Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Channeling Effects Are Broken On Seemingly All Frames

Brynslustafir

0wIt6rW.jpg

XqG3nBr.jpg

I've tested it on more than just Saryn and Volt Prime, but I don't have screenshots for all of them. 

Every single time I channel my entire frame apart from the helmet glows.

It's been like this for a couple weeks so I figured there was a fix in the works but I haven't seen any threads reporting this bug. Just thought I'd point it out. 

tV2zPny.jpg

tIGZkSb.jpg

Edited by Plasmaface

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...I've been channeling a bunch lately and haven't had this happen. Could you post your Display settings to see if it's connected to any of them?

There, display settings are up. 

Yes, but have you isolated which one it's connected to, if any? I have been channeling a bunch lately and have not seen this once... curious case!

Yes, but have you isolated which one it's connected to, if any? I have been channeling a bunch lately and have not seen this once... curious case!

Rebecca, Since you have been so kind as to respond to this thread regarding channeling effects, could you please perhaps take a moment to respond to the thread I created on March 3, 2015 which has yet to receive any response? I have also linked to it an mentioned it several times on the update threads to no avail. Please either fix the excalibur broken channeling or state definitively that is was purposely changed even though it was never noted in any patch notes. This would thereby eliminate confusion as to whether it is a bug or an intended change. Thank you.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/411633-de-why-did-you-change-excaliburs-immortal-skin-channeling-effect/

forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/411633-de-why-did-you-change-excaliburs-immortal-skin-channeling-effect/

Rebecca, Since you have been so kind as to respond to this thread regarding channeling effects, could you please perhaps take a moment to respond to the thread I created on March 3, 2015 which has yet to receive any response? I have also linked to it an mentioned it several times on the update threads to no avail. Please either fix the excalibur broken channeling or state definitively that is was purposely changed even though it was never noted in any patch notes. This would thereby eliminate confusion as to whether it is a bug or an intended change. Thank you.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/411633-de-why-did-you-change-excaliburs-immortal-skin-channeling-effect/

forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/411633-de-why-did-you-change-excaliburs-immortal-skin-channeling-effect/

I will comment in this thread when I have talked to the parties involved in the Art & Science of Channeling - a bit more info needed but early judgement is it looks like a bug.

As for OP - please verify your cache in the launcher (a recommendation that may solve your problem).

Looks like the channeling you get on Vaubans phased skin. Have you just purchased the phased skin? Perhaps the game's slightly mucked up the implementation?

Even if that was the cause of the bug, it would not explain how the FX managed to appear on a frame thats not Vauban.

Looks like the channeling you get on Vaubans phased skin. Have you just purchased the phased skin? Perhaps the game's slightly mucked up the implementation?

Maybe the Phased Skin channeling effect got "leaked" to the other frames? That's like the force equipping special skins in relay bug.

and I thought it was my settings all this time.. since U15 I have not been able to get that channeling glow on any frame nor able to channel with any melee weapon so I just quick melee all the time even when in full melee mode.. well what else will go awry with the YOQ?

Hmm, seems like it stopped after the most recent hotfix. Weird, it wasn't in the patchnotes but at least it's not happening anymore. 

eNVbTfZ.jpgCan't quite tell for certain, but it might have stopped after I optimized the game cache. 

Edited by Plasmaface