Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp Conflicts? What?

LikeABawsh

And see that's an issue. No one wants anyone to have anything.. It's not like the game is telling you that you CANNOT (impossibility) to earn such items, you CHOOSE not to, therefore you feel they should not exist solely on your reluctance to participate?

Let me know when the game completely obstructs your ability to actually obtain these items and you quit holding yourself back. If you wanted the items bad enough you'd put up with a few deaths from your fellow players to get them.

Right because we all started playing Warframes for pvp oh wait?

Not a fan of a pvp gate for gear and will be really bummed if the new stance or items from U14 are behind them.

Well, we do not know about new drops, the game mode will have turrets and destoryables so who knows if there will be places for new drops. At some point their might be Eximus mobs in dark sector conflicts... Also new mods have to come from somewhere

However, unless something changes, the "Decisive Judgement" nikana mod will only be available through PvP in update 14. 

Currently the only sources for this mod are Tenno specter's and transmutation. 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Decisive_Judgement

As Rebecca said though

For Specter specific Stance drops, this is something on dev's plate to consider adding elsewhere to satisfy potential disinterest of the new game mode.

However does not help solo players/people with connection problems (e.g. cannot players others, Strictnat).

Let me know when the game completely obstructs your ability to actually obtain these items and you quit holding yourself back. If you wanted the items bad enough you'd put up with a few deaths from your fellow players to get them.

So what about players who have problems joining public games or choose to play solo only? 

They can play all other parts of the game but cannot get these drops because they cannot join public games to get the drops? 

What about them? 

Edited by MDRLOz

And so that means it shouldn't exist? I hope you don't apply that logic to anything in the real world or we have failed already.

Well, we do not know about new drops, the game mode will have turrets and destoryables so who knows if there will be places for new drops. At some point their might be Eximus mobs in dark sector conflicts... Also new mods have to come from somewhere

However, unless something changes, the "Decisive Judgement" nikana mod will only be available through PvP in update 14. 

Currently the only sources for this mod are Tenno specter's and transmutation. 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Decisive_Judgement

As Rebecca said though

However does not help solo players/people with connection problems (e.g. cannot players others, Strictnat).

So what about players who have problems joining public games or choose to play solo only? 

They can play all other parts of the game but cannot get these drops because they cannot join public games to get the drops? 

What about them? 

In that case, the spectres should suffice. It's close enough and pvpers shouldn't complain that you have it too "easy"..

As far as I know, when this all gets released there won't be any new items added exclusive to PVP (update notes will confirm the details at release if anything changes). But, as interested players get their hands on playing it we may adapt with rewards (could be cosmetic, insert imagination here etc). We simply don't know at this time, but as with a lot of aspects of Warframe we adapt and adjust.

I think this is a good idea not to add anything behind something that maybe people are not comfortable playing as of yet anyway. Though this may be the sleeper hit as they say in TV of the summer and even non-pvp players might enjoy it but I guess we will wait and see. A bit off topic, a pity the new screen on the liset website was off timed not to coincide with the actual release of U14. 

The more cogent question is will Battles of Honor (taken from The Liset image asset) PvP support Offline/Private/Invite modes. Basically forcing the system to use Specters and blocking human players from connecting to your session. 

This would seem to be the "quick" fix to make the new mode partly PvE friendly at launch.

If the answer is yes, then we have our clunky PvE workaround at launch and more people are happy. If the answer is no, you may want to be about getting that ready for a hot fix post launch ASAP.

=====

There are other functional advantages to have the Private/Invite system working. For a start we can hold actual tournaments with pre-arranged teams on each side.

You cannot force a game to become an e-sport, you can only provide the tools. If you don't provide the tools your game will never ever become an e-sport.

Private match making is one of those tools.

Edited by Brasten

As far as I know, when this all gets released there won't be any new items added exclusive to PVP (update notes will confirm the details at release if anything changes). But, as interested players get their hands on playing it we may adapt with rewards (could be cosmetic, insert imagination here etc). We simply don't know at this time, but as with a lot of aspects of Warframe we adapt and adjust.

You can add cosmetic rewards if you see fit, I do not have a problem with that (as long as the requitements aren't some halo achievement level feat).

But this is a PvE game and anything that is relevant to gameplay should not be exclusively available to PvP, ever.

While I do play a few PvP games my self, I dont want to play PvP in Warframe. I cant clearly explain why, but I really just dont.

Can we have a solo mode for DS conflict pleaaaaaaaaaaase DE? :(

Hm i wouldn't like exclusiv PvP Rewards at all. I have no Problem when Warframe adds a PvP Mode even if it is a PvE Game and the Lore makes PvP Modes absolutly illogical because i just can avoid them. But when there would be exclusiv PvP Rewards i would be forced to play PvP which would take away alot of the Fun i have with Warframe.

Warframe is a Coop PvE Game. Please don't force everyone who joined because of that and dislikes PvP to play PvP to get rewards.

For the most part I agree with you, and before I thought PvP with abilities was ridiculous.  However, there's a strong vocal part of the community that's been asking for it for a whole year now.  I believe the devs are under pressure to try to make Warframe into a jack of all trades per se.

And so that means it shouldn't exist? I hope you don't apply that logic to anything in the real world or we have failed already.

Well that depends.  See Warframe doesn't have to be a jack of all trades, it could simply do PvE really well. When it comes to the whole PvE vs PvP, here's the problem:

In PvE the stronger or "in the know" (people who have figured out optimal hunting spots, movement and gear combos, etc.) players will be perceived as carrying the team and weaker players will be perceived as either newbies, less experienced, ill equipped, etc  If they all become friends usually the stronger players share their secrets and the weaker players have someone to look up to/mentor them through the game.  This is really good for developing a long term player base, because you have bonds between players that are almost like real friendships.  I've made quite a few friends playing this game and we've friended each other IRL too.  The drawback is however some of the stronger gamers may feel content gets boring/easy, because the game itself must be "balanced" so that the weaker players aren't obliterated by the AI.  Stronger players who've mastered/collected everything eventually become less active or quit, and/or only return to play for a bit when new content updates happen.

In PvP the stronger or "in the know" players figure out sure win combos and camping spots and use the weaker players as fodder to boost their stats.  The psychology is very different here.  It's like gamer darwinism basically.  If someone is not good at figuring out where to camp or doesn't have a "perfect" combo of gear they're basically running out to get killed over and over again.  Then you have a handful of players who are masters of those maps and almost godlike vs. everyone else.  People eventually lose interest or get turned off by it and quit.  You don't really want to friend "xXxPsykoKillahR8peUallDayxXx" because he's killed you 55 times in a row due to some "near exploit" that he's figured out.  You get disappointed in the game and want to leave or you vow revenge and get killed even more, or you eventually figure out the same "near exploit" and become the same exact person that you hated so much before.  Either way, you have a significant part of the gamer base left with a bad taste in their mouths and mixed feelings.  I don't believe that's a good long term strategy for building a player base in a game that's squad based like Warframe.

Personally I believe I have a decent profile in Warframe, MR16, most of the important mods maxed, and I believe when I join missions I'm usually a benefit and rarely a burden to my teammates.  I've never played any other online games before because ages ago when I tried with Call of Duty I felt like every time I spawned I was instakilled or if I walked 10 meters in front to find cover I was already dead.  I really tried to play PvP COD for quite some time but gave up.  In Warframe I have over 1000 mission hours logged and over 1700 hours recorded in steam.  I'm still making new friends in this game even though many of the old schoolers I knew before have left.

I'm OK with the way the devs are adding PvP in this game, because I think they CAN satisfy the needs of those who want it, but I hope they don't ever make it into part of the core experience in Warframe.  I hope that it's never mandatory and that the game stays 90% PvE.  One thing for sure...  It's difficult making everyone happy.  =/

Anyways, I'm not here to start any arguments or debate, these are just my feels.  lol.  XD

Edited by sushidubya

I've never played any other online games before because ages ago when I tried with Call of Duty I felt like every time I spawned I was instakilled or if I walked 10 meters in front to find cover I was already dead.  I really tried to play PvP COD for quite some time but gave up. 

Not to nick pick but...did you...try? I mean, that's as easy as FPS "PvP" is going to get.

I've never played any other online games before because ages ago when I tried with Call of Duty I felt like every time I spawned I was instakilled or if I walked 10 meters in front to find cover I was already dead.  I really tried to play PvP COD for quite some time but gave up.

Oh you poor thing. CoD is absolutely 0 peoples friend when it comes to easing into the world of conflict gaming (PvP). Its actually built in such a way to kill you after about 5 steps, veteran or newb. It is a horrid wretched game. Team Fortress 2 is where I would suggest you start, especially on some of the more goofy and laid back servers. Battlefield used to be one as well, for its slow pace and more tactically minded game play (personally kinda lost interest with Battlefield 3.75 a.k.a 4 & Hardline). Its too bad Unreal Tournament hasn't had a decent game since 2004.

Edited by Brasten

Warframe with hats...just saying

Not to nick pick but...did you...try? I mean, that's as easy as FPS "PvP" is going to get.

Well that's the thing.  I don't think I suck at video games, but maybe I do compared to guys like you???  lol.  (I'm not being a jerk here, but sincere.)  Because if you say it's easy then you must be on the "good" side of the PvP players and not the "fodder" side of the PvP players in COD.

COD was a very humbling experience for me...  I don't know what it was, but really every time I spawned, a second later I'd be dead or if I simply moved a bit to find cover I'd be killed too.

I tried Crysis 3 multiplayer and I fared a bit better on that.  I think my kill to death was 1:1 at least, but I just kept getting slaughtered in COD.

I have more concerns than anything like once the match starts rolling how does a team counter puddle, chaos, aoes that can clear whole rooms ect. I mean there no "dispell" in the game like Stalker can use on us.

How do players dodge beam weapons like the Phage,  my ignis I forma a bunch can fire through walls, floors, and cover.

I know about mods coming online as the match goes on, but Devs have spent all this time making us killing machines and to be an apex predator that can take out whole armies. I just can't see it in my head how that can be balanced.

Oh you poor thing. CoD is absolutely 0 peoples friend when it comes to easing into the world of conflict gaming (PvP). Its actually built in such a way to kill you after about 5 steps, veteran or newb. It is a horrid wretched game. Team Fortress 2 is where I would suggest you start, especially on some of the more goofy and laid back servers. Battlefield used to be one as well, for its slow pace and more tactically minded game play (personally kinda lost interest with Battlefield 3.75 a.k.a 4 & Hardline). Its too bad Unreal Tournament hasn't had a decent game since 2004.

Thanks for the sympathy and advice bro.  I've never felt that I sucked as much in video games as when I tried playing COD multiplayer.  It seriously hurt me right in the feels for a while.  XD

Thanks for the sympathy and advice bro.  I've never felt that I sucked as much in video games as when I tried playing COD multiplayer.  It seriously hurt me right in the feels for a while.  XD

COD is built to run at the speed of an over caffeinated 11 year old on a sugar high. If you are not "reacting" at that speed you will have a bad day. It is 0% tactical game play, which is why I'm getting the Internet sense is what you prefer to play. Games like Battlefield (not Hardline) and Team Fortress 2 can be much slower and more thoughtful. There is a level of Meta and strategy above just running around like a streaker trying to dodge attack dogs.

Its what I'm hoping Warframes PvP direction will take. Something with more Meta and tactical thinking than just run-gun-die-respawn-die-die-run-die-run-gun-die-die game play. It used to be a thing with games like Unreal Tournament 2004's Assault and Domination modes. Objective based play where DEATH of the other team is the goal, is exactly where Warframe needs to be. Killing the other team is a tool in the kit of victory, not the whole kit.

I do strongly recommend Team Fortress 2. I'd actually start with the Payload mode. Also Chivalry: Medieval Warfare almost forgot about that one. 

Edited by Brasten

COD is built to run at the speed of an over caffeinated 11 year old on a sugar high. If you are not "reacting" at that speed you will have a bad day. It is 0% tactical game play, which is why I'm getting the Internet sense is what you prefer to play. Games like Battlefield (not Hardline) and Team Fortress 2 can be much slower and more thoughtful. There is a level of Meta and strategy above just running around like a streaker trying to dodge attack dogs.

Its what I'm hoping Warframes PvP direction will take. Something with more Meta and tactical thinking than just run-gun-die-respawn-die-die-run-die-run-gun-die-die game play. It used to be a thing with games like Unreal Tournament 2004's Assault and Domination modes. Objective based play where DEATH of the other team is the goal, is exactly where Warframe needs to be. Killing the other team is a tool in the kit of victory, not the whole kit.

I do strongly recommend Team Fortress 2. I'd actually start with the Payload mode. Also Chivalry: Medieval Warfare almost forgot about that one. 

Thanks again for the suggestions.  I'll have to try TF2 out.  (While I have tons of hours in Warframe, I'm overall a newbie to online gaming.)  I loved Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 too.  Then again...  I was a teenager when playing those, so yeah you're probably right about me preferring tactics over reaction/reflex gaming.

I was ready for the "different flavor" you mentioned but will the mode be properly incentivised? Honestly, its not like I have anything else to do in warframe. Each time I finish the farming aspect in every update, I realize that there's no place to take the aresnal I've spent so much time cultivating. Please just make the dark sectors interesting.

I was ready for the "different flavor" you mentioned but will the mode be properly incentivised? Honestly, its not like I have anything else to do in warframe. Each time I finish the farming aspect in every update, I realize that there's no place to take the aresnal I've spent so much time cultivating. Please just make the dark sectors interesting.

If the new mode gameplay is enjoyable enough, the rewards aren't an absolute necessity though it's stil valid, we'll see.

Well that's the thing.  I don't think I suck at video games, but maybe I do compared to guys like you???  lol.  (I'm not being a jerk here, but sincere.)  Because if you say it's easy then you must be on the "good" side of the PvP players and not the "fodder" side of the PvP players in COD.

COD was a very humbling experience for me...  I don't know what it was, but really every time I spawned, a second later I'd be dead or if I simply moved a bit to find cover I'd be killed too.

I tried Crysis 3 multiplayer and I fared a bit better on that.  I think my kill to death was 1:1 at least, but I just kept getting slaughtered in COD.

COD is the worst example of PvP ever in the history of pvp shooter, halo is one of the best. i am personaly very excited for Pvp in Warframe I cant wait ti see what they are able to do with it and I cant wait to see in evolve.