Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Continue To Fix Nyx... (These Are All Comments Now)

Deaths.Reap3r

First off... I have to say. Excuse my rhyming skills... 

So... Im going to go straight to the point.

Lol Edit: Before you read this... NOTE I AM NOT SAYING NYX IS UNDERPOWERED. IM SAYING SOME OF HER ABILITIES NEED SOME TWEAKS.

ABSORB

Nyx's absorb works as well as a nugget in a biscuit filled with nugget biscuit crumbs from a biscuit. (Which means, its not too reliable..) Sorry Toby :(

So. A way to fix it?
Well. I read in another post called Nyx Fix or Fix Nyx or something, that absorb should be moved to the 3rd power and chaos to the final.

Then in another post I read, absorb should have a percent taken damage output crap. Like out of 100% input 75% of the damage you output

NO. NO. NO!

Absorb imo is one of the most bad@$$ ult's there is.
It just needs some fixing/buffing.

BUFFS/FIXES:

To fix/buff absorb without making it OP as sh!t, I think that when you use absorb, all enemies stop fighting other players and attack nyx. That way, theres no base damage which would make absorb pretty much not absorb but just a attack sort of thing that also gets stronger. I can already see something a bit exploitable with this setup, and thats, if you use absorb and every enemy attacks, then your team mates can shoot at them and kill them all while the enemy is shooting at you.
A way to fix it? Simple.
I read on the wiki, that team-mates can shoot at you, and that damage dishes out in absorb too. So, to fix the above statement, just have it so that all bullets/arrows that are being shot at the enemy shooting nyx gets redirected towards nyx's absorb. As for melee damage toward enemies shooting nyx, im not sure atm how to fix that.

PLEASE PLEASE Make absorb go through walls and objects. Ive had many cases where absorb kills that 1 odd grinner and the rest of the little S#&$s are still hiding behind cover. PLEASE. This wont even make it OP too because most Ult's DO go through walls and objects.

GLITCHES:

1. It doesn't work against melee. (Im almost 100% sure).
Well atleast I KNOW as a fact that it doesn't work against infested when I use it.
Fix: Make absorb take in melee damage too (Actually come to think of it, maybe double damage for melee).
(Sorry if this ability does work against infested and melee, but Im really sure it doesn't cause I tried it tons of times)
(Just tell me if it does though)
Edit: Its also ironic if it actually doesn't work and its just me, because you get nyx from killing an infested boss...

2. SHADE. GOD DAM YOU SHADE.

Thats all.

No really. God dam shade.

When I use absorb with my shade that I JUST FINISHED MAKING, SHADE DECIDES TO GOD DAMN Cloak me.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF (im atheist) GOD, make it so that only shade becomes invisible and not you, so that way the shade cant get shot at, and you will. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

PSYCHIC BOLTS

I'll go straight to the point. They are underpowered.

So all that needs to happen is give it a buff by making them go through walls, and have them do about half the damage slash dash does.

And after thats finished. Make them cost less. Like 15-20 energy...

Edit: Yo dawg I heard you liked exploding heads...

So another idea to make physic bolts better would be to mark those enemies it hits.. It would do the same damage as of now and same everything, but just marks them. Then when a player kills that enemy it will have a 50% chance at maximum to explode like thunderbolt for paris.

That way it would hurt nearby enemys and maybe even kill another "marked" enemy and making them explode and creating a chain.

MIND CONTROL

Yo dawg I heard you still liked that idea of exploding heads...

So an awesome and not Op idea would be that when you mind control an enemy and the mind control runs out without them dieing, it will make their heads explode much more violently than thunderbolt for paris and have a 100% of exploding at maxium fusion. This wont guarantee a 1 shot kill on Ancients or anything of that sort, but it should do alot of damage and make mind control alot more useful cause it can damage nearby enemy's. If the mind control enemy dies however, nothing will happen.

Mind Control is actually quite fine I guess, but please make the subject more reliable than just a bullet sponge. I mean the subject does like next to no damage to enemies. And idea someone said was, make it so the target can be controlled perhaps with a way point so then it would make it super bad@$$ and would allow you to infiltrate places. This would be so cool, other than having the target just a plain old bullet sponge. If this is not possible, atleast make the target a lot more aggressive.

Original Post:

I've got some more ideas for you.

Perhaps it could be made so that Mind Control forced a single target (or several in a small AoE around the initial target) follow your crosshairs for a short duration without protest.

"But that's useless!" you say.

Truly, it is... until they fix stealth! Then this skill becomes the most effective way of getting around heavier enemies which are otherwise too difficult to take out quickly. It's also rather ninja-esque. Nyx, hiding from the shadows uses her ninja powers of influence to infiltrate a location without arousing any suspicion. (Banshee has a semi-useless except for stealth skill.)

I'm also in the camp that thinks Mind Bullets Psychic Darts could stand to be cheapened considering what it does.

Chaos should be worked into something more... useful. I can't think of a good tweak that doesn't involve writing up an entirely new skill though. 

Absorb is a very nice uber, the only thing it needs is the ability to go through walls, and a bit of agro pull. Just imagine confused enemies shooting at the seemingly vulnerable space ninja.

IN THE END...

-Have a taunt for absorb.

-Shade should go invisible while nyx dosn't when in absorb.

-Make the damage of absorb go through walls cause almost all other Ult's do that.

-PLEASE PLEASE DEVS PLEASE fix it so that Nyx can take in Melee damage. Its kinda ironic that it doesnt work against infested considering that we had to farm an infested boss for Nyx.

-Oh right, and also. Could we get a Nyx avatar? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE? Im obsessed with Nyx.  - Thank you!

- If its possible, but it would take a lot of time I think, could you guys also make it so that on the energy color customization on nyx, when you change the color, nyx's ability color stuff thing (You know what Im taking about) changes too? (Maybe have it set to only a select few?)

- Yo Dawg I heard you liked exploding heads... Make mind control subject explode much more violently than thunderbolt if it runs out but if target dies, then nothing happens, and have a mark system for physic bolts and when you kill a marked enemy, they have a 50% at maxed fusion chance of exploding and damaging nearby enemies.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. Yesterday it was at 35 rep. Now its at 48.... Now its at 129? Um sure... I'll um take that? Now 204.. Lol that is all. Now 453... Thanks guys?

BTW If you agree with this post just use .00002 seconds of your incredibly precious life and press the rep_up.png Button. OMG Im sorry I stole so much of your life!

If you dont agree with this post then DONT press the rep_up.png Button. Save that precious .00002 seconds, but please do write why!

Edited by Deaths.Reap3r

I have experienced the situation where I rush into areas with plenty of enemies close by, pop Absorb and then see all the enemies just posturing and standing around and the absorb only takes in about 3 to 5 bullets.  Then it goes off, does minimum damage to nearby enemies which then think I have shot them and proceed to start gunning me down.

For the ultimate to work, players have to really make sure that all the enemies are shooting at them and will keep shooting at them.  Otherwise, sometimes the ultimate totally fizzles.

Considering Nyx's other abilities, it would seem reasonable that absorb would have a bit of mind control or agro that would cause enemies to start shooting at her and filling the absorb.

As for your fix to stop the other players from being opporunistic and shooting enemies while they are "taunted", it probably isn't necessary.  Nyx could have just used Chaos instead and they would still have the chance to gun down the enemies without threat.  As well as, any enemy shot won't be filling the absorb so it is sort of a trade off.  Teammates gun down the enemies, maybe nyx won't have as good fo an absorb output.

Adding a bit of taunt to the absorb would keep absorb from ever fizzling.

Ammo is incredibly precious on some weapons and your proposed fix would make my gun temporarily useless and waste any shots I do make.

The taunt idea is good though.

Well, no. Your ammo wouldn't be wasted, cause the shots you shoot, would get dished in with absorb. But like someone on the top said, it might not even be necessary.

But then I get that it would probably go towards nyx's kills, but really, does it matter all that much unless its a challenge thing?

Edit: WOOOO 69th post.

And holy crap, thats a lot of replies after I finished this.

Edited by Deaths.Reap3r

Well, no. Your ammo wouldn't be wasted, cause the shots you shoot, would get dished in with absorb. But like someone on the top said, it might not even be necessary.

But then I get that it would probably go towards nyx's kills, but really, does it matter all that much unless its a challenge thing?

Edit: WOOOO 69th post.

And holy crap, thats a lot of replies after I finished this.

Problem is what if I'm shooting at an enemy outside the range of Absorb and enough damage has already been done to finish off all the nearby enemies?

In that situation I've wasted bullets on enemies who would have died even if I didn't shoot and one or more enemies are still standing who would otherwise be dead.

Problem is what if I'm shooting at an enemy outside the range of Absorb and enough damage has already been done to finish off all the nearby enemies?

In that situation I've wasted bullets on enemies who would have died even if I didn't shoot and one or more enemies are still standing who would otherwise be dead.

Ohhh I see. Dang. I thought I got it good...

Yah ok that makes sense.

Mind Control: Make it so they actually shoot there friends. I don't know how many times I have controlled a heavy gunner and she just stand there like a meat shield or shoot at the wall or something stupid.

Psy Knifes: When you activate the abilty the blades stand motionless above your position until you target a enemy with your curser then they glow green like they do right now and then when you activate the ability again they shoot to the enemy.

Chaos: Fine as is

Absorb rework: TImelock. Nyx focus her Psychic energy to crate a bubble that stops enemies and bullets in there tracks and after a set amount of time has passed she blows the bubble up causing everything to shoot out. Bullets rockets lazers ect get shot at random directions and has a chance of hitting enemies around the bubble and everyone caught in the bubble get turned into projectiles themselves having a chance to do major damage to anyone in there path

Edited by Clockworkfiction

Mind Control: affected enemies should be more aggressive. Now they just run away to find cover and stay there. Or at least give them double damage to compensate that. Also I would like to see some Mind Conrol doing minor damage - it's messing with enemies head, so brain damage maybe?

Psy Bolts should do RAW damage, ignoring armor and shields. And more importantly they should actualy HIT somebody.

Absorb is allright. Just fix Shade rendering it useless with its Cloack. More aggro wouldn't hurt tho.

Comon! I need some help guys!

i made about 5 threads about Nyx .. and there was a littile help only 

i agree with u in everything and i would like to add something 

add an aggro machaninc for Absorb and increase the Range and make it go through walls .. u think it wil become OP ?? 

NOPE !! .. almost all ultimates have range of in game ( 20m ) and go through walls  like Banshee ultimate and Rhino stomp a really great range and go through walls .. so yeah . that what all NYx players want to have a good ability Like all other frames !!

if any 1 agrees with me plz reply to me and type ( +1 ) 

i Hope the developers read this !!! 

thanks for the Thread ( Deaths.Reap3r ) 

and to know how i really care about Nyx go to the Stream at ( 50:10 ) u will hear rebbeca saying ( Q hitman P is asking : will nyx get a rework for her abilites ) 

am really proud that She Read my Question ^_^ 

Thanks for Everyone who will support us ( Nyx players )

regards .. HiTMaN

The only thing that DE should fix about Absorb is the sound. It sucks that you can't hear Nyx yell "Feel my wrath!", maybe it's because she has psychic powers.

On a serious note, the ability should be hitting all enemies in the blast radius and not just enemies that damaged you if it doesn't already.

The only thing that DE should fix about Absorb is the sound. It sucks that you can't hear Nyx yell "Feel my wrath!", maybe it's because she has psychic powers.

On a serious note, the ability should be hitting all enemies in the blast radius and not just enemies that damaged you if it doesn't already.

I Disagree . they should fix alot of things .. not only that 

Edited by o_HiTMaN_o

already posted that at other threads...absorb i think need a total rework due to the facts enemies can get into the minimum range and you cant hit targets behind cover and it has no aggro mechanic and you can´t kill ancients with it what means sometimes you stand between 3 ancients after your ult who killing you instant...also the whole ability dont fits into her kit i mean nyx is designed to stay behind and pull the strings not to run in and tank everything.

Edited by dead_carrot

...  Unless things got changed, Absorb does have aggro and has for several patches.  You just don't notice it and I didn't either until someone mentioned it on the forums and I decided to go verify for myself.  Sure enough, it did.

Absorb requires enemies to be firing at you but honestly, I feel like it just needs a coefficient and effect buff.  In a sense, Absorb ought to be the most devastating ability in the game.  She's telekinetically stopping all shots and then uses that energy in a massive pulse.  It also has a long channel time like Crush and Avalanche, only instead of moving for the duration, you're meditating.

Personally, a coefficient buff around 10% or so (I assume 100% of damage taken is dealt to nearby enemies, so enemies would instead get dealt 110% of damage received) and making the particle/sound effects actually reflect how much damage you absorb would be nice touches... Perhaps each shot by an enemy spawns another little band of energy orbiting around you or something?  Idk...  something...

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

already posted that at other threads...absorb i think need a total rework due to the facts enemies can get into the minimum range and you cant hit targets behind cover and it has no aggro mechanic and you can´t kill ancients with it what means sometimes you stand between 3 ancients after your ult who killing you instant...also the whole ability dont fits into her kit i mean nyx is designed to stay behind and pull the strings not to run in and tank everything.

i disagree with your last Sentence !!!

Personally, a coefficient buff around 10% or so (I assume 100% of damage taken is dealt to nearby enemies, so enemies would instead get dealt 110% of damage received) and making the particle/sound effects actually reflect how much damage you absorb would be nice touches... Perhaps each shot by an enemy spawns another little band of energy orbiting around you or something?  Idk...  something...

i like the effects idea .. it seems nice especially the sound and more aggro !

Just make absorb aggro the mobs and cancel (ghost) effect of shade.

^This.  If it does agro mobs, it doesn't do it very effectively.  That needs to change.

Psycho bolts also need some element of enemy manipuation.  Perhaps some kind of panic effect?

Edited by Aggh

^This.  If it does agro mobs, it doesn't do it very effectively.  That needs to change.

Psycho bolts also need some element of enemy manipuation.  Perhaps some kind of panic effect?

What do you mean by panic effect? Like does everyone stop shooting and just run around in circles?

Thats not all tho. I added a lot more.

idk why people make it so complicated !!

its al about adding/increasing 

1- Aggro 

2- Range

3- Go through walls 

thats all , PLlease do that Devs !!

and i would be still useless against infested with ancients... making you trap yourself between them