Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Friend's Questions About Void Strike for Eidolon Hunts

Mahana

Question

Hi everyone. First a little background on the situation ; I have been learning and enjoying how to Eidolon hunt properly and as efficiently as possible, meaning Void Strike, Unairu Wisp, anything really to speed up the Tridolon captures. While i have yet to unlock VS, specializing in other branches, a friend of mine just maxed it. Here comes the issue ; Stacking his VS up to 16x and a little more, shooting with the secondary fire of a 2-2-3 with Virtuos Fury, through Volt Electric Shield,  he fails to even 5-shot the shields of a Teralyst. While hunting we saw plenty of players if not one-shoting the shields of Garry and Harry , at least bringing them down in mere moments. So the question is, what's wrong with my friend's VS? I could also completely rephrase that and ask you, dear pro hunters, how long do you usually charge your VS to anihilate Eido shields/ what multiplier do you see as "enough" before firing?  Should we "take turns" charging VS if possible  as i heard it was usually the solution for certain squads? And while i'm at it, is Unairu Wisp "mandatory"? Any insight on the matter is welcome. Thanks for reading.

18 answers to this question

I don't know anyone (literally) tha truns with fury instead of strike, void strike is not the only thing that buffs your damage against eidolon + you should aim for it's knee (aka weakpoint).

Also last but not least, if people are doing anything wrong aka charge vs not enough or blow them by landing with melee or start to dps for no good reason instead of Rhino/Chroma that should be doing it yeah that's where you will get some serious issues.

Цитата

Should we "take turns" charging VS if possible  as i heard it was usually the solution for certain squads?

That's a hard one to answer. If done right, it doesn't matter. Aka if everyone's well equipped and know what they're doing and stuff.

Edited by -Temp0-

2 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

I don't know anyone (literally) tha truns with fury instead of strike, void strike is not the only thing that buffs your damage against eidolon + you should aim for it's knee (aka weakpoint).

Strike is bad, Shadow is best. Rephrase that, Strike is ok but nowhere near as good.

Edited by Zilchy

18 минут назад, Zilchy сказал:

Strike is bad, Shadow is best. Rephrase that, Strike is ok but nowhere near as good.

No one runs that either because no one aims for the head during 4x3.

I honestly have no clue where these responses are coming from considering the general placements of volt's shields and the fact that amps' (that are used for eidolons) secondary fire is 15 meters or so.

Edited by -Temp0-

3 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

I honestly have no clue where these responses are coming from considering the general placements of volt's shields and the fact that amps' (that are used for eidolons) secondary fire is 15 meters or so.

Err it's pretty easy to proc mate, I use it in 5x3 all the time. What do you mean nobody aims for the head?

6 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

I honestly have no clue where these responses are coming from considering the general placements of volt's shields and the fact that amps that are used for eidolon's secondary fire is 15 meters or so.

He means that you can use your Void Dash on its head to proc Shadow. 5x3 runners does it everytime the Eidolons are about to get up.

Edited by Twilight053

6 минут назад, Zilchy сказал:

Err it's pretty easy to proc mate, I use it in 5x3 all the time. What do you mean nobody aims for the head?

Nobody does because aiming for the knee is more easier, doesn't interrupt wisps pickups, lets you do it as fast as possible and you have 0 chances to miss coupled with the fact that no one I know runs fshadow so they have no reason to do it to begin with. 

So proposing someone who's new to do it is pretty meh idea especially depending on the amp and how fast the player is (probably not at all is he has issues).

Цитата

He means that you can use your Void Dash on its head to proc Shadow. 5x3 runners does it everytime the Eidolons are about to get up.

Someone who has issues is very unlikely to come even close to 5x3 so it's a pointless. First you should concentrate on what is both easier and works 9 times out of 10 regardless of your skills for a lack of a better word.

Edited by -Temp0-

2 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Nobody does because aiming for the knee is more easier, doesn't interrupt wisps pickups, lets you do it as fast as possible and you have 0 chances to miss coupled with the fact that no one I know runs fshadow so they have no reason to do it to begin with. 

So proposing someone who's new to do it is pretty meh idea especially depending on the amp and how fast the player is (probably not at all is he has issues).

Ok yes, it is harder my way, my comment was more for you, to give you an optimal way of doing Eidolons. For a new comer, yes I agree that Fury or Strike is the way to go but if you learn the hunt and THEN want to start pushing for 5x3 or 6x3, Shadow is the way to go.

Edited by Zilchy

first of all, no, you don't need amp arcanes to do even a 5x3 cap but it will surely help the hunt

And I suspect your friend can't 5-shot the eidolons shield because

1. he / she use the amp's primary fire, always use 223's secondary fire

2. he / she shoots from a bad position, many newcomers shooting 223's secondary fire too far from the eidolon or shooting it from a wrong angle. You should stand under her crotch and blasted it from below ( while volt's shield is ideally facing upwards )

3. 16 stack is too low to oneshot an eidolons shield, most squad usually got to the plains around 10 minutes to charge their VS, resulting in 40+ VS

4. the volt player only put 1 shield. Since the damage gained from the shield stacked, it is better to put more than 1 shield unless your VS is high enough to oneshot the eidolons shield with only 1 of volt's shield

5. Unairu's wisp doubles your operators damage. Meaning that 40 VS charge will result in 80 VS charge!. Thats huge

6. if your friend has 50 VS stack, shooting from volt's shield from the right angle, grabbing unairu's wisp and have an amp arcane, it will definitely oneshot the shield. And with a good chroma, you can literally destroy a limb less in 2 seconds.

Should you take turns in using VS ? If your squad has time to charge it beforehand, then yes.

The order is usually Volt - Harrow - Trin. Volt and harrow's turn is interchangeable, but for convenience sake ( and to avoid 2 player wasting their VS obviously ) just use the order above

Why is trin the last ? because you need to shoot atleast 7 times as trin to get the lures, making all the VS you charged up wasted

But then, how about the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th round where we don't have time to charge VS ? Thats right, you don't have the luxury to charge VS until 40+ stack after the first round, thats why all three player beside chroma shoots simultaneously to bring down the eidolons shield. The chroma guy will spawn unairu's wisp that will slide to the eidolons feet ( don't forget to grab it! i will double your operator's damage ) and people charge VS whenever they can, such as after breaking the limb or when the eidolons is screaming for the vom's aid, remeber that if you managed to get 5 stack, it will becoma 10 stack with unairu's wisp

Unairu wisp isn't manditory but when you have a full squad of 4 it doesn't hurt to have damage on-top of someone's charged VS...if they can find it. it takes about 20 IRL mins to get to x100 with void strike, so typically you have two people constantly DPSing Terry while two others charge then the last two are gravy.

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/lDSAGMXrZiU

Equally VS doesn't work on splash damage it should as of right now only work on the initial point of contact (this could be a bug).

The T3 Prism or T2 scaffold paired with the T3 Brace are my preferred methods of damaging. T3 Prism does nonsense damage, but comes with the caveat of using 3 VS charges.

12 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

ummm....what? Fury and Strike still gross higher average damage than Shadow.

35 minutes ago, Synpai said:

Unairu wisp isn't manditory but when you have a full squad of 4 it doesn't hurt to have damage on-top of someone's charged VS...if they can find it. it takes about 20 IRL mins to get to x100 with void strike, so typically you have two people constantly DPSing Terry while two others charge then the last two are gravy.

Reveal hidden contents

Equally VS doesn't work on splash damage it should as of right now only work on the initial point of contact (this could be a bug).

The T3 Prism or T2 scaffold paired with the T3 Brace are my preferred methods of damaging. T3 Prism does nonsense damage, but comes with the caveat of using 3 VS charges.

edit

Edited by Zilchy

38 minutes ago, Synpai said:

Reveal hidden contents

Lol try it and tell me that again. I don't think you've ever used it properly.

Edited by Zilchy

14 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Oh really?

Then explain why everybody is shooting harry and garry's head when they just spawned in the river so you can deplete their shield and destroy their limb as soon as they show themselves. If you insisting on waiting for them to walk and shoot their knees, you will waste a massive amount of time

1 минуту назад, GunMan113 сказал:

Oh really?

Then explain why everybody is shooting harry and garry's head when they just spawned in the river so you can deplete their shield and destroy their limb as soon as they show themselves. If you insisting on waiting for them to walk and shoot their knees, you will waste a massive amount of time

Regardless of the method you don't have to wait for anything it's not like the lake is 100 kilometers wide because it takes a second for 90% of the model to show.

And it is not the method used in 90% of the recruited public groups that op runs with. So this is pretty much pointless.Someone is asking what he's doing wrong and instead of teaching him how to walk you're trying to teach him how to run instead. 

My friend and I appreciate all your feedback so far even if on some things some of you seems to disagree (as for what arcane run etc) We're indeed still beginners running in public groups since there's not even of us to make a full squad ^^ But nonetheless learning as you all do is priceless.

17 hours ago, SaidTheRogue said:

I'm at work so can't look.. What's unairu wisp? Another focus school talent? So far I've not really even touched anything outside of zenurik and madurai

Its a skill from Unairu. When your operator uses void blast, a wisp will spawn and if picked up will double the damage your operator dealt