Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage Clones Stick Around And Potentially Cause Lag

DeiUmbrarum

Alright, so, on my system when another player is using Mirage's clones at some point in the lifetime they end up stuck, they're still animated and mirror the players movement, but they just hang around in one spot for potentially the whole mission. This hasn't caused any problems for me performance wise, or so I thought. Apparently the short duration of the regular missions I'd seen mirage in prevented a build up of copies because I just ran a T4 survival that started out fine and ended up at almost a frame per second.

Here's a pic in which you will notice, in order, mirage clones hanging about, my minimap on which each of those blue ally dots is a mirage clone hanging around using system resources, and my fps which is tanked so far into the red the party I was hosting for were actually having fun because it made the mission so ridiculous.

Does anyone else have this problem and is there a fix? Please halp.

MirageLOL_zps20936ed5.png

I have this same issue. Can't play any survival or defense missions due to the number of clones 5 minutes into either. It seems to be on my end, as no one else can see them in my games, but they see the effects of them (enemies paying attention to them, leading to enemies just standing around). It seems to happen if I lag at all when a HoM is used, which then leads to more lag and then more sets of clones. 

No idea what causes it, but I'd really like to be able to queue for a match without having to worry about grouping with a Mirage.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had this issue occur while playing as Mirage? Were you able to spawn and control 5+ of your own clones or is this something that is only seen when other players cast Hall of Mirrors?

We are having some difficulty reproducing this issue on our end so any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

E.g. Warframe mods used, # of players in mission, region selected, connection quality, who was host / who was client, etc. 

Has anyone had this issue occur while playing as Mirage? Were you able to spawn and control 5+ of your own clones or is this something that is only seen when other players cast Hall of Mirrors?

We are having some difficulty reproducing this issue on our end so any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

E.g. Warframe mods used, # of players in mission, region selected, connection quality, who was host / who was client, etc. 

I've had this issue 2 times. Both times:

1. Neither of us (me and the mirage player) were the host.

2. I was suffering from pretty serious frame rate lag (staying around 0.5 to 10 fps) due to mirage.

3. There was some network lag (it was taking between 1 to 3 seconds for a door to open, etc.).

The mirage clones, instead of disappearing when the skill runs out, simply stopped following the player. The player can then cast more clones, effectively creating permanent clones. the permanent clones don't do damage but they still mimic the original's animations exactly (but don't move from their position).

This can happen multiple times, seriously decreasing my frame rate each time.

So far I've only had this happen to me once and it was a while ago. One of my friends was playing Mirage, I was not. We were on Sechura and I cant say what mods he was using, but there were four of us in the mission. I don't believe I was host cant remember. When hall of mirrors stuck around, the clones remained animated in one place. They still did all the actions the player was making, only they stayed where they were and did no damage. He could not see the clones only us, the other players, could.

The mirage clones, instead of disappearing when the skill runs out, simply stopped following the player. The player can then cast more clones, effectively creating permanent clones. the permanent clones don't do damage but they still mimic the original's animations exactly (but don't move from their position).

This can happen multiple times, seriously decreasing my frame rate each time.

Not to mention that in a survival thses clones attract the enemies like a light attracts flies in the dark... and therefor breaks survivals more than the messed up spawnrates we have in T1-4 survivals atm are breaking it.

Hosting - Not me, as I joined a group.

# of players - 4

Region - Phobos, during a 10 wave defense alert

Connection quality - Slightly laggy, even more so when they started to remain around. Occurred just after the U14 drop, about mid-week, if I remember correctly.

Additional details - The caster was able to move around with their default 4, and the 'extras' infinitely sat at their place of inception, still copying all other actions. 16+ Mirages all fired 1 clip towards the defense pod at one point, annihilating everything in a single super laggy motion. They ended up performing nothing but melee after that, until the 10 rounds' alert hit ~9th round, when it all crashed to desktop.

Hosting - Not me, as I joined a group.

# of players - 4

Region - Phobos, during a 10 wave defense alert

Connection quality - Slightly laggy, even more so when they started to remain around. Occurred just after the U14 drop, about mid-week, if I remember correctly.

Additional details - The caster was able to move around with their default 4, and the 'extras' infinitely sat at their place of inception, still copying all other actions. 16+ Mirages all fired 1 clip towards the defense pod at one point, annihilating everything in a single super laggy motion. They ended up performing nothing but melee after that, until the 10 rounds' alert hit ~9th round, when it all crashed to desktop.

Yes exactly the kinds of things I've been experiencing.  I made a post about Mirage earlier today.  I thought it was my computer, but I've tried playing mirage and playing in general with other player playing mirage on 2 different machines, only to get similar problems.

My other post is here:  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/289825-short-freeze-when-casting-hall-of-mirrors-mirage/?p=3357944

Somethings definitely up with hall of mirrors and it's really annoying to play in fear of crashing when a mirage is present in squad as host or client.

I HAVE PICS.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/570022771323910509/42E2A6F301C7F6D0BA9BEE9B4638BAC82116BCDD/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/269396-hall-of-mirrors-clones-persisting-causing-huge-lag/#entry3120102

This was my problem as well. and derp, forgot I cleaned out my photobucket. I'll see if I can fix that picture.

edit: fixed it. Also, my post at #4 on that link explains everything:

It's not "full time" hall of mirrors. It's Hall of Mirrors clones staying persistant even when they should've disappeared.

Example: Someone on my team uses Hall of Mirrors. Their timer depletes normally...but when the timer depletes, the clones simply freeze in time and stay in the level. That person uses Hall of Mirrors again, and creates Another Set of clones...who also freeze in place when they should have disappeared too.

Now multiply that by 3 other players doing Hall of Mirrors almost constantly throughout a Mobile Defense mission. that's what you see on my minimap in my first post. So yeah, a stronger rig might handle it better, but it's still a huge and glaring glitch; and even the strongest rig will probably start taking huge hits FPS-wise and Warframe will inevitably crash like it did for me.

I want to also add, that these persistent clones seem to happen only to me - the host -  and no one else on the team.

double edit: I haven't had this odd problem since then, by the way. Happened only once, and then never again.

Edited by SoulEchelon

I too have been experiencing this often. I reported it on the U14 thread.

What I noticed is that it happens when Mirage uses explosive weaponry like the penta, ogris, thunderbolt etc.

As time progresses the fps drops really low to even 1fps and it becomes unplayable.

Edited by kubbi