Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Braton Prime

Nintenn064

I think that consistency is something DE should try aiming a bit more towards when it comes to weapon balancing. Braton Prime doesn't even have half the DPS of Boltor Prime, and doesn't come with any polarities. It's technically not even like a direct upgrades compared to most Prime weapons (whether I agree with direct upgrades or not is another matter; I'm simply talking about consistency). Even Burston Prime has it better.

DPS isn't everything, that's true, but consistency might be welcomed in this case. They buffed Latron Prime and it became a really great weapon. Boltor Prime is simply ridiculously strong, and Burston Prime is in a good place (it even comes with a V polarity).

As it is, a little buff to Braton Prime won't hurt anyone, and for the Braton lovers, it would be really welcomed I believe. It doesn't have to be a straight damage upgrade, but I think immolator1001's suggestion above will be good.

Edited by Casardis

I love my Braton Prime (sweetest looking Assault Rifle I own in Warframe).

But I think it's fine as is...actually, given the effort required to acquire it, it could use a couple of starting polarities. At least one 'V' polarity for sure.

I would appreciate any kind of buff to the Braton Prime as long as it doesn't make it ridiculous like the Soma or Boltor Prime. As much as I love my Boltor Prime, I won't deny that its super easy to use and that everyone and their mother uses it. 

I also agree with Dwagon, the Braton Prime definitely needs a polarity or two. 

I would appreciate any kind of buff to the Braton Prime as long as it doesn't make it ridiculous like the Soma or Boltor Prime. As much as I love my Boltor Prime, I won't deny that its super easy to use and that everyone and their mother uses it. 

I also agree with Dwagon, the Braton Prime definitely needs a polarity or two. 

Currently, it doesn't even have HALF the DPS of Boltor Prime. Any kind of buff, unless it's a ridiculously high one, will never bring it to the level of those two guns you named (thankfully, since those two are just ridiculous).

As for polarities, it's not something that can be changed now due to people forma-ing weapons. The rest of the stats, however, can still be buffed without affecting something changed by us.

Edited by Casardis

Currently, it doesn't even have HALF the DPS of Boltor Prime. Any kind of buff, unless it's a ridiculously high one, will never bring it to the level of those two guns you named (thankfully, since those two are just ridiculous).

As for polarities, it's not something that can be changed now due to people forma-ing weapons. The rest of the stats, however, can still be buffed without affecting something changed by us.

Yeah the Braton Prime doesn't need a ridiculous buff. I just want it to get a Latron Prime treatment, or something similar so it becomes a solid weapon to use. 

And good point, but I still wish it came with a polarity. Oh well. 

I also feel the Braton prime is a bit weaker than it should be. It should have all 3 damage types balanced like the regular Braton. Currently it has mostly slash damage.

It should be similar/comparable to the Burston Prime at the very least.

Yeah the Braton Prime should have all 3 damage types, like the Twin Gremlins. 

Plus Slash isn't exactly the best of damage types to excel in. 

There is no need to compare to the Boltor Prime.

Just compare it to the Grakata built for damage.

http://goo.gl/MF43DU

Yup 20k DPS.

A rank 0 gun that 95% of people in warframe dislike to use can put out 20k DPS.

Soma only wins out marginally (around 23k) due to having another 40 rounds extra.

http://goo.gl/sKOr3h

IMO all guns should be balanced around at least Grakata.

When everyone's primaries can put up 20k dps, suddenly the 26k DPS boltor Prime doesn't seem that unbalanced.

Edited by fatpig84