys like it! If I get to draw another one, it will most likely be my friend's Rhino and Banshee (separate portraits of course).
If you're interested, you can also look at my helmetless Trinity fan art which I linked in the backstory above.

Saryn-GIF_zps954a67f1.gif

EDIT: Added line and base color art per MessoR's request, under the break.

Saryncopy_zps35cecdac.jpg

Saryncopybase_zps18a617c0.jpg

Edited by Casardis

Thank you all for your kind words. I really appreciate it~

I've been all over the forums and never have I seen fan art that actually looks like it could be Saryn. I have found that fan art.

That's quite the compliment, thanks. Though I'm sure there are some others around for you (whether it's on the forums or not)

I dig the backstory and the art, saw your trinity the other day and got the reference as soon as I read it. good stuff

that saryn is one good-looking tenno, scaly skin and all. and my saryn has a similar color scheme, just seems like a fitting combo

I think the organic, plant-like color schemes go well with Saryn, especially with Hemlock helmet!

EYgpTwa.jpg

Your work is beautiful! I love the way you handle the eyes in both your artworks so far! Do you have any plans to do Banshee or another of the female frames?

Since I'm in the middle of finals (I shouldn't be drawing this XD), I don't have any plans yet. However, after that, I will most likely continue this. I'm not sure which female Warframe/Tenno to draw next yet after Rhino, but Banshee's pretty high in my likings; it will either be her or Nova.

Thanks for the comments!

Dunno why, but I like 2-3 pics in GIF more than final one.

Can you post them too plz?

Probably has to do with the shading. It affects how the lines were initially showing the shapes and volume. For example, I like it a lot when lips aren't defined (just a few lines in black and white), but when colored/shaded, I give lip details; same thing for noses. It could be you prefer those pre-shaded aspects like I do.

I added the pictures you requested. It's under the spoiler tag at the end of the opening post. ^^

Edited by Casardis

I had some thoughts and I think I have a bit more inspiration for a next female helmetless Tenno instead of Rhino (though he's among the priorities).

So as an official confirmation, next drawing will be Banshee.

Edited by Casardis