Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Why Is The Braton Prime So Bad Still?

AttackNitro

Considering its equally as hard to obtain as the other prime weapons (latron prime and boltor prime) which have massively better stats than their tenno counterparts. Why is the braton prime so weak?

Just for comparison;

Latron damage: 54

Latron Prime damage: 84

Thats a 55% damage increase.

Boltor damage: 25

Boltor Prime damage: 55

Thats a 120% damage increase.

Braton  damage: 20

Braton Prime damage: 25

Thats a mere 25% damage increase.

If the Braton Prime got the "Boltor Prime treatment":

Impact:              14.5

Puncture:          14.5

Slash:                15

Total:                 44

This really bothers my booty.

Well, I can't say much since I've only leveled it to level six... but where I've leveled it so far (Cambria, Earth, I think), it held up nicely.

I'll be disappointed if it doesn't handle higher level content as well. I like the sound and design of the weapon a lot. Especially the sound, omg. *drools*

Is the Braton Prime bad, or is the Boltor Prime just ludicrously good?

But yeah, seeing as everyone would have a hissy-fit if they dared touch the Boltor Prime's damage, probably best they bring the Braton Prime up to par. Just as long as we get that consistency with Prime weapon strength vs. standard weapon strength.

P.S. Am I the only one who feels like the Sicarus Prime could use a buff too? I'm not sure if there's a damage increase at all, and if there is it's really not much.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Rapt0rman reporting for duty, always ready to +1 a request to buff the braton prime.

@OP: the braton Prime is a primed version of the MK1, not the standard braton AFAIK.

I don't think it was intended to be the mk1 braton prime (other then the I/P/S proportions being the same (but the braton vandal has similar stats too)), but it sure might as well be.

There's two realms of balance.   There's everything on the solar map up to level 40 (end game),  and then there's endless defense/survival (post end game).

Braton Prime is viable to end game. It's not the best weapon in existence, but it does the job. I've got 4 forma on mine. It is a fearsomely accurate weapon that can core heads and do light sniping without a problem.

It is not viable in post end game, when enemies get to level 70, 100, or more, with ludicrous quantities of health and armor. The base DPS and ammo efficiency is just not there.  But then....  there's almost no weapons (or frames) that really do well at that level and the question we need to be asking, is DE responsible for balance in post end game?

It just really annoys me how in warframe, a weapon being hard to craft / obtain has literally no correlation with how good or bad it is.

It really does feel like DE_Scott just mashes random keys on his keyboard when it comes to balancing.

Maybe it's hard to type correctly when your fingers are covered in grease...

Guest Shibboleet

Braton prime is good enough to kill any level of npc in the game. If anything, weapon strength should be toned down.

it is good, not an amprex/synapse/soma, but a solid contender against the Boltor/Flux range - slightly under the aforementioned guns which are the best..  Boltor is deceptive, powerful for sure, but no status or crits, the braton can be very goon in the balance - I love mine even if I do reach for the Latron P. a lot. . .she is so reliable that shooter!. 

I believe it should be less about how viable the Braton Prime is compared to how inconsistent DE is about the Prime.

- Latron Prime is a direct super upgrade of Latron

- Boltor Prime is a direct super upgrade of Boltor

- Burston Prime is a direct super upgrade of Burston (mostly because Burston is plain bad)

- Rhino Prime, the one frame who didn't need any kind of buffs whatsoever, has a speed upgrade that's beneficial for him precisely because he's a Rhino. Also got one more polarity and one switch.

but then you have stuff like

- Braton Prime (not even much of an upgrade)

- Akbronco Prime (in a very weird place, this one; hard to call it a buff, but I kind of like their intention?)

- Ember Prime who doesn't have any upgrades, and doesn't even get an extra polarity, even though she suffered a lot from losing Overheat

I personally am not asking for a buff directly. I'm asking DE to be CONSISTENT.

And right now, to be consistent, Braton Prime needs a buff.

Edited by Casardis

Guest Shibboleet

I believe it should be less about how viable the Braton Prime is compared to how inconsistent DE is about the Prime.

- Latron Prime is a direct super upgrade of Latron

- Boltor Prime is a direct super upgrade of Boltor

- Burston Prime is a direct super upgrade of Burston (mostly because Burston is plain bad)

- Rhino Prime, the one frame who didn't need any kind of buffs whatsoever, has a speed upgrade that's beneficial for him precisely because he's a Rhino. Also got one more polarity and one switch.

but then you have stuff like

- Braton Prime (not even much of an upgrade)

- Akbronco Prime (in a very weird place, this one; hard to call it a buff, but I kind of like their intention?)

- Ember Prime who doesn't have any upgrades, and doesn't even get an extra polarity, even though she suffered a lot from losing Overheat

I personally am not asking for a buff directly. I'm asking DE to be CONSISTENT.

And right now, to be consistent, Braton Prime needs a buff.

Or others could be brought down.

Or others could be brought down.

That could happen but it's also a dangerous big change to do, compared to a single weapon buff. The current "consistent" thing going on is that Prime are direct super upgrades for the most part, so following that logic, "consistent" would be to buff Prime that aren't super upgrades.

Maybe after consistency is established, considerations of how they should all be balanced together to keep that consistency could be done, such as a massive nerf (and lots of crying).

I would like to see a bit of a damage balance on the prime gear, but I've also got a question, with the braton being a retired Corpus rifle why is there a prime version in the first place? Random lore question yeah, but overall i think it's a bit lacking as a prime weapon compared to the other prime rifles.

Guest Shibboleet

That could happen but it's also a dangerous big change to do, compared to a single weapon buff. The current "consistent" thing going on is that Prime are direct super upgrades for the most part, so following that logic, "consistent" would be to buff Prime that aren't super upgrades.

Maybe after consistency is established, considerations of how they should all be balanced together to keep that consistency could be done, such as a massive nerf (and lots of crying).

You brought up 4 examples that were buffs, and 3 that were sidegrades. Not really consistent either way.

You brought up 4 examples that were buffs, and 3 that were sidegrades. Not really consistent either way.

I brought up examples to prove a point. I could continue by including Sicarus, Orthos, Paris, Ankyros and Lex Prime, all of which are direct upgrades of their original one (Lex Prime, besides having less magazine, is a direct upgrade to Aklex, not even Lex, which is even more crazy). So there's much more direct upgrades than not (most direct upgrades are done much more recently too).

They aren't consistent, yes, but they are being more consistent with Prime buffs lately (except Akbronco Prime).

I would like to see a bit of a damage balance on the prime gear, but I've also got a question, with the braton being a retired Corpus rifle why is there a prime version in the first place? Random lore question yeah, but overall i think it's a bit lacking as a prime weapon compared to the other prime rifles.

Corpus are fanatics of technologies, which is why they salvage lots of them. They also worship the Orokin like they're gods. If you look at their technology, you can see how they clearly reverse-engineered many things from the Orokin. Here are a few I can quickly give:

- Orokin Deathorbs laser --> Flux Rifle and Fusion MOA laser

- Orokin shockwave orbs --> Shockwave MOA & Jackal

- Orokin sentry guns --> Fusion MOA drone automatic rifle

- Warframes --> Zanuka (and possibly Hyena)

It's likely the Braton was a rifle based on the Braton Prime. After noticing the versatility of the Orokin assault rifle, they made a mass-produced rifle of their own based on it. That's why all Tenno are really familiar with even the Corpus-manufactured Braton (according to description).

The question is: is there a Tenno Braton? If there is, where is it? Will it ever see the light of day? Probably not since we have millions of Braton already, though they could change regular Braton's skin into a Tenno-version, while the MK-1 would be the Corpus Manufactured version.

Edited by Casardis