June 6Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

So, announce new stuff before we announce new stuff? 

lol.. lol.. okay... lol.. okay-okay.. lol

certainly you had the point..

most of us(and my friends) doesnot really matter about whats coming(update), we were just "hey! theres a big update today (U13). okay cool"

since web community and ingame community are two different audience.

web community = people whos REALLY care about the content --> more being greedy bout it

ingame community= people whos ONLY care about the current gameplay --> more being enjoying the present

Cute answer but not productive, let me give you an example, "The new Prime Warframe will be Loki Prime which will be release this Wednesday", see how simple that was, no reason for anyone to datamine or release little gifs of the next prime,

You must be fun at parties.

You prefer that DE would disclose everything a few weeks before release (so local professional whiners could start their whine train earlier than usual :)). Fine. And I prefer to find out by myself what my Christmas presents are, at the moment when I can tear open its wrappings and play with them.

Well what I will say that you also have to understand that us founders are getting so tired of repeating the same routine of rightfully having the right to own what we bought. So not that I wouldn't want to be productive but sometimes repeating it for the millionth of time is getting on my nerves. It is like a child that is constantly asking are we there yet.

On the other hand. Glad you made this post to clarify it on our behalf. Please consider making a sticky pin on those forum categories that might have these threads that talk about Founder deals and what is the case with them. Would skip a ton of posts that way because apparently the message isn't otherwise received.

Now that my rant is over. On the the more mattering subjects. So dataminers and leaked content. I know this is harmful to your business but I don't think you can ever really battle against it. People will find a way. Dataminers out resource these things and community applauds to them because of the old discoveries that lead into them being violators of the rules or however you want to say it.

So I don't think there is stopping from certain individuals from posting their findings trough sources. All you can do to act on your behalf is to not to release parts of the upcoming content in earlier patches. You can always shut down sources you have power with but you can never stop those sources you don't.

Many game companies have been suffering from dataminers exposing practices and most have started to learn that the only singular way to combat it is to post all the content in the patch in a single issue even though it will make the patch big in size.

"Houston, we have a problem...I see Dual Lato Primes in the video"

Can we have a brief understanding of the XBONE release video? Or is that just mere speculation just like dual skana primes/dual dark daggers/swords?

The latos were added to the video because they look cool; they are not a teaser. It's just a coincidence that they happen to be a topic in this thread.  Sorry for any confusion. 

I think something that was overlooked in the livestream and here as well were notionphil's points on better dumb enemies without making bullet sponges out of them.  I wouldn't argue that AI changes are appreciated, but when you get in ult range of a Crewman or Lancer...no amount of AI will prevent them from stepping out of your ultimate and surviving.

The attention the devs gave it was in a sort of vague "we need cannon fodder enemies" direction.  I don't like what that implies, really.  Sounds to me like he was saying that enemies should be weak to make the player feel powerful, which contradicts itself because if an enemy is weak and your Warframe is powerful, it does not make the player feel like they did anything to deserve to defeat their enemy.  I understand that there should be some enemies that have more of a "swarm" dynamic as opposed to being super powerful on their own, but right now the Crewmen, Lancers, and Chargers aren't even that.

SO IN SUMMARY:  If we could get confirmation about DE's views on the difficulty of the game (as well as other features) and what they are or will be doing to change it, that would be pretty cool.

Or maybe this point is moot because the Suspicious Shipment-style gametype will be a new thing in U14.  Even just that would alleviate a lot of the concerns I have with the game currently.

This ^

It's a big problem and something that I really don't like, if that's the direction that is guiding balance and design in the game. 

You want to make Warframe interesting and empower players? Don't make your enemies cannon fodder. This is actually the current problem for many of the Vets, and those of us with extensive arsenals.

Currently no enemy survives for more than 3 seconds before being riddled with bullets or disintegrated with Warframe powers, this doesn't make the game engaging or people feel Godlike, it's simply tedious and it becomes boring after wading through wave after wave of enemies, until maybe you'll reach a level when the scaling system pushes DPS and HP to such a level that players find it a challenge. It requires no thinking or tactics with the team to defeat enemy spawns, they're simply reduced to a mangled heap within seconds of spawning. 

It's also something that bears thinking about with the new enemy designs being implemented. They'll be killed in seconds with the current powers and weapons, and providing shield ignoring powers, stun locks and visual impairment doesn't make them harder in a good way, it makes them frustrating and irritating by using mechanics which you cannot counter no matter how skilled you are. This is the antithesis of Dark Souls which while brutally hard does not penalise you arbitrarily by using gimmicks to inflate difficulty. The direction that was mentioned in the Dev stream leaves me with a decidedly uneasy feeling.

As a final point event exclusive mods. 

Cicero, Tethra mods should be released, and they should have been released a while ago. Either added to spectre drops, or as Nightmare drops, maybe added to alerts. They're the only mods which allow for status builds and the precedent of Slingshot, Arid Fear and the Gravidus Dilemma has been set. All these event mods, even the Brakk and Detron were released.

Founders items, they're fine being exclusive, Wraith and Vandal weapons, fine staying exclusive. The Cicero and Tethra mods however are central to all status builds, without them, they don't work.  

.....Wouldn't you prefer a Aklex Prime and a Dual Dragon Nikana? Im Prit-tee sure I'd rather those instead..Yea it'd be cool to use the argon crystals to do a prime upgrade but to me it would only be justified if only the founders were able to do so...cuz exclusivity and stuff (btw I have neither the Skana prime nor the Lato Prime... I just think it would be fair because those who were able chose to donate so much at such a pivotal point in development... if I had more at the time I would have made at least Master)

Well, I'm asking because there's a thread right now that's going in circles because the devs haven't answered that question.

The latos were added to the video because they look cool; they are not a teaser. It's just a coincidence that they happen to be a topic in this thread.  Sorry for any confusion. 

Let me guess, that was also the reason they added a Dual Skana Prime on Volt in the Alad V trailer?

I suspect that even a response etched in stone would not stop people from wanting to discuss reintroducing founders items. As long as the threads are respectful and productive, that's ok.

We've made a few statements about founders gear (like the one in my original post). We have no active plans to re-release founders gear (maybe if the sun is about to implode, or something, we might consider it). 

As mentioned above, why won't you get your position straight? Really don't wanna lose any customers or burn any bridges? I'll make a mental note that you welcome discussion of introduction of founders items (in case of PS4 this is not re-introduction, since they were never offered to begin with).

Your "no active plans" is very.. How should I put it, "telling"? Because, you know, it's pretty obvious that prime access and founders pack shouldn't probably be offered at the same time and you're still going through the list of warframes to be primed (8 original ones?).

Call me prophet, I bet you will release founders pack on consoles at some point and maybe even re-release it on PC. My personal suspicion though is that the game will be dead on consoles at this point. See, what you did with selling it on PC up to 2 weeks prior to PS4 release and then not offering it on PS4... Is actually extremely offensive. Please, by all means do explain why you thought it was acceptable. Look how Square handled FF14. This is how proper devs/publishers handle this stuff.

Most people don't give a damn if sun is going to implode though, they care about their wallet imploding. Or maybe I misunderstood you here, do correct me.

As far as Founder exclusives go, if DE sold the items as 'exclusive forever',  then they should honour that to the best of their abilities.

However, whilst many other games offer exclusives, most items offered are cosmetic or of minimal impact on the game. Many are timed exclusives. Very few offer permanent exclusives that have a lasting effect on the game at least partly because of the devisive effect it tends to have on the community.

Be that as it may, I dont actually want the Founders Excalibur or weapons/mods etc. I only care that the sets of equipment that I do have access to are incomplete, ie I can collect every other Prime warframe, but the set will never be complete because Excalibur prime is only available to Founders.

The problem is simply that, at the moment the Founders Excalibur and the Excalibur Prime are the same thing. Theres no real reason for them to be though.

-

So heres one possible solution, revamp the founders exclusives, give them new artwork, new colour schemes, new accessories, glowing aura's/names or whatever. Give the Founders a special version of every warframe and weapon if you like, give them all outright better stats for all I care.

Do make sure however that you give the Founders exclusives and what are currently called Primes different names to permanently seperate the two sets of items.

One set would presumably still be called Prime to make the changeover a little easier. So maybe if you changed the name for the exclusives you could perhaps go for names like Excalibur Genesis/Ascendent/Imperator/Optimus or if you changed the current Primes (available to everyone,) then you could go for names like Excalibur Legio/Void/Variant or something like that.

But, make it so that the normal and (currently) prime versions of the warframes and weapons are ALL attainable by every player in some way shape or form.

Also, for sake of fairness, Mastery Ranks probably shouldnt be affected by levelling up the new Founders exclusives.

-

As for the event specific items, I would very much be in favour of the events being rerun, in their entirety. (To avoid claims of dumbing down.)

In order to not conflict with the current storyline and to link the event to the lore as much as possible, I would suggest that the event be accessed from the relevant codex page on the anniversary of the event. Call it a 'reenactment' or even an 'education program.' In a "Lest We Forget..." kind of way.

As for why that's an issue no game locks core content as permanently exclusive.

One thing i have noticed lately is that everyone is calling excal prime CORE Content and i am not seeing how it can be a core part of the game I Mean its not like if you don't have this stuff its impossible to play the game or that there are no non prime versions so please tell me HOW IS IT CORE CONTENT!!!! Ohh its a prime and therefore by existing it makes the non prime version obsolete!! yeah it don't work like that guys so will everyone QUIT GODAMNED *@##$ING ABOUT THE FOUNDER PRIMES!!

All i ever hear nowdays is oh boohooho i wasnt here when they were available and now my life has no meaning WELL HERES SOME NEWS FOR YAS I WANT DOES NOT GET DEAL WITH IT!!! ps to the guy i have quoted this is not aimed specifically at you

I suspect that even a response etched in stone would not stop people from wanting to discuss reintroducing founders items. As long as the threads are respectful and productive, that's ok.

We've made a few statements about founders gear (like the one in my original post). We have no active plans to re-release founders gear (maybe if the sun is about to implode, or something, we might consider it). 

Hey Drew, can I take this to mean you will only bring back founders gear if the sun was gonna implode, or something similar was to happen? Because to be honest, what's bother me about your response here and you initial post is this "no active plans" bit, because it leaves this little door open that people can try to leverage. Thank you for the patience with dealing with this topic, hopefully there will be fewer threads relating to it from now on.

Exclusives Gear

A significant number of threads have been popping up over the past week about exclusives in Warframe. For the sake of clarity:

We have no active plans to re-release any of the exclusive founders gear.

^

Ok so this ^ shouldn't be brought up.  Founders gear ended months ago.  If DE even as so much mentions Founders gear being released prepare for hell, I promise you!  Now i wouldn't be so irritated if your statement on the matter was worded differently but, We have no ACTIVE plans to re-release any of the exclusive founders gear.   WTF ACTIVE PLANS?!?!  I hope for your sake you change that in the near future.  ANY exclusive gear earned during events should STAY exclusive,  that's the point for paying more and playing during the times these events occur (there are exceptions.) For those Teeno/people who are reading this and thinking. "boy this guy seems pretty mad over gear." you can bet your sweet @$$ i'm mad.  

Excalibur prime should be awarded after 2 years of gameplay, because you are loyal to the game.

i've have been around since before a lot of the founders, but exclusive items for money is wrong except for cosmetics (and excalibur prime is just not a cosmetic item).

seeing all this "mine mine mine" is disgusting.

Not even then. What does the word EXCLUSIVE! say to you? We founders were told they wont be available again.

They are weak enough to bring no tactical advantage, so its not at all P2W.. its Pay2Believe-in-the-game thst led us to pay for them. For some, young and naive as we were, it would have even been a reason to get the packs.. some weapons of then unknown usability.

Frankly, if they become available they would have broken their promise to the Founders, that those items only Founders have. Basta.

Reintroducing the dual weapons of this type would very much reek of treason, surely it would be wriggling around the promise, but still... why call for bad blood? 

Edited by Merlinhawk

Part of they way it's worded is so it's not a lie, but also in case it actually happens in the future we can't turn around and get mad saying "but you said you wren't going to do etc etc "  ~  

Honestly there is no point in getting upset at possibilities.   In reference to all the speculation on the topics in this thread,  don't worry about what mgiht come, but what the devs had said will come and what mgiht come.  It's not worth bitching about things that they say "most likely will not happen " 

right 

Well said, tactical_surgeon. 

The likelihood of the exclusives being brought back is so slim that it's definitely not worth worrying about.  

So no answer on whether or not exclusivity in general applies to the design as well as the item itself?

That depends on how you want to define "design". Excalibur Prime is essentially the same design as Excalibur. 

That depends on how you want to define "design". Excalibur Prime is essentially the same design as Excalibur. 

Like, specific model AND textures (so not just model, like Excal/Excal Prime). Like if I take a picture of the lato prime and skana prime and say "that's the lato prime and skana prime". Does that exclusivity apply to any other item that uses those assets (i.e. any dual version).

Only reason I'm bringing that up is that the main reason that debate (about these dual variants) was going in circles was because of two different interpretations of how exclusivity applies to the items. One side says it applies only to the single items, and that any dual items are separate and not subject to any claims of exclusivity, while the other side says that these items (lato prime and skana prime) are recognizable as those Founders items, and so any dual version shares exclusivity because they are essentially the exclusive items in dual form.

A simple answer on just how far this exclusivity extends determines whether it's even possible to have dual variants of the lato prime and skana prime as an option.