June 6Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

One step closer to uninstalling this game and moving on

There's one last step before I reach the end.

Nut up DE, re-release the event items or don't. Stop waiting on your 'earners' opinions before you make those decisions..espeically when you introduce them into the marketplace, where people just make alt accounts to farm the mods and sell them.

Communication and confidence are the two things you've lacked through the entirety of this games lifespan, and which is why I've quit playing so often. Why I missed out on all this stuff. Because I seriously don't know where you stand on things. And in the face on notonphil or whatever his name's feedback post, to brush off feedback that would be game changing and bring a breath of life into the monotiny that we've been sold on..doesn't say much as to what we should expect in the future.

My foot is on that last stair step. Don't care if you don't care. Just saying.

Nope, second thought, last step reached.

YCu8swm.jpg

Thanks for the memories DE.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

Nut up DE, re-release the event items or don't. Stop waiting on your 'earners' opinions before you make those decisions..espeically when you introduce them into the marketplace, where people just make alt accounts to farm the mods and sell them.

Communication and confidence are the two things you've lacked through the entirety of this games lifespan, and which is why I've quit playing so often. Why I missed out on all this stuff. Because I seriously don't know where you stand on things. And in the face on notonphil or whatever his name's feedback post, to brush off feedback that would be game changing and bring a breath of life into the monotiny that we've been sold on..doesn't say much as to what we should expect in the future.

Oh well. Goodbye then.

I really don't get why people want the founder items to be back or the weapons and stuff that were part of events, this happens with other games as well. Hence they are called Founders packs, those people who paid for them helped in some way and got those items in return. You may just got late into the game and missed those chances. For the exclusive mods I think you can expected them to be re-released as it happened with the previous ones.

So the Founder items are seriously exclusive now. What about Vandal series?

Yea, I kinda would like to see if they are or not going to re-release the vandal series? Either way, I wouldn't be bothered by if they didn't return, but if it is then cool.

Founders items....let's see. How about not trashing founders of the game by re-releasing this content just say no is final. Which DE has said numerous times in Livestreams, but people just keep kicking a dead horse. =NO

YCu8swm.jpg

and later...may your gaming days be great..

I believe that DE has to stop beating around the bush and decide what exclusives are/aren't coming back and acctaully tell us... Here's what i'd like to see...

I would like to see tethra and cicero mods return, for a few reasons. 1) Player that are new or had a vacation or family event at the time of an event should not be penalized and should have some way to aquire the mods. 2) People now are paying ridiculous amounts 300-800P ($20-40) average per tethra or cicero set which is outright ridiculous. 3) and many more reasons...

I don't think it should be easy at all, but I do think that it should be possible.

ALSO, THE SAME GOES FOR ARCANE HELMETS! This is unfair to new players and player who did not have the luxury of having plat at the time which they were available. In my opinion these helmet blueprints shoukd be added to the drop table/RNGs of the T1/T2/T3 mission to make them again hard, but not impossible to aquire. Also it would spice up the rewards in some of the modes with a lesser variety of rewards?

Responses would be greatly appreciated:)

Edited by (PS4)killerbunny53

I felt the reply to the "Forget Better AI - We Need Better Dumb Enemies" (aka better enemy mechanics to improve survivability) thread was thoughtful, but incomplete.

Daniel and co certainly seemed to understand the concept that AI won't matter if your enemy is dead instantly, but offered little recourse other than an explanation that Tenno are very powerful thus hard to balance against.

The concept of the thread is that DE should introduce simple defensive mechanics to certain enemies (aka shield lancer) of each faction, to create more engaging combat situations which we can overcome with a tiiiny amout of skill/attention/tactics.

He also provided a reference to the Prosecutors RNG defense, which is not a successful mechanic to make combat more engaging. Pre-misson loadout? Sure. Combat? Not really.

The stream then went on to show a plethora of very interesting enemies, all of which will be evaporated by a single press of 4.

On a positive note, I thought many of the new offensive powers of the enemies were quite interesting, if they gain appropriate telegraphs (shield ignoring AoE poison clouds without warning, anyone?)

All in all, I respect the effort, see it as a step forward, but would really have liked someone to acknowledge that

"yes, there should be some situations where 4 doesn't solve all your problems and you have to think for a second".

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ALL OF THIS

I really don't get why people want the founder items to be back or the weapons and stuff that were part of events, this happens with other games as well. Hence they are called Founders packs, those people who paid for them helped in some way and got those items in return. You may just got late into the game and missed those chances. For the exclusive mods I think you can expected them to be re-released as it happened with the previous ones.

I'm a rather vocal advocate for the return of "retired" weapons, as you may have inferred from my earlier post.

But I go so far as those weapons which have no real reason whatsoever to be "retired" or exclusive to anyone.

Founder's weapons I will always defend as exclusive. People paid for exclusivity and that's what they should get.

Wraith and Vandal weapons I will make concessions for but honestly think shouldn't exist to begin with, but as long as they do, a decision should be made one way or the other on them.

it would be nice if all helmets equipped to prime warframes suddenly became prime helmets sporting that prime look. this in fact would include arcane helms as well since they are the same the design, I don't even think you'd have to touch them, they would be included by default.

You would not be going back on your stance against stat helms since you technically won't touch them and besides, it seems most people actually have arcane helms(at least the ones that keep em) and don't really have the statless ones so actually making it only for statless helms would be bad.

Especially for paying customers. you dig?

YCu8swm.jpg

Wonder how old this picture is...

There's ways of getting around the gameplay effects of exclusive and retired items without re-releasing them. Probably the simplest to implement would be to make clantech research or a Market blueprint to get the Mastery associated with levelling those items from 0 to 30. DE could add one of those blueprints in each time they retire something, and having it be a blueprint allows them to put a silly crafting cost on it to use up a lot of our collected resources.

Exclusives Gear

We have no active plans to re-release any of the exclusive founders gear.

Now See this is not fair now - because this means yous are actually thinking about it - now the people wanting founders gear will have a glimmer of hope because its not a definite NO!

say that means we dont have any ideas as of right now but something might pop up / DE we can read you like a book - are we seriously doing down the same path again on what yous said about frost prime but someone thought oh lets just give it out to everyone

Hello everyone, I'm wondering and exciting about the upcoming Prime Access Package.

Just wanna know when will it release.

Thanks so much ^^

I saw someone say a while back that the Rhino Prime package was released a week after the Golden Warrior teaser trailer. So my best guess is Wednesday.

Edit:

someone thought oh lets just give it out to everyone

Would you rather Prime gear only come from events? The current system is much better; it allows all that artwork and dev time and money to be put to better use than "yeah, we spent the time and effort building this thing only a handful of players will ever see because of when they were playing."

Edited by Yezzik

If Lato/Braton Vandal were to be rereleased, (which would ideally be when warframe ends its current "beta" phase and goes into "release", it should be functionally the same gun (even for the purposes of mastery) and the base gun should be reskinned slightly to denote a re-release, current owners of the weapons will get the current skin as an option to show that they were CBT players. As for other exclusives:

Snipetron: Should be added to alerts or login rewards like the gorgon was, as well as other retired weapons.

Snipetron Vandal: Should be added as a high tier reward when the faction system comes out, as a reward to excellent service to a faction (possibly should even be broken up into pieces/bp and have parts awarded piecemeal at milestones) Other "exclusives" should be available this way, such as the element/status mod cards, but weapons should require you to go above and beyond the call of duty for a particular faction to obtain so there would still be some "status" tied to the weapons. If you see someone with that weapon, they're either a veteran or seriously worked hard to obtain it. (similar how having prime stuff had a sort of "status" thing before trading was introduced.)

Edited by Zagrax

Still Hot: Enemies Of The Tenno Design Project
Grineer Winner:
Manic Grineer (Kadabura)

Name Suggestion: Manic Grineer

Behaviour:
Manic Grineers are unusually aggressive melee soldiers who act solo, dropping down from above to ambush their prey. Subsequential clonings have weathered the minds of these Grineer variants down, causing them to attack relentlessly with no sense of self-preservation. However their ties of camaraderie seem strong as they wear the masks of their fallen clone brothers on their backs, and perhaps if the Manic is lucky enough, the helm of a fallen Tenno target. Their high attack and speed make up for low shield and armor, and while they shouldn't pose too much of a threat to a composed player or group, an unsuspecting Tenno may be in for a bad time if caught off guard.

Attacks:
Ground Pound: similar to a Tenno's, will stagger/knockdown players if Manic Grineer lands on/near them when falling from above (one time attack when spawning)

Charge: the Manic Grineer will charge straight to a selected player, knocking them over and clawing at them until the Manic's shield is broken to knock them off. Knocked down players can still shoot secondary weapon as if they were bleeding out, but will not need to be revived once the Manic has been pushed off, so the enemy type can still be in solo runs. If the player is quick enough, the Charge attack can be avoided.

Attacks mainly with hand/fist melee weapon if not Charging.

(After re-reading this, I realized the attacks are kind of like the Charger + Hunter from L4D meets stealth guy from Payday 2, hah!)

Environment restrictions:
Only appears where there is overhead space to drop down from (like a hangar); not in hallways or singular rooms.  

Art:
ew80Pv9.png

Read our interview with Kadabura here.

Wonder how the other winners are progressing? You can check out some work on the infested winner (Juggernaut) and the corpus winner (Riot Moa) in this week’s Devstream!

I like the design. I hope it won't be another stun enemy. We already got to many of those

As far as event exclusives go, I am hoping they get re-introduced later through the questing system.

Also, snipetron is a horrible name for anything that wasn't a bad 80's arcade shooter. It could use a renaming to fit lore if it is to be re-introduced.