June 6Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Major issue that was really marketed on melee 2.0 and still is a topic of the past but never addressed is Glaive/Prime. The charge attack doesn't add to the combo counter thus there is no ability to improve the charge attack base damage by any means which makes this weapon useless. Glaive went from one of the most useful melee weapons and fun to use to just sheer frustration and trash.

Major issue that was really marketed on melee 2.0 and still is a topic of the past but never addressed is Glaive/Prime. The charge attack doesn't add to the combo counter thus there is no ability to improve the charge attack base damage by any means which makes this weapon useless. Glaive went from one of the most useful melee weapons and fun to use to just sheer frustration and trash.

Well, it's still good. They just need to remove the requirement to swing the glaive before you can throw it. And they can really add a Hold Melee Button combo to every single weapon that will make them perform the same way they did in Melee 2.0.

A simple answer on just how far this exclusivity extends determines whether it's even possible to have dual variants of the lato prime and skana prime as an option.

Exclusivity does not necessarily extend to variants, but I realise (and players have told me) that those variants could/would feel like a sneaky way to get around exclusivity.

If you don't care about the two weapons given, then why would we?  I barely use my Skana Prime, and I didn't care for the Lato (hence why I'm not a grand master).  You're right, Excalibur IS the face of Warframe, but that also means those who helped found it should get to display a (albeit subjectively) better version of it.  Not only that, but if Lato/Skana are the two things players may not find worth keeping, then why take away the one thing that (in some players' minds) was worth the money spent on being a founder?

As Naith said, DE has said before and has continued to (dance around the fact, but still) say that they will not be releasing Founder's exclusive items to the public.  It was part of what players paid for, exclusive gear.  You turn back on that, and you're turning down a written agreement that you have made with your playerbase.  As much as some players may or may not want these to be released, they can't and they won't.

i agree as founders and purchasers of the founders pack you deserve to have exclusive items. through your efforts and contributions this game was able to get a nice start. it would be nice to have a statue of excalibur prime instead of the loki in the dojo but i do get it. de has stated they will not rerelease founders exclusive items and i understand that. it would be nice though to get a chance to get the base model of some of the weapons that cant be aquired cause the game wasnt released yet for the ps4. i would like to see a machete and snipetron become available again. or at least modify the codex for the ps4 group to not display weapons we will never obtain.

Exclusivity does not necessarily extend to variants, but I realise (and players have told me) that those variants could/would feel like a sneaky way to get around exclusivity.

i believe the founders deserve the versions they have and even a variant should not be added as to it seems to take advantage of a loop hole. as a ps4 player i accept that we wont see those and i understand but is there any chance of another smaller event or maybe adding the base versions of weapons

back to possibly an alert like the machete or snipetron.

i agree as founders and purchasers of the founders pack you deserve to have exclusive items. through your efforts and contributions this game was able to get a nice start. it would be nice to have a statue of excalibur prime instead of the loki in the dojo but i do get it. de has stated they will not rerelease founders exclusive items and i understand that. it would be nice though to get a chance to get the base model of some of the weapons that cant be aquired cause the game wasnt released yet for the ps4. i would like to see a machete and snipetron become available again. or at least modify the codex for the ps4 group to not display weapons we will never obtain.

Didn't they do that?  Remove what you can't get on the PS4?  I can't remember if they pushed that yet or not, but I do remember that being mentioned somewhere.  Also, I believe in terms of the Snipetron, Machete, etc. that those will have a higher chance of returning at some point in the future.  But again, I don't have any hard evidence at this time, just from what I remember being said in past dev streams and conversations with the team.

Well, it's still good. They just need to remove the requirement to swing the glaive before you can throw it. And they can really add a Hold Melee Button combo to every single weapon that will make them perform the same way they did in Melee 2.0.

What are you smoking....? Are you serious? No glaive/prime sucks from what it used to be able to do and it was fun then. No I dont want to have to stand there for a minute to charge it either....sigh.

What are you smoking....? Are you serious? No glaive/prime sucks from what it used to be able to do and it was fun then. No I dont want to have to stand there for a minute to charge it either....sigh.

Um, if you don't equip it, and you run around with your primary or secondary out, and you use quick melee, it will perform the exact same way it did under Melee 1.0. It doesn't take a minute to charge it, and changing that particular combo so that you can just hold melee to throw it instead of swinging it first would allow you to use it the same way you can with quick melee/melee 1.0, except you won't be constantly re-equipping your primary or secondary weapon. I'm using the Glaive Prime right now. I'm not smoking anything.

I really think it would be prudent towards DE to set their stance on this quite clearly.

In the past, things left open to interpretation have been taken and ran with.

For example. I imagine as I write this, there are others writing "Well, sneaky doesn't mean they definitely won't do it".

A lot of founders, myself included would feel it a betrayal if the items which were advertised to us, in cosmetic form or otherwise we re-released, be it in the form of variants or otherwise. And if this did come to pass, would actively seek a refund for DE breaking their promise of exclusivity.

Thus, I suggest for peace of mind, DE set their stance clear.

Like Antoine said, It's way better now.  You don't need to even bother with melee combos.  The normal throw when you have your primary out is about as fast as it used to be with full charge speed mods.  With the conversion of those mods to channel mods, we've got space for whirlwind and some damage mods that weren't necessarily worth it before.  And then on top of that post melee 2.0, power throw adds an AOE to the last thing the glaive hits.  Glaive easily got one of the biggest buffs of melee 2.0 :|

Edited by Aggh

So much talk on exclusive content compared to anything else. I may as well drop my two cents.

I understand things within the original founder's package such as Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime should stay exclusive to the pack they were sold in, sure. However, DE recognizes that new players have violent reactions to being completely restricted from obtaining the event mods, as well as event weapons. The mods are invaluable, and some of the weapons are still unbeatable by any other comparison in the game.

As I see an endless heap of founders come in here, they must also understand they're not the only paying customers here. The new players are very discouraged when they eventually research the game far enough to see heaps of content that's not obtainable in the game, and would like the chance to buy or earn it. I've joined this game just to play with at least a dozen friends, who've all quit when they realized they were irrevocably behind. Now they refer to this game as the game that shot itself in the head during that first week of November last year, and kept slitting its wrists monthly after. The player bleedout is becoming obvious. Count how many new players are participating in this thread compared to founders. Games wither and die when no new players enter.

We need a new player incentive. Founders have all the reason in the world to stay, but new players seem to have so much against them, they just up and quit, and leave bad reviews in their wake. I want to see this game become a great game that keeps growing, but excessive inequality in the player base causes too many arguments, and the result is an increasingly hostile, stale community that puts more stress against the game devs, with seemingly little constructive discussion. Many games have exclusive content, but it must be balanced before the game is left with a shrinking exclusive player base. I've never heard of a top-tier video game title that had increasing amounts of exclusive content that mattered to gameplay so greatly.

In short, the Founder's package is Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime. That's it. Everything else is fair game to be implemented again, for certain. As for community aspect, the Design Council is full of founders, so the new player experience is largely neglected in that circle. Not so much talk about improving the overall game compared to talk about expanding the "end" of the game.

Conversely, regardless of whether or not the content resurfaces, microtransactions are tolerable where they are. Please don't release premium content other than mild shortcuts (forma, boosters). It's not a problem in Warframe yet, but it's a more common problem which plagues other games, and some Warframe players have come from such games hoping to escape the nature of pay-to-win/buy-or-die policy.

Edited by MechaKnight

Like Antoine said, It's way better now.  You don't need to even bother with melee combos.  The normal throw when you have your primary out is about as fast as it used to be with full charge speed mods.  With the conversion of those mods to channel mods, we've got space for whirlwind and some damage mods that weren't necessarily worth it before.  And then on top of that post melee 2.0, power throw adds an AOE to the last thing the glaive hits.  Glaive easily got one of the biggest buffs of melee 2.0 :|

You definitely missed the point, and all this I clearly already know. IT doesn't add to the combo counter (to throw the weapon) you can't break a combo to use the damage multiplier to your advantage (to throw the weapon)...That needs to be changed. XD

Edited by BloodArmoredApostle

You definitely missed the point, and all this I clearly already know. IT doesn't add to the combo counter (to throw the weapon) you can't break a combo to use the damage multiplier to your advantage (to throw the weapon)...That needs to be changed. XD

Who cares?  It kills stuff plenty good without that.  None of the combos are really worth wasting time on.

So much talk on exclusive content compared to anything else. I may as well drop my two cents.

I understand things within the original founder's package such as Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime should stay exclusive to the pack they were sold in, sure. However, DE recognizes that new players have violent reactions to being completely restricted from obtaining the event mods, as well as event weapons. The mods are invaluable, and some of the weapons are still unbeatable by any other comparison in the game.

As I see an endless heap of founders come in here, they must also understand they're not the only paying customers here. The new players are very discouraged when they eventually research the game far enough to see heaps of content that's not obtainable in the game, and would like the chance to buy or earn it. I've joined this game just to play with at least a dozen friends, who've all quit when they realized they were irrevocably behind. Now they refer to this game as the game that shot itself in the head during that first week of November last year, and kept slitting its wrists monthly after. The player bleedout is becoming obvious. Count how many new players are participating in this thread compared to founders. Games wither and die when no new players enter.

We need a new player incentive. Founders have all the reason in the world to stay, but new players seem to have so much against them, they just up and quit, and leave bad reviews in their wake. I want to see this game become a great game that keeps growing, but excessive inequality in the player base causes too many arguments, and the result is an increasingly hostile, stale community that puts more stress against the game devs, with seemingly little constructive discussion. Many games have exclusive content, but it must be balanced before the game is left with a shrinking exclusive player base. I've never heard of a top-tier video game title that had increasing amounts of exclusive content that mattered to gameplay so greatly.

In short, the Founder's package is Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime. That's it. Everything else is fair game to be implemented again, for certain. As for community aspect, the Design Council is full of founders, so the new player experience is largely neglected in that circle. Not so much talk about improving the overall game compared to talk about expanding the "end" of the game.

Conversely, regardless of whether or not the content resurfaces, microtransactions are tolerable where they are. Please don't release premium content other than mild shortcuts (forma, boosters). It's not a problem in Warframe yet, but it's a more common problem which plagues other games, and some Warframe players have come from such games hoping to escape the nature of pay-to-win/buy-or-die policy.

it seems to me that you are missing the point that for a vast majority of us founders the only things we are saying shouldn't be re-released are the founders items.

Event rewards? if De wanna re-release them then they can go ahead

To put things in perspective I personally wouldn't really mind if they did make the founders stuff available again but when people keep asking and demanding that it be given out again after being told no

That's when i start to say well screw you if you cannot accept no for an answer

Then just to prove a point DE should never release the founders gear again simply because of the sheer attitude of Self entitlement some people are displaying as though they deserve whatever they want no matter what it is or what the reasoning behind its non availability is

My 2 cents:

I just want the Cicero mods. Keep the founder exclusive stuff the way it is, but make previous event awards obtainable again. Maybe by an event, that is directly aimed at old event rewards and you can only get 1 set of awards via your choice of mission, and you can only get what you dont have yet.

Irrevocably behind? What are you talking about? Other than the Founders exclusives, the Braton and Lato vandals (Closed beta exclusives), and the Dex Furis (Anniversary exclusive) then you're only missing out on the Snipetron Vandal, Strun Wraith and Twin vipers wraith. And there are far better alternatives. There are no other event weapons in the game that are exclusive. The Brakk/Detron can be gotten from the Grustrag 3 and Harvester. They'll release the mods down the road as they always do. They've brought the Snipetron back before, no doubt they'll do that for it and other weapons again at some point. Honestly You're missing out on maybe 4-5 weapons that, even for new players, aren't that great. I recently started a new account for the purposes of recording a little guide for newer players and posting on here to try and help, as I realize that it's a daunting task picking this game up for the first time now, but weapon choice isn't the problem. Enemy scaling and difficulty along with the fact that you can and will be placed with maxed rank players if you decide not to solo, that's the problem.

Edited by Critter

Exclusives Gear

As for the second part, there was an even that rewarded players with Primed chamber and the like kind of mods. I purposedly skipped that event plain because I didn't want to obtain exclusive mods that are too powerful. If they are accessible normally (albeit hard to get) it's fine - but if they are only for the chosen few and make the game so much easier... I don't want them. It feels like cheating or getting the favorable treatment because I was there for the event.

So I would make these mods accessible in some form - at least through transmutation. Also make transumtation less random: rare cards should only yield rare card, also used polarity should give 25% for the same polarity to appear on the resulting mod. So if you use 4 different polarities, you have 25% for each to roll - and I mean individually rolled so it's not a 100% that you get one of them.

Example:

Using polarities of A, B, C, D. Transmute, game rolls for first mod, 1-100, if it's 25 or lower, you get A. If it's not A, then the game rolls for second mod, if it's lower or equals 25, it's B. etc. If it's not D the game randomly chooses a different polarity (any that is not part of the 4).

The second part of what you said doesn't make too much sense. Unless you just want stuff handed to you...that is what this translates to.

Please explain this "translation of yours". I just cannot seem to make out the connection between me wanting stuff handed to me and my comment of exlcusive mods being too powerful being a bad thing...

Edited by K_Shiro

My comment is to DE. I have been playing Warframe since the launch of PS4 almost 1000 hours. There are some problems in the game that you try to work out. I see that you dumb down trinity. But come on you really messed up Nova. Now I don't even want anything to do with any of those warframes. They are junk now. You should have kept them the same but made them better add to the game to use her God like blessing it will cost you credits each time. That way people have to keep playing to keep their powers. Nova you prime the enemies they many times don't get primed. I'm starting to lose interest in the game because of things like this. The saying goes if its not broke don't fix it. To me focus on the bugs and glitches and adding more planets and enemies. People are complaining about the game invite set up. It looks nice but to add people as your friend just to let them in your game not cool. Why don't you have a bug like creature for the infested that can fly and shoot at you. The other factions do. The crawlers are weak. Why not have them bite you. They take your DNA from you and transform into you. A copy of you the powers and all without the weapons. I feel bad for the infested. Please look into this.

The hottest topic is and will always be the grind .

This last update with its dilution raises the question, again....Our grind endurance decrease more and more. If we keep getting rng stuff after rng stuff, we'll feel backstabbed.

If a fair rng reward system isn't implemented before lore 2.0,stealth 1.0 or parkour/moves 2.0, what's the point of still playing then?

My 2 cents:

I just want the Cicero mods. Keep the founder exclusive stuff the way it is, but make previous event awards obtainable again. Maybe by an event, that is directly aimed at old event rewards and you can only get 1 set of awards via your choice of mission, and you can only get what you dont have yet.

The Cicero Mods now drop from Vor in the Void. 

I'm thinking this could be an interesting beginning.  You guys mentioned that having corrupted or Orokin bosses could be cool and possible.  Maybe placing other event mods or other, more powerful-yet-retired mods (looking at you primed chamber) as void boss drops could work?

Even just having some sort of void boss to begin with would be nice in its own right, but having it drop mods that have been sealed in the DEsney Vault would be a nice reward too.

Nice. This would lower prices for those on Trading chat. Not that I would sell mine or something, but some ppl really appreciate this, I guess. 

Also, reintroducing exclusives to the game in such a nice way. Thanks DE!