Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sergeant

(PSN)NachoZissou

I'm a bit conflicted about this because I like an easy sortie but I feel like The Sergeant is a bad joke of a sortie boss. It's just a slightly enlarged Corpus that has no health and doesn't seem to do anything other than delay the inevitable by pointlessly cloaking themselves. 

I remember the first time I fought Ambulas and after all the build up it was just a small black MOA, I think I laughed aloud in disbelief. It's the same thing with The Sergeant but unlike Ambulas it's untouched. 

Well past time for a rework. 

Well yeah, it's definitely no secret that he's really just there as a placeholder for Nef Anyo. Who incidentally is going to be the main villain of Fortuna, Hopefully we'll finally get a proper boss fight for him in the coming future.

Edited by rapt0rman

He used to be 'sergeant' Nef Anyo, until Nef got a 'character' revamp without an actual boss fight to go with it, and so the generic boss was renamed to avoid confusion.

As was said, will probably be replaced by Nef Anyo sometime in the future whenever he gets a boss fight proper.

12 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Well yeah, it's definitely no secret that he's really just there as a placeholder for Nef Anyo. Who incidentally is going to be the main villain of Fortuna, Hopefully we'll finally get a proper boss fight for him in the coming future.

Let's hope so, I don't expect them to halt progressing with new ideas to improve all the old content but The Sergeant really is laughably basic. Even just sticking a couple of high level bursas in there as his guardians would do the trick if they didn't fancy thinking about it too much. 

1 minute ago, Uthael said:

I'd prefer if Nef Anyo starts throwing expensive tech at us while non-chalantly commenting at random.

Not fighting him in person. Not his style.

Maybe a kind of informal survival set in a custom arena like Ambulas has, without specified waves but an army of the same type of enemy gets thrown at you for x amount of time, finished off with a redesigned The Sergeant appearing flanked by two eximus bursas.