Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nobody Else Excited About Sharkwing?

Fifield

Yeah I know archwing is bad but look at this:

It looks amazing, prettier than normal mode.  Could do with a bit more lighting but that's easily fixed.  Sound could be mindblowing due to lag of slower sound waves (archwing in space should technically have no sound).

Because maps are smaller, it doesn't have the dumb thing of archwing where you're shooting at pixel-sized enemies which are obscured by your frame.  For the same reason, drops will be easy to find.

My body is ready.

Unfortunately, my Odonata Prime and newly baked archweapons are not.

Now I remember why I was grinding Archwing.

Honestly, I hope it comes with some much-needed archweapon/mod tweaks - like "take maybe 80% of the bloody recoil off those Decurions so they're actually usable as automatics". Or "seriously, make the elemental mods have consistent costs and polarities".

I'm not looking forward to it myself. I was not a fan of the combat in archwing, and it seems like it's the same thing here, but with a smaller area. Also, I don't like how this may be shoehorned into regular gameplay if you have no interest in archwing or potatoing your archwing gear.

I'm glad archwing is getting more stuff. Also people should stop complaining about the ranges Archwing... you're in space... a place of infinit span... and you want space combat that's no further than what we have on the ground... ?

Anyway...

a26.gif

Sharkwing's cool, but the thing that has my attention the most from 17 is the changes to movement and the potential of the Exilis mod slot. It was Exilis, right? The utility slot, it had a name. So it's less a lack of excitement and more it being overshadowed for me. Even Equinox isn't as intriguing to me as the potential to be able to move around more fluidly and get more verticality.

Well... many of us expected a lot of archwing, but it ended up somewhat hanging, somethign about it just wasn't quite right. Stamina is being removed though, and that was part of the reason some of us found archwing unappealing. Perhaps the underwater sets will bring new life to archwing gameplay :s

Sharkwing's cool, but the thing that has my attention the most from 17 is the changes to movement and the potential of the Exilis mod slot. It was Exilis, right? The utility slot, it had a name. So it's less a lack of excitement and more it being overshadowed for me. Even Equinox isn't as intriguing to me as the potential to be able to move around more fluidly and get more verticality.

I believe it was, exilis, meaning 'spare'. Also, I may have misinterpreted what they were saying, but I believe they implied that more than one utility / exilis slot may be obtainable.

Edited by Somedude1000

I'm glad archwing is getting more stuff. Also people should stop complaining about the ranges Archwing... you're in space... a place of infinit span... and you want space combat that's no further than what we have on the ground... ?

Yes.  Gameplay overrides all pseudo-realism concerns.

Or you end up with bad stuff like archwing.

Not excited in the least.

Its just more stuff to grind for. Building out normal frames is tough enough. Building out Archwing stuff is insultingly grindy. 

Archwing has relatively few mods. Very bad RNG. Weapon parts are scattered, prime-style, all over the place and like Prime parts force you to do mission types you might not care for. 

I had enough of this type of grind looking for Prime parts. Why in the world would I want to go through it all again for the sake of a frame I can only use on a very limited number of missions, on a very limited number of tile sets?