Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Mot, Void: A Few Do and Don't

4 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

It's not an obvious feature, so it's not a dumb question. 

All a prime warframe has to do is brush against (be less than a meter or two) an orb when you see one and are low on energy. I don't recall how much, but it's not trivial. I use them to initially power up a warframe like TrinP, who potentially has high activation costs. Otherwise, they're just handy to fill up when available. 

They are the large laser and knockdown orbs--Death Orbs.

Has really nothing to do with EV Trins. In my experience, EV Trins don't fare well in higher survivals, unless someone else is covering them closely. What you will see is Link/Blessing Trins running Abating Link and high strength. These tend to have high activation costs and if you've pushed your energy pool too far (like a dip into QT) a convenient Death Orb means a quick boost and back on the EV/Bless/Link rotation. 

Each Orb will provide one boost for each prime warframe. Once you've used on, don't bother going back. They might be on some sort of timer, but if so it's more than 20min. 

Sitting here thinking about it, I can't recall if ValkP can draw on an Orb in Hysteria or not...I'm inclined to think not. I don't typically spend lots of time in Hysteria, sooo...can't think of an instance offhand. However, each Orb is one shot, and there aren't that many of them, so they're not going to be a everlasting source of energy no matter what the situation. 

Very solid information.  Thank you

I wasnt talking about an EV Trin but just her second, EV.  ALthough you are right, being a once off use, the orbs arent exactly going to change anyones playstyle much.

I have to jump on tonight and check if the Orbs work in Prowl and in Hysteria.

Off topic a bit...

Abating link is the prefered augment over Vampire leech? Does it stack with CP?

Since coming back I dont think im going to run Hysteria Valk anymore, I think Warcry Valk would be a better fit.

58 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Last I checked prowl is supposed to end when you bullet jump, if it doesn't then that was a bug. 

It's actually a feature, not a bug. Accordingly to the wiki:

• Most maneuvers do not interfere with Prowl. However, Sprinting, Sliding, and Bullet Jumping will break the cloak. Ivara will not re-cloak until the ability is used again.
    • More specifically, the cloak will be exited when the corresponding keys for Sprinting, Sliding and Bullet Jumping are pressed, not when the maneuvers are actually executed.
    • Bullet Jumping while on the ground without using directional keys however will not break the cloak.
    • Rolling will increase the energy drain to its maximum value, even if no directional keys are used.
    • Prowl does not suffer movement speed penalties when moving through ziplines, and sprinting or sliding on zip lines will not break Prowl's cloak.

My thread on this, with a video exemplifying:

24 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

You're right, I totally forgot to mention that earlier. There is some kind of bug though and I think it has something to do with other players' movement. I've seen my Prowl get cancelled and it's still working. I have to toggle it on and off a few times to get it in synch with the UI. I think it could be lag and overheating consoles, at least on PS4.

On a side note: I'm trying to give credit where it is due, but some of the names are not showing up in the auto-select thingamabob. 

I did some tests last night, and the actual bug that was very clear and easy to reproduce is that if you are NOT the host, she always loses prowl.

If you're hosting, you're fine and you can bullet jump ( read above for the condition or check my video on the other thread )

18 hours ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

I have to jump on tonight and check if the Orbs work in Prowl and in Hysteria.

Abating link is the prefered augment over Vampire leech? Does it stack with CP?

Since coming back I dont think im going to run Hysteria Valk anymore, I think Warcry Valk would be a better fit.

They won't work with Prowl because there's no Ivara Prime (yet). I'd like a definitive answer with ValkyP myself; might jump on here in a bit and see for sure...it's for sure. She does draw energy from Death Orbs while in Hysteria. 

Abating Link is very much preferred over Vampire Leech when grineer are on the menu and you're looking at substantial enemy levels. If not, then it mostly is a matter of personal preference. It does stack with CP, but it's pretty easy to hit the required 223% power strength to completely strip armor. AL is taken into consideration after CP, so if you're got a dedicated team running 4xCP, then AL isn't going to accomplish anything. 

I like Warcry Valk, especially when she's on her own. I use Hysteria. It's an important tool, but I don't build around staying in it as long as possible. There are some specific circumstances that could require that, but for the most part it's unnecessary and rather confining. Frankly, I don't normally use warframe augments on Valkyr except in exotic circumstances; I prefer stacking health (Primed Vigor) and sometimes armor (Armored Agility). 

Edit: Haven't played ValkyrP in a while...and she does draw energy from Death Orbs while in Hysteria. Enjoy!

Edited by Sloan441

3 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

I like Warcry Valk, especially when she's on her own. I use Hysteria. It's an important tool, but I don't build around staying in it as long as possible

you build you Valk so that you can use is a an OH**** button and for HP regen (so don't go to negative on efficiency).   

3 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

I don't normally use warframe augments on Valkyr except in exotic circumstances; I prefer stacking health (Primed Vigor) and sometimes armor (Armored Agility). 

Eternal war is almost a must (warcry costs too much and is too short) also use the gladiator mods as they provide mini blood rush to her claws (at 50% base crit it is very effective)

additionally, she does extremely well with the Umbral mods one build option (I would use a duration or another strength mod over stream lin in this instance)

unknown.png

1 hour ago, spirit_of_76 said:

Eternal war is almost a must (warcry costs too much and is too short) also use the gladiator mods as they provide mini blood rush to her claws (at 50% base crit it is very effective)

additionally, she does extremely well with the Umbral mods one build option (I would use a duration or another strength mod over stream lin in this instance)

I don't really agree. For most things, you don't need Eternal War. It comes into its own with long endless missions combined with the better melee weapons. However, for most things on the starchart it isn't really necessary and it's one less thing to manage when you're just out 'doing stuff.' 

The Umbral warframe mods have real possibilities, but the energy costs are brutal and the fact you can't forma for their polarity just causes chaos with modding strategies. I've been thinking about using regular Valkyr as a test bed for them, but...kinda waiting on further developments. 

13 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

he fact you can't forma for their polarity just causes chaos with modding strategies.

This is the reason i only use two Umbral Mods in my Valkyr Prime. I got all of those Umbral Mods fully ranked up and since DE is not making Umbral Polarities and they cost 16 each, Putting a third one is a waste of space. Valkyr Prime is one of those frames that can use Umbral mods though and can make her Tankier than normal but the lack of Polarities for those mods = lots of formas and build adjusting.

1 hour ago, VPrime96 said:

I got all of those Umbral Mods fully ranked up

I did not which saves me 6 drain (about 1 mod) and lets me have 10K EHP with warcry

2 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

For most things, you don't need Eternal War.

true but it is still a QOL buff for some non-endless missions

8 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

I use Hysteria. It's an important tool, but I don't build around staying in it as long as possible

This is what i plan to do with it.  Use it as an OH **** button

8 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

They won't work with Prowl because there's no Ivara Prime

Oh stop reminding me lol

Thanks for the reply.  I might not use any augments for Trinity I think after reading that, might just slot another MOD

Whats the best way to play Trin P?

I usually concentrate on using EV as much as possible and keeping Blessing active for the whole duration.  My aim is to make sure everyone has enough energy to use their powers willy nilly and to keep up everyones health and damage reduction.  Blessing has a 75% reduction on incoming damage which i have lasting for 18 secs.  So in between uses i sapm EV and Link in between letting the Soma P mow down waves.

No ones complained yet lol

Really have to get back into Valk P.  I forma'd her (4 times now) and shes stuck on LVL 16 because i couldnt be bothered. Probably wont play her again until i get the Eternal War Augment.  Which means i need to level Perrin Sequence, which means i need a darned Venka P Gauntlet.  Those things are so hard to get!!

16 minutes ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

which means i need a darned Venka P Gauntlet.  Those things are so hard to get!!

I hated getting these things too and Valkyr Prime is getting Vaulted soon so i hope you have enough luck for the Venka Prime.

The problem about Vaulting Valkyr Prime is all of her Parts is a Rare Drop and her BP is Common. So New Players won't have a easy time getting her after she goes into the Vault if DE don't increase the drop chance of her Parts.

2 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

I hated getting these things too and Valkyr Prime is getting Vaulted soon so i hope you have enough luck for the Venka Prime.

The problem about Vaulting Valkyr Prime is all of her Parts is a Rare Drop and her BP is Common. So New Players won't have a easy time getting her after she goes into the Vault if DE don't increase the drop chance of her Parts.

What happens to the Venka P if Valk gets vaulted?  Shouldnt affect it at all should it?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

What happens to the Venka P if Valk gets vaulted?  Shouldnt affect it at all should it?

The Relics for the Venka Prime won't be farmable through the Reward Table but it's farmable if someone bring the Relics that got a Venka Prime part Included. 

6 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

The Relics for the Venka Prime won't be farmable through the Reward Table but it's farmable if someone bring the Relics that got a Venka Prime part Included. 

oh no

AXI V7s are hard enough to get.  Looks like ill have to trade for the Gauntlet.  Current price is 50-60 plat by the looks.

I have the Valkyr prime part needed for final rank of Perrin Sequence but man that friggin Gauntlet!!

Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT:  Venka P Gauntlet is 25-50 plat on PS4 sorry.  Not too bad really

Edited by (PS4)brettles1983

8 minutes ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

I have the Valkyr prime part needed for final rank of Perrin Sequence but man that friggin Gauntlet!!

I am kinda glad she will be vaulted soon as Perrin Sequence  has the most expensive part requirements of any of the 4 syndicates that I am in an axi rare for the 2 to last rank??!?!?!

16 hours ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Whats the best way to play Trin P?

The best way to play her? 

Well, I've always been partial to the Link/Blessing builds. Presently, that means using Abating Link, since I tend to use her in tougher missions and prefer fighting grineer when possible. 

I build for duration and strength, while keeping range at 100%. This means low efficiency (45% or thereabouts) and high activation costs. If you forego Abating Link, then you can increase range (for Link) and get efficiency back under control, but since you can recharge energy on demand efficiency is probably your least important stat. 

The goal is to keep Link up as close to 100% of the time as possible. It's your primary means of damage reduction, gives you status immunity (mostly), and allows you to reflect both damage and status effects on enemies linked to you. Also, Abating Link means enemies linked to you have no armor and are easily dealt with by your weapons. 

Blessing is the next most important ability. This gives your team (assuming they're in affinity range) up to 75% DR (depending on strength) and restores health (important) and shields (nice). If you have Link up, it gives you something around 89% DR, which makes Trin very tough indeed. 

EV is what keeps all this working. I tend to spam it, since I'm paranoid about energy reserves and use of Abating Link at full power (223+% strength) means your powers have high activation costs because of Blind Rage. I also use QT, so...I keep energy at max as much as possible. That and team members sometimes find themselves in S#&$storms and may need multiple Blessings in succession to get them out of whatever trouble they've found. 

7 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

The best way to play her? 

Well, I've always been partial to the Link/Blessing builds. Presently, that means using Abating Link, since I tend to use her in tougher missions and prefer fighting grineer when possible. 

I build for duration and strength, while keeping range at 100%. This means low efficiency (45% or thereabouts) and high activation costs. If you forego Abating Link, then you can increase range (for Link) and get efficiency back under control, but since you can recharge energy on demand efficiency is probably your least important stat. 

The goal is to keep Link up as close to 100% of the time as possible. It's your primary means of damage reduction, gives you status immunity (mostly), and allows you to reflect both damage and status effects on enemies linked to you. Also, Abating Link means enemies linked to you have no armor and are easily dealt with by your weapons. 

Blessing is the next most important ability. This gives your team (assuming they're in affinity range) up to 75% DR (depending on strength) and restores health (important) and shields (nice). If you have Link up, it gives you something around 89% DR, which makes Trin very tough indeed. 

EV is what keeps all this working. I tend to spam it, since I'm paranoid about energy reserves and use of Abating Link at full power (223+% strength) means your powers have high activation costs because of Blind Rage. I also use QT, so...I keep energy at max as much as possible. That and team members sometimes find themselves in S#&$storms and may need multiple Blessings in succession to get them out of whatever trouble they've found. 

Perfect.

This is pretty much exactly how i use her except i have vamp leech aug instead (havent got abating link yet) 

I agree with your thoughts on efficiency to a point, until you realise you havent got enough energy to activate your EV and have to hope enough orbs drop before link and blessing wear off....

Heres a question though, for Trins blessing ability, what is her actual affinity aura and how is it measured?

14 hours ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

I agree with your thoughts on efficiency to a point, until you realise you havent got enough energy to activate your EV and have to hope enough orbs drop before link and blessing wear off....

Heres a question though, for Trins blessing ability, what is her actual affinity aura and how is it measured?

There are a couple of ways around the efficiency issues of the Abating-Link/Blessing Trin. The high activation cost imposed by Blind Rage is the primary reason I'm paranoid about energy reserves and spam EV to keep my reserves at 637 as much as possible--and I run Primed Flow (hence the 637).

If you do manage to run dry, you have options: 

You can drop restores and get on with things. I usually keep 200+ of all types of large restores on hand. They're there to be used. 

You can go operator mode, especially if you're running Zenurik, and both begin to recharge energy and get out of whatever dicey situation you've found. 

You can run the Augur set build and rid yourself of the penalty of Blind Rage. This means some mod juggling, but it opens up some new possibilities. I've found myself lacking Augur Secrets (very necessary), so need to fix that and then we'll see (probably means losing QT, but that's not a huge deal). 

If I recall correctly, affinity range is 50m. If you see your teammates have the 'in range' icon by their names on your UI, they're in range for Blessing. 

Edited by Sloan441