Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 47 Overview

DE_Adam

Each Devstream takes a dive into the future of Warframe, but Devstream 47 was filled with fancy new content from start to finish!  A quick recap of the new PvP mechanics, the Riot MOA, our fancy Relay Librarian and Raids all make an appearance -- and that this Devstream Overview breaks the hour-long glimpse into the future down to its most important points.

Enjoy!

-DE_Adam

I plan to build a parry build and just watch the boltor babies lose it.

LOL

but i don't think we'll get the boltor prime in pvp anyways. IIRC we only get a few basic (mk1?) weapons, and once pvp balance is somewhat stable they'll add in more stoof.

Edited by Easey

"a single player not pulling their weight could mean the rest of the group will not progress"

Thanks, I was looking forward to a mechanic that made me quit WoW to be added to this game, so that I can start thinking about quitting it too. I just love group play requirements forced on me after I've done everything to never depend on other players while I'm experiencing the content of this game, don't you?

I am 99% sure that Reflection is gonna be a banned mod for PvP.

STOP SQUELCHING MY DREAMS OF DARK AND UNHOLY POWER!

"a single player not pulling their weight could mean the rest of the group will not progress"

Thanks, I was looking forward to a mechanic that made me quit WoW to be added to this game, so that I can start thinking about quitting it too. I just love group play requirements forced on me after I've done everything to never depend on other players while I'm experiencing the content of this game, don't you?

Jeeeeee, it's almost like Co-Op is featured in EVERY TRAILER FOR THIS GAME!

I know DE's said they like to keep the Solo-players in focus, but said Solo-players need to realize that there WILL be content they just wont be able to do without teaming up with others. Is it honestly so hard to make friends with other people in a game?

• A 'danger room' is being added that will allow players to summon enemies they've scanned using a new unique object scanner. This special scanner will function similar to a Ghostbuster trap, requiring more than just a simple codex scan to capture.

No, this is all wrong. LESS scanning. Scanning is annoying and tedious. I just want to be able to see how a new weapon or mod setup is going to perform against enemies of various levels, straight from my ship. This feature will basically never be used by me because I didn't even want to scan enemies the first time around. What makes you think I want to do it all over again with a scanner that's even more annoying to use?

Just make me kill so many of said enemy or something. Anything that doesn't bring the action to a complete screeching halt while I scan enemies all day, just to be able to use a feature that should be available to everyone without tedious bullcrap and without visiting the relay for no reason. I'm already sick of hearing "Wait wait, I need to scan more of those!" while I'm just trying to, you know, actually play the game.

At worst, this should be tied to the scans people are already doing. At best, it shouldn't be tied to scanning at all, and just be a new feature added straight to the ship, not relays, with new enemies made available as you encounter/kill them.

Edited by Centias

" and we're not interested in making a high-speed ninja version of Call of Duty. " - - - sounds really good, great news =)

" • Raids will require co-operation and communication from all players involved, as a single player not pulling their weight could mean the rest of the group will not progress. " - - - im speechless and waiting for that a long time, it seems to be a possible start of this for me very high anticipating theme in - im shure - also lots of us honourable tennos =)

thx for the overview, im leaning back in my chair and smiling and wish this all grows into the best for all of us, devs as well as players ... =)))

This will be funny coming from me since I am new to the forums but I love reading comments of people with so few posts crying when something is being made that they do not agree with. In any forums, not just here, it just makes me chuckle :P

That aside, I like the aspect of adding a more challenging Co-Op experience to the game. It is part of being a team and learning to work together, that is the point of making a clan and playing with the people in it, it is also the point of an Alliance for the people who lack the close friends to make a massive Mountain or Storm Clan. 

I am not so much into the PvP of the game but I blame that more so on the fact that I play on an Xbox ONE and not the PC, since at the time the PC release was large, I was without a Powerful Tower to run the game. When I play on my Xbox the machine wants to come to life and kill me for making it try to comprehend the things happening within the game XD. I might give PvP another go once this is out across all platforms, till then I will still probably stay away from it, for the same reason I ween away from cod. I just am not a PvP guy, it is just me.

Scanning may be a tedious process and it happens but you are not forced to do it. It has yet to be made a requirement to advance in anyway. If you are the type of person who is a completionist then you will have to learn to love it. I personally like Lore and Stories and Details, so I will enjoy the Library scanning quests and such. 

All in all I loved watching the Stream and I am quite excited for what is to come in the future of Warframe. 

As for the lack of Underwater showcases and Parkour 2.0, it will be there not need to fret I would imagine smoothing and rewriting code and tweaking code for locomotion and environmental interaction in a game that focuses so much on the movement and flow of the character to seem like the ninjas of yore to be quite the daunting task even for a group of experienced game coders and devs. Patience will be the key to making this game enjoyable, specially being a FTP... with such a vast array of content and in such a unique and quality art style... I am willing to sit back and enjoy the ride there.

Thanks Adam, and the DE team

"The Conclave Syndicate leader will provide quests and unique rewards for players that actively participate in Conclave." 

Does this mean we can expect other NPC's to give us smaller but more quests in the future? As far as I care it can just be randomly generated repeating quests with a bit of a better reward and the ocasional lore introduction, but it would be nice to have them, get that RPG feeling ya'know?

No, this is all wrong. LESS scanning. Scanning is annoying and tedious. I just want to be able to see how a new weapon or mod setup is going to perform against enemies of various levels, straight from my ship. This feature will basically never be used by me because I didn't even want to scan enemies the first time around. What makes you think I want to do it all over again with a scanner that's even more annoying to use?

Just make me kill so many of said enemy or something. Anything that doesn't bring the action to a complete screeching halt while I scan enemies all day, just to be able to use a feature that should be available to everyone without tedious bullcrap and without visiting the relay for no reason. I'm already sick of hearing "Wait wait, I need to scan more of those!" while I'm just trying to, you know, actually play the game.

At worst, this should be tied to the scans people are already doing. At best, it shouldn't be tied to scanning at all, and just be a new feature added straight to the ship, not relays, with new enemies made available as you encounter/kill them.

I pretty much agree with you on this one, I really don't think relays are the place for such a room (I understand that the idea is that they're there because that's where the 'Librarian' syndicate will be). Personally I think it would be much better as a room that can be built in a clan's Dojo, the place that is by definition where Tenno (should) go to practice their skills. 

As for the method of scanning, I can see the 'ghost busters' style being cool, as long as you only have to do it once or twice for each mob type, otherwise it's gonna get tedious. It also seems a shame to waste the scanning people have already done, maybe there could be some way to make the capturing easier depending on how many scans people have for a particular mob?

I made a straw poll about where people would prefer the 'danger room' to be as I'm interested to see what people think:  http://strawpoll.me/3755643

Regardless I cant wait for update 16!

Edited by _Mozzy_