Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa: Tenno Safe Trading Tips

Trading with your fellow Tenno is a large part of the Warframe experience. While most players use the trading system with honest intentions, there are some players who do not. To help protect yourself from scammers, please be aware of the following:

• GENERAL RULE OF THUMB: Always double, triple check that you will be receiving what you and the other player decided upon. It never hurts to be extra cautious, Tenno! 

• Trading UI Changes: With the release of U17 on consoles, you may have noticed a few exciting changes to the Trading UI. From now on, if a player changes something you will notified instantly. You will then need to re-check to accept the changes before proceeding with the trade:
    uxENEtL.jpg
  • “Platinum Glitches”: A player might offer to host a “Platinum Glitch” with the promise that it will double your Platinum. They will ask you to enter the desired amount of Platinum you wish to double in the Trade UI. Since “Platinum Glitches” do not exist, the player may complete the trade and leave with your platinum. Take extra care of checking the platinum amount before moving forward with the trade. The amount you confirm in the trading UI will be the amount you receive (even if told otherwise). 

• “Founders Codes”: Codes to unlock Founders' content in Warframe do not exist. Refrain from trading with players that are offering items/codes that have not been announced or made available by Digital Extremes. 

• “Ancient Cores” vs. “Legendary Cores”:  Unlike Legendary Cores, Ancient Cores do NOT have the ability to maximize the rank of a mod. Keep this in mind as players will attempt to trade “Ancient Cores” as “Legendary.” For reference:
    Spoiler

SHtbPZd.pnghfKI4bq.png

Additionally, please take extra care of players attempting to trade regular Fusions Cores as Legendary or otherwise. Be sure to expand the cores in the Trade UI to read their description: 
    HVRpkl8.jpg

• Non-Warframe Item Trading: Trading in-game items for non-game items (including cash) is a violation of the Terms of Use/EULA, and can lead to your account being banned. If the items can't be traded within the Trade UI, it is not a supported trade. 

• Kubrow Trading: Please be aware that it is possible to check the breed and visual qualities of a Kubrow imprint you are receiving by selecting the "VIEW OFFERED IMPRINTS" option in the trade menu. Always be sure to check the imprint you are receiving in a trade is the correct one before completing the trade!  The various icons and the associated Kubrow types are listed in the spoilers below: 

Spoiler

SIkcQk7.pngSunika Kubrow
KQqOYjp.pngHuras Kubrow
j9zHLtM.pngSahasa Kubrow
4wkKxT2.pngRaksa Kubrow
9ie2caF.pngChesa Kubrow

If you run into any of the above please contact support with details and screenshots of the incident. 

Thank you, Tenno! Happy trading :)

*Note: We've opened the thread! Please let us know if there are any other trade issues that should be noted. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for adding this topic!

I feel one wide disclaimer should also be added, which is already in the FAQ or the Terms of Service I think : Complaints or support tickets related to trades based on promises that are not upheld or lead to problems later on will not be entertained.

Not sure where I read this exactly, but I do remember seeing it and have seen other players quote it too.

Basically if you're going to trade, don't do it unless you see the goods or platinum on your screen and don't hold on to any promises of reimbursement in future trades from anyone, unless they are your most trusted long time friend and even then it's all on you if something should go wrong.

Trade responsibly, trade smart!

Edited by Sci_Ant

You can also add that you should always keep an eye on the items that are being traded.What I mean by that is some people who want to buy stuff from trading using plat may sometimes change the amount of plat to 1 in the last second.Ive witnessed it happen to someone else (Someone was streaming and he scammed the other guy in this way).

Thats alot harder to do now and probably won't be happening much anymore. The UI lets you know when the trades been changed.

SIkcQk7.pngSunika Kubrow

KQqOYjp.pngHuras Kubrow

j9zHLtM.pngSahasa Kubrow

4wkKxT2.pngRaksa Kubrow

9ie2caF.pngChesa Kubrow

This is really bad.

Little, to no real visual differences.

No written identification of the type, for no good reason, when it is 100% times better for it to only have the type, rather then having a unrecognizable icon.

(unless in the game the type does appear written, in that case dismiss my comment)

Edited by 7grims

This is really bad.

No written identification of the type, for no good reason, when it is 100% times better for it to only have the type, rather then having a unrecognizable icon.

(unless in the game the type does appear written, in that case dismiss my comment)

I can identify them just fine by the motions

This is really bad.

I don't see how those icons would be confusing. They clearly demonstrate which breed the icon belongs to. The only ones that I could see as a possible issue are the Huras & Sunika ones. Even then, they're still pretty obvious IMO. That said, having the name along with the icon won't hurt anyone. However, having just the name alone would be no better than the icon because a new person would not know what a "Sahasa" is by just the name, but seeing a "digging" icon would make them think "Ooh, that one digs. I want it." 

I don't see how those icons would be confusing. They clearly demonstrate which breed the icon belongs to. The only ones that I could see as a possible issue are the Huras & Sunika ones. Even then, they're still pretty obvious IMO. That said, having the name along with the icon won't hurt anyone. However, having just the name alone would be no better than the icon because a new person would not know what a "Sahasa" is by just the name, but seeing a "digging" icon would make them think "Ooh, that one digs. I want it."

Would be nice if they put the pattern like Lotus or Domino. Sometimes you can't see the pattern because of colors.

It'd be nice if imprints contained more information on them anyway. Like the breed name next to the symbol and the name of the fur pattern. Sometimes the colors come out in such a way that you cannot discern what pattern they have without actually seeing it written out. I bred a Lotus patterned kubrow and didn't know it until it matured as the coloring was poor. I sold it for cheap, and had to take every measure I could to ensure the buyer that this was indeed a Lotus pattern (not that they were unreasonable, I took these upon myself to be 100% sure they knew they were getting a legitimate Lotus pattern).

Those are the big things, though it honestly can't have too much information for my tastes. The less guesswork a buyer has to do to tell if this is the kubrow for them, the better for everyone.

in my opinion the MOST IMPORTANT trade tip:

if u dont like the price/offer from someone just make a counter offer and start to negotiate

be friendly and not insulting and be resonable (doubling or halfing a price is unlikely to have success)

most players i know will lower the price when selling or pay a bit more when buying if u talk to them in the correct way

if u encounter someone who refuses to negotiate at all accept it instead of insulting or blocking him

second rule:

(assuming that u dont do it urself) if someone is rude/mean/insulting ALWAYS take a screenshot and send a support ticket

dont fear to send multiple tickets every day

u can create an easy template and just add the screenshot + name + time/date (takes less than 30 seconds)

keep in mind that there are terms that everybody agreed on

the part im referring to is 5.a) and 5.d)

third rule:

you are the one pressing the "accept trade" button and noone else

if u think first about what ur doing then noone can scam u

Edited by Weidro

That's for you to ask the traders.

This whole thread is about safe trading, they may be lying if you can't tell the pattern because of colors.

Someone tried to sell me a lotus once, but I couldn't tell because of colors, so I asked them to screenshot it in the appearance tab of arsenal, but they said they only had imprint, so I refused to buy. 

Also going to add not to trust "resource lobbies"