Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unexplained Status Change On Phage Post Update 17

MariAnnette

Prior to update 17, my phage used to have a status chance of 58.6%/sec. Post update 17, my status has dropped to an abysmal 33% status/sec. This is a long standing build that has served me very well for a very long time.  The only mod that I have changed on it was point blank... primed point blank took its place as the main damage mod.  Everything else has stayed the same. I don't understand why the dramatic drop in status. Are one or more of my mods broken or is there something else going on with my favourite gun?

I'm attaching screenshots of my phage prior to update 17 and post update 17 to illustrate the problem.

Preupdate 17 build - notice the 58.6% status.

NQoeTfn.jpg

tfeKi05.jpg

Post update 17 build - My build updated with primed point blank, but status has dropped to 33%

a7KMNes.jpg

7hiVEaP.jpg

I'm hoping that it is just a bug, as I didn't see any mention of phage being affected by the changes to shotguns. And yeah, I did take a look over the update notes from U17 and didn't see anything mentioned about it....But who knows for sure... for all I know, it could be an unlisted change to the phage.

All continuous fire weapons now have their status per second affected by fire-rate mods and NOT multishot mods.

I just assumed this was an intended change, it seems all continuous weapons for me (glaxion, apprex, spectra, etc) have this change.

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing...Pretty much means all continuous weapons can be Status viable with enough firerate and dual stat mods. But that means less damage and poor ammo economy which most continuous weapons have....

baseline

sSquGrp.jpg

multishot

6kOHSka.jpg

fire rate

gU5QvEy.jpg

Edited by 4ever4gotin

Investigation ongoing!

It's no longer accounting for multishot.

Edit:

Try removing any multishot mods. My gammacor (continuous just like the phage) doesn't increase in status chance when I add a multishot mod. 

^ This.

I can't tell you if it's purely a visual/UI thing or whether it actually affects your status/sec, though.

Edited by Chroia

All continuous fire weapons now have their status per second affected by fire-rate mods and NOT multishot mods.

I just assumed this was an intended change, it seems all continuous weapons for me (glaxion, apprex, spectra, etc) have this change.

Yup, I just tried this with my Gammacor and Synapse. Was this in any of the patch notes? If so, I must have not read them.

Yup, I just tried this with my Gammacor and Synapse. Was this in any of the patch notes? If so, I must have not read them.

Glancing through them right now, I didn't find anything official yet, nothing mentioned in any 17.0 + update notes although I'm pretty certain this is a very recent change.

Edited by 4ever4gotin

Hey Tenno! 

After investigating we found that the stat changes displayed for the Phage, and consequently all beam weapons, were due to inconsistencies in the UI before the release of Update 17. Although prior to U17 the UI displayed an increase in Status Chance with multishot mods, this increase was actually not affecting anything in game and was solely a UI bug. When used on beam weapons, multishot effectively increases damage. When U17 was released, the UI correctly displayed multishot as not having an effect on Status Chance for beam weapons. As a result, this lead to what appeared to be a significant change in stats, when in reality nothing gameplay wise has changed. 

We apologize for the confusion! 

Hey Tenno! 

After investigating we found that the stat changes displayed for the Phage, and consequently all beam weapons, were due to inconsistencies in the UI before the release of Update 17. Although prior to U17 the UI displayed an increase in Status Chance with multishot mods, this increase was actually not affecting anything in game and was solely a UI bug. When used on beam weapons, multishot effectively increases damage. When U17 was released, the UI correctly displayed multishot as not having an effect on Status Chance for beam weapons. As a result, this lead to what appeared to be a significant change in stats, when in reality nothing gameplay wise has changed. 

We apologize for the confusion! 

So why does multishot still increase the displayed status chance on everything that isn't a beam weapon?

Do beam weapons actually work differently, with additional beams not being able to proc? They're already kind of terrible for status, using status per second instead of per ammo like everything else, multishot not working properly as well would be very unfortunate.

Edited by Azure.M

So can same be done for shotgun status? Multishot should not give the impression that their status chance is actually any good...

Shotgun Status does interface with Multishot, though. Arsenal Chance divided by number of Pellets. Multishot adds extra Pellets but thankfully doesn't further divide the Status. the extra Pellets come with their own Status.

also, Shotgun Status. very scientific.

Y9sTbNA.png

So why does multishot still increase the displayed status chance on everything that isn't a beam weapon?

because Continuous Weapons don't interface correctly with:

- Multishot

- Status

- Rate of Fire

- Damage application

- Audio

Edited by taiiat

[DE]Danielle has a really nice portrait :P

dont be fooled she is Poisonous evil :P the hawt avatar is just here to bait you

=LaJ9Kmo.gif?noredirect

-------------------

as a side note , double a bullet may double the statut chance as well per shoot since 2 bullets have obviously more chance than 1 to proc....

I tryed a lot of diferent load  out with flux weapons (max heavy caliber+multishoot= dont show up two beams)

Maybe on flux weapon , multishoot only augment damages outpout and have no physical effect

unlike other weapons  (bow add more arrow, guns more bullets)

as a side note

Wouldnt Fire rate mods augment status chances in UI for flux weapons?

since that statut chance is per second for beams?

edit:

oh wait it does show up

Edited by Tsoe

Oh my goodness, you guys are analyzing this like it's rocket science. All that's happened was a UI bug, and Danielle said that it's being fixed, so nothing stat-wise has changed during gameplay.

And I see people here saying how multi-shot, fire rate, and status chance mods affected this even AFTER Danielle made the reply. Get it through your heads lads:

It's ONLY a UI bug - nothing more.

as a side note , double a bullet may double the statut chance as well per shoot since 2 bullets have obviously more chance than 1 to proc....

I tryed a lot of diferent load  out with flux weapons (max heavy caliber+multishoot= dont show up two beams)

Maybe on flux weapon , multishoot only augment damages outpout and have no physical effect

unlike other weapons  (bow add more arrow, guns more bullets)

Well, the OP was asking about Phage and that definitely gets more beams when you add multishot. They're really spread out and easy to count.

Oh my goodness, you guys are analyzing this like it's rocket science. All that's happened was a UI bug, and Danielle said that it's being fixed, so nothing stat-wise has changed during gameplay.

And I see people here saying how multi-shot, fire rate, and status chance mods affected this even AFTER Danielle made the reply. Get it through your heads lads:

It's ONLY a UI bug - nothing more.

I read the post. I have questions about the post. I'm asking the questions. Why is that a problem for you? If you absolutely don't want to know anything else then stop reading the thread.

• 1 month later...