Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

IDEA: Disassembling Zaws

Hwoop

People should be able to disassemble zaws to get at least just the strike back in case they can't get whatever they made it with anymore. For example: making a zaw with your only Plague Kripath and a Vargeet II Jai by accident when you meant to use a Vargeet Jai II and you can no longer make the weapon you wanted.

Hell yes. Should've been this way from day one.

It's not even hard to program-- If a player has an un-gilded zaw, then they should be able to destroy that zaw to return the Strike+Grip+Link. Then the player can create a new R0 zaw out of them.

Edited by SortaRandom

Unfortunately I don't see that happening anytime soon.  We have mods and arcanes that we can't downgrade.  I do really feel your pain on burning your Kripath strike however, I've made and replaced 4-5 different Zaw weapons due to a riven roll that better suits a different min-max config.  Not to mention the Cat and forma invested.

It's all in the name of Grindframe, is there anyway you can do a work around w/ a riven?

Worst case I'd suggest maybe creating a service ticket with DE support, they've fixed people accidentally selling 'one of a kind' items before in the past.

Good luck mate

4 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Hell yes. Should've been this way from day one.

It's not even hard to program-- If a player has an un-gilded zaw, then they should be able to destroy that zaw to return the Strike+Grip+Link. Then the player can create a new R0 zaw out of them.

Personally I think it shouldn't be un-gilded zaws only, because, disassembling not being out from day one, one would probably gild their undesired no-longer-obtainable zaw just because it's the only no-longer-obtainable they have.

More than Zaws I'd appreciate Amps. Materials for Zaw aren't that hard to get nowadays, but oof the amps...

But to approve your point: what makes a zaw mostly is the blade, in fact you get the riven for the blade and the MR affinity, same for the amps. I would suggest that you can change anything but the amp and the blade of those things and yeah. At the beginning of the zaws I made the same exact mistake with the vargeet and also there weren't any stat indicators back then, so imagine the confusion :3

Edited by Asdryu

23 minutes ago, Hwoop said:

People should be able to disassemble zaws to get at least just the strike back in case they can't get whatever they made it with anymore.

There is a reason for [DE] having allowed you to preview your Zaw`s performance before crafting it. There are also 3rd party sites which help with this. I dont see reasons for [DE] to allow Zaw disassembly and even if they did make it, the Strike would lose any level, gilding and forma placed on it, acting as if it was brand new again. Or were you thinking they would allow you to throw in your lvl 30, gilded 3 forma strike on another weapon?

21 minutes ago, Hwoop said:

For example: making a zaw with your only Plague Kripath and a Vargeet II Jai by accident when you meant to use a Vargeet Jai II and you can no longer make the weapon you wanted.

Thats why the blueprints for those parts were cheap and players (at least the intelligent ones) got more than 1 BP of each in case they wanted to make future experiments.

I crafted 4 different Zaws with the event parts of which 2 had 1 of each strike and still held on to additional 5 BPs of each.

13 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

There is a reason for [DE] having allowed you to preview your Zaw`s performance before crafting it. There are also 3rd party sites which help with this. I dont see reasons for [DE] to allow Zaw disassembly and even if they did make it, the Strike would lose any level, gilding and forma placed on it, acting as if it was brand new again. Or were you thinking they would allow you to throw in your lvl 30, gilded 3 forma strike on another weapon?

Yeah, because this game is very easy to understand and new player friendly and everyone goes to 3rd party sites to research.

Try to look at this from a new player standpoint.  Many new players have no idea what the heck they are looking at with those stats, so previewing doesn't mean anything. This game is not new player friendly and a lot of mistakes will be made. Not everyone is aware or uses 3rd party resources. Some just focus on just playing the game and not having to rely on outside sources.  I don't see any downsides to having an option for disassembling IMO

Edited by ShinTechG

37 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

There is a reason for [DE] having allowed you to preview your Zaw`s performance before crafting it.

Looking at a weapon's stats doesn't tell us how it feels to use. There are numerous factors not taken into account by this "preview", e.g. range, hitbox behaviour, slam radius, etc etc. Hok's window doesn't tell us anything about this, and our beloved Semlar doesn't tell us anything about this.

I think that the "preview" should be the weapon's ungilded state itself. You take some parts, throw a weapon together, and test it out-- and if you like the way it behaves, you permanently "lock the stats in" by gilding. Otherwise, you can break them down and try a different combination.
This is how I think modular weapons should be in this game. The current system (where the stats are perma-locked the instant you haphazardly duct-tape the parts together) kinda defeats the whole point of modular weapons in the first place.

Edited by SortaRandom

5 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Looking at a weapon's stats doesn't tell us how it feels to use. There are numerous factors not taken into account by this "preview", e.g. range, hitbox behaviour, slam radius, etc etc. Hok's window doesn't tell us anything about this, and our beloved Semlar doesn't tell us anything about this.

I think that the "preview" should be the weapon's ungilded state itself. You take some parts, throw a weapon together, and test it out-- and if you like the way it behaves, you permanently "lock the stats in" by gilding. Otherwise, you can break them down and try a different combination.
This is how I think modular weapons should be in this game. The current system (where the stats are perma-locked the instant you haphazardly duct-tape the parts together) kinda defeats the whole point of modular weapons in the first place.

well i can agree to this

on paper vs on field ussually yield a different result especially consider the plague series weapon

I disagree because it can be exploited.  Create zaw, dismantle, keep the same grip and link and exchange strikes to speed level zaws for mastery rank so you basically only farmed for one grip and one link.  However, I think that at the SIMCRUM, there should be an option to test out various weapons and mods, for those that don't have it so that they can test it out and see if they like it etc.  Yes, I understand there are youtube videos, warframe builder, etc, but for those that do not want master rank and just want to have fun, there should be that option since this is a grind, it would be displeasing to grind for a weapon that everyone hyped and then not like it even though everyone else likes it, etc.  Like the Lex Prime, I hate the Lex Prime, even with negative recoil mods and negative recoil on the riven, I hate it.  But back to the topic; no, no disassembling, if you made a mistake, that's on you.  

11 minutes ago, Dopekoke said:

I disagree because it can be exploited.  Create zaw, dismantle, keep the same grip and link and exchange strikes to speed level zaws for mastery rank so you basically only farmed for one grip and one link.

Zaws only increase MR when they're gilded. And, aside from OP, most of us pro-disassembly folks feel that disassembly should only be available for ungilded zaws.

except the fact that if you truly want to test it, you have to gild it in order to put in a catalyst and forma, hence why I suggested to be able to use it fully in the simcrum, that way you won't have to grind for a link or grip that you actually don't like because you can't test out a weapon with only a 30 mod capacity especially if you want to use the primed mods.  

Why not just make Zaw parts blueprints reusable? That would encourage much more Zaw experimentation, and you'd still need to grind for materials/assembly/gilding.

It would also work much better for event Zaw parts, which there should probably be more of. Plus you could have Zaw parts you can only get once from a specific quest - something that works really well for frames because you only need one of each.