Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leaching

Proximaz

2 minutes ago, Ginkawa said:

if possible, thats a pretty screwed up bug. 

I have gone public into PoE twice, without taking a bounty.

First time it was a fun fishing party with 3 other guys, exchanging info on lures and fishing locations.

Second time I was thrown into a bounty with 3 others and in order to avoid being labeled a leech I felt like I have to tag along.

2 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

First time it was a fun fishing party with 3 other guys, exchanging info on lures and fishing locations.

Second time I was thrown into a bounty with 3 others and in order to avoid being labeled a leech I felt like I have to tag along.

just do your own thing I once spawned when people were doing a bounty and I just went fishing, didn't get accused for leaching

Just now, BlazGaming said:

what are incursions? are those the ones with the red backgrounds when you complete them?

They are random missions that happen in the plains.

If you go free roam into the plains (or hang around in the plains after finishing a bounty) then Lotus will pop up saying there's a mission (same type of mission used for bounties) and to go somewhere on the map to start it. If you don't go and start it then it ends after a certain amount of time.

I just think this is more likely what you are seeing than entering someone's bounty mission when you haven't chosen to do a bounty.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

If you go free roam into the plains (or hang around in the plains after finishing a bounty) then Lotus will pop up saying there's a mission (same type of mission used for bounties) and to go somewhere on the map to start it. If you don't go and start it then it ends after a certain amount of time.

I just think this is more likely what you are seeing than entering someone's bounty mission when you haven't chosen to do a bounty.

yea...

1 hour ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Not an incursion, a full bounty with the stages and all, happens.

I honestly feel like this topic is blown out of proportion a lot. I very rarely encounter a "leech", and when I do it's almost never an issue. There is already an existing system for people being AFK, and that's the only thing I ever had an issue with in the first place. When I do bounties, I just play Zephyr and finish all the objective in about 10 minutes.

I personally don't need other players in my squad to help finish the mission. I don't really care if they help or fish, I'm getting the mission done at the same rate.

I think some people get overly salty about someones contribution to the mission. Outside of Tridolon, this game is pretty casual. Because of that, I don't think there needs to be so much toxicity towards other players that might not be helping very much.

If you're really worried about it, requiting chat is very helpful in finding players you want to be on the same page as you. 

5 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

Happened to me a few times, as a newbie, before I realised you could switch between solo and public play.

6 hours ago, K1ngR1chard said:

The worst is when your PC is a potato and takes years to fully load into the plains, then the others are already progressed in the mission and accuse you of leeching but you haven't even seen gameplay yet.

I don't think its just a potato PC problem. I have a pretty decent rig, but am nearly always 30 seconds or so behind everyone else in the group.

Cetus doors open and everyone else is already 200-300m away. I am absolutely ALWAYS the last out.

25 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

I don't think its just a potato PC problem. I have a pretty decent rig, but am nearly always 30 seconds or so behind everyone else in the group.

Cetus doors open and everyone else is already 200-300m away. I am absolutely ALWAYS the last out.

Could be internet connectivity issues on your side.

Or maybe you are just unlucky and always get the 4th slot.

If you look at the player list on your squad, there’s a small number that tells you the order on which players joined the squad. 1 is always the host, 2 the first one that joined, etc.

If you’re 4th, that is pretty common.

12 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Bad parenting on your part.

Each to their own.  Hes a very happy smart boy, but im not getting into a parenting debate.

Could be worse.  Could be much worse really.

Do you have kids at all?  If you did you should know a 5yr olds reading ability, while ok, isnt exactly up to scratch.  Secondly, like a kid is going to sit there reading the chat box lmao.  More fun things to do, like sliding around my liset

Ive caught him watching worse things on "kids" rated Youtube videos.  Im much more concerned with them then violent video games to be frank.

12 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

(and expect more from other players)

Please dont EXPECT anything from anyone.  No one owes you anything.  If you expect random people on the internet to be "better" then you are in for a rough ride my friend.

The older more mature players know how to create squads that suit their needs.

HAHA, im getting carried away here.

What this game NEEDS is something other games have implemented, Vote to Kick option.  If its a leach, terrible person etc you click to remove from group. Other members get option to agree. If they do, the person is punted from group.

This game has alot of leaches, would go a long way to improve game experience.

12 minutes ago, SweetScreams said:

What this game NEEDS is something other games have implemented, Vote to Kick option.  If its a leach, terrible person etc you click to remove from group. Other members get option to agree. If they do, the person is punted from group.

This game has alot of leaches, would go a long way to improve game experience.

This game doesn't NEED a vote kick system. DE said they will never bring this out and good on them for not. What this game could do with is actually dealing with the issue instead of VOTE KICK or clogging up the support page with player leeching reports.

22 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

This game doesn't NEED a vote kick system. DE said they will never bring this out and good on them for not. What this game could do with is actually dealing with the issue instead of VOTE KICK or clogging up the support page with player leeching reports.

Yes it NEEDS it, works wonders in other games. Would solve the issue, and remove any reports clogging up anything for leeching. Remove the problem, not treat the symptom. Why DE is being stubborn about it is the question

1 minute ago, SweetScreams said:

Yes it NEEDS it, works wonders in other games. Would solve the issue, and remove any reports clogging up anything for leeching. Remove the problem, not treat the symptom. Why DE is being stubborn about it is the question

As I said, DE said it would never bring in a vote kick system so it's better to talk about other ways to fix the issue instead of claiming what the game 'needs'

I don't really see the big deal.  For me I can solo with ease the bounties so people wanna  fish or just do nothing it doesn't really bug me when it comes to plains. Sorties on the other hand I can't stand the leeching.

Edited by puppycorpse

3 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

As I said, DE said it would never bring in a vote kick system so it's better to talk about other ways to fix the issue instead of claiming what the game 'needs'

One hopes they will see reason and change their minds. If not vote to kick, then some in game system so people can either ban the leech from ever being in a group with them again, flag them and they have 20secs to respond or they get disconnected from group etc. This is something other players can easily manage themselves if we are given the tools ingame.

1 hour ago, SweetScreams said:

One hopes they will see reason and change their minds. If not vote to kick, then some in game system so people can either ban the leech from ever being in a group with them again, flag them and they have 20secs to respond or they get disconnected from group etc. This is something other players can easily manage themselves if we are given the tools ingame.

Thankfully DE have already 'seen reason' and know a vote-kick system is not a good idea. 🙂

Correct me if I am wrong but when it comes to bounties isnt it like you have to be in vicinity (yellow circle on map) at least once to get the reward? I dont know I just read it somewhere and dont really care because I play with friends only on plains so....

16 hours ago, SweetScreams said:

You know how many Saryn/Equinox/Mesa/Atterax abusers I'd have on my ban list if that was allowed, because I refuse to play with spin2win and press-4-to-win abusers? Or how many people you or I would be in the ban list of, because we weren't playing according to their standards?

That's why it's never been implemented to this day, and chances are good it never will.

Also, people are against vote kick, because it would be easily abused. Someone not leeching or abusing mechanics to cheese the game, yet aren't playing exactly to team standards? Let's mess up their day on this lengthy farming mission by booting them and taking away their rewards!

Edited by Pizzarugi

14 hours ago, SweetScreams said:

Why in the world are you against vote to kick. It works wonders in games it's used in.

Because it promotes elistist, meta-gamers power to kick anyone 'not playing the right way' more than it helps grouping.

IME, vote-kick is not fun in most games for anyone other than the meta-gamers that think every team has to be the more efficient for the task and want to force that on everyone else.

Fun is subjective. Meta-gaming and 'perfect groups' to 'maximize rewards' does not equate to fun for everyone.

1 hour ago, Zimzala said:

Because it promotes elistist, meta-gamers power to kick anyone 'not playing the right way' more than it helps grouping.

IME, vote-kick is not fun in most games for anyone other than the meta-gamers that think every team has to be the more efficient for the task and want to force that on everyone else.

Fun is subjective. Meta-gaming and 'perfect groups' to 'maximize rewards' does not equate to fun for everyone.

It also turns games into a second job.