Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why DE never publish the ID Ban list?

jxtichi012

I mean the one who really do their worst and get permanent ban. The one can never recover their account. 

Other game company have such thread to show this kind of ban list, but in Warframe I never saw this one.

For someone who need examples,

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/349898-countermeasures-against-forbidden-modifications/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-7760701

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745034405

https://vacbanned.com/listing/banned

For someone need reason,

In my country China, it is normal that game company publish the ID ban list each month for who violate which rules. 

And their is a serious problem in Chinese Global build player. Many new players first time play this game and charge platinum by use the third party platform. 

The reason is it is normal for the Chinese player who charge the other game on the universal third party platform (This platform more looks like ebay or Amazon.)

Why? it is cheaper then the official price and the seller use the stolen credit card to sell these platinum to these new players.

And when new players get these illegal platinum, they go to the trading channel and buy like thousand platinum price Riven mod.

When DE check the account, the one who sell the mod get banned(because of the negative platinum). The buyer, we do not know whether banned or not, or maybe open another account and keep buying the illegal platinum, or just change to other games.

Veteran players always keep telling the new player do not buy platinum from third party platform and report the one who already buy the illegal platinum. But it is only in the Chinese forum,  the effect is limited. Many new player never go to forum to know about these.

Even we have a longer warning in the Chinese trading channel, they still never read.

Here is the warning compare to the original English one.

English one

- Trading is done within the Dojo at a Trading Post or in Maroo's Bazaar.
- You can invite non-members of your clan to your Dojo to trade.
- Not all items can be Traded. Set up shop in Maroo's Bazaar to see what you can offer and buy!
- You must have a Mastery Rank of 2 or higher in order to trade.

Note: We do not enforce trades for promises, clan membership, and other favors. Trade for items only.

Chinese one

欢迎来到交易频道

-交易可通过氏族道场中的交易机或 Maroo 的市集(位于火星)来进行。
-不是所有的道具都可以进行交易。
-您可以邀请非氏族成员的玩家到您的道场进行交易。
-您必须达到精通段位二(包括段位二)以上才能交易。
-在频道中贴出道具链接:输入括号[],并在括号间输入道具名称,会自动跳出相关道具可供选择。
-我们并不强制玩家履行交易承诺、氏族名额或是赠与等交易行为。
-交易内容只限于游戏中的道具。
-希望您能在交易时多多注意,在确保交易无误后再进行确认,避免出现交易中给您带来的不便以及误会。
-严禁RMT(现实金钱交易)行为,这将导致帐号被禁封。

Translated

Welcome to the trading channel

-Trading is done within the Dojo at a Trading Post or in Maroo's Bazaar. (on Mars).
- Not all items can be traded.
- You can invite non-members of your clan to your Dojo to trade.
- You must have a Mastery Rank of 2 or higher in order to trade. (including Mastery Rank of 2).
- How to Post the item link in the channel: Enter the brackets [], and then enter the item name between the brackets, it will automatically jump out the relevant items to choose from.
- We do not force players to perform trading commitments, clan quotas or gifting.
- The trading items are only limited to the items in the game.
- I hope that you can pay more attention to the trading and confirm it after ensuring the trading is correct, to avoid the inconvenience and misunderstanding caused by the trading.
- RMT (real money trading) behavior is strictly prohibited, which will result in the account being banned.

Well good players read it all and remember it. 
And when you report it, most of time DE will not tell you they really ban the player or not. They only tell you"thank you for the report." Then nothing more.

This cause the player feel unsafe when trade with the new players or low rank players. They always ask where did you get the platinum, if the answer is illegal platinum. ignore and report.

But not all player will do this, they get banned like several weeks later and forget the one's ID who bought his items.

So I want the list is that I want to know DE is really acting on these behavior.  Not just "thank you for the reporting".

Or if can not publish the list, just give the result to these people who help report.  

Or just publish the list in sub-form like you can not leave comment area.

I am not here for justice or knight behavior, just need feedback on DE is really acting on ban the right one not the wrong one.

(DE has two kind of ban, one is protective ban like IP unstable or account being stolen, and the other is permanent ban, which means really really bad guys. Hide protective ban is fine, but for bad guys please I really want the result.)

Thank you.

Edited by jxtichi012
edit examples and reason

I have never seen a ban list on any games official forums, it would serve no useful purpose; most half decent companies have strict no name and shame policies in place. Sure, you can find a list of vac bans and head over to evenbalance to see punkbuster bans, but never on official forums. I am sure there may be some shoddy companies that publish lists, but they are not likely to be games I would play.

2 minutes ago, jxtichi012 said:

But how to explain other game company have this. They also have globe games. They are rich enough?

What other companies still does this, though.

Normally IP addresses are not considered private, since they are public information freely shared with every computer you connect to. I mean if I host a game, I have the IP address of every player who joins it.

But, according to the new GDPR laws in the EU, IP has to be treated as private information. It means that it can only be shared if consent is given. A regular EULA agreement is enough to be considered consent. But it also means you can request of everyone who your IP is shared with if you consent, and that you can opt out at any time, if you no longer want it to be shared. So within the EU there is just suddenly a lot of bureaucracy involved, and honestly I can't imagine anyone feels that it would be worth the trouble to share it.

3 minutes ago, CriticalFumble said:

Maybe they practice what they preach on the name and shame issue?  

Seems more civilized than the digital equivelent of severed heads on spikes to show how fierce they are.  

There's no naming involved with an IP address, though. It's just an identifier of your router on the Internet. It is not associated with you as a person in any way, expect for your ISP.

People already think they are awesome and "so bad" getting a short-term ban (they aren't) Imagine if they had a means like this to advertise their stupidity? It would serve no purpose and it would encourage (the really dumb ones who aren't bad at all) to do whatever they could to get on the list, as many times as possible.. because that's what internet bad-asses are like. (ie: idiots)

8 minutes ago, HexCaliber said:

I have never seen a ban list on any games official forums, it would serve no useful purpose; most half decent companies have strict no name and shame policies in place. Sure, you can find a list of vac bans and head over to evenbalance to see punkbuster bans, but never on official forums. I am sure there may be some shoddy companies that publish lists, but they are not likely to be games I would play.

Here is an example from other game.

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/349898-countermeasures-against-forbidden-modifications/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-7760701

I wish I can can see one just like this.

4 minutes ago, jxtichi012 said:

What does the average user get out of this though. Other than just being reassured the devs are fighting the good fight?

If a company does that, then that is exceptionally petty, and, to the worst of them, it creates a "wall of fame" of sorts.

If you really want to "hurt" those that do the most wrong, you don't give them the time of day, you don't spread their name, and you leave them to rot in the shadows as you push them from your mind.

Looking over that topic on that other forum... that is seriously f***ed up.

That is not a healthy community in the slightest if they think that is the right thing to do.

Edited by Sean

I guess I understand from a "can I check the list to see if the guy I reported is banned" mentality, as a way to hold DE to account.

P.C gamers are well aware of hackers and cheats running riot and still being around after they've been reported; so in that sense I do get it.

On the other hand, I understand the possible negative side to it; which could see people being harassed away from Warframe....that, or you may simply make more people aware of these (potential) hackers and point them towards those who can provide that kind of software, where otherwise they would have remained anonymous. 

Edited by (PS4)RhinoCharging00

1 minute ago, (PS4)RhinoCharging00 said:

I guess I understand from a "can I check the list to see if the guy I reported is banned" mentality, as a way to hold DE to account.

P.C gamers are well aware of hackers and cheats running riot and still being around after they've been reported; so in that sense I do get it.

On the other hand, I understand the possible negative side to it.

Yes, just like this reason. If the evidence is enough to ban it. But we can not get the feedback. I think the one who reported this will feel shame on the support.

23 minutes ago, jxtichi012 said:

Let me simply ask.
Why?
What's the point? The job is done and public beheading is barbaric. Let DE handle it and move on.

46 minutes ago, RetroNomad said:

Let me simply ask.
Why?
What's the point? The job is done and public beheading is barbaric. Let DE handle it and move on.

After several month you find the one you reported is still alive. And DE is still response "thank you for the report".  

We really need the feedback like this to know the report is useful and not just "thank you for the report". 

Just now, jxtichi012 said:

We really need the feedback like this to know the report is useful and not just "thank you for the report". 

No, we don't need this. If you are specifically looking through names to make sure your report "punished" someone, you held a grudge or get off on punishing others and should rethink the situation.

2 minutes ago, jxtichi012 said:

After several month you find the one you reported is still alive. And DE is still response "thank you for the report".  

If they are still active then there's a reason. Either you didn't provide enough through screen shots/video and chat logs or DE has deemed them not in violation of anything.
OR
They have been punished and been granted access back into accessing their account or chatting once more after a temp was given seeing as this issue now seems to relate to someone that was active months later~