Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make items tradable only 1 time

(PSN)ghinellil

7 hours ago, FireSegment said:

instead of making the item only tradeable once, i would much prefer that each item have it own "trade cooldown" timer, like making an item after the first trade would have 1 day, max to 2 week of a period it temporary can not be trade. beside your daily trade cap

The point would be making the practice of reselling so inconvenient that practically, trying to do so are not worth the effort for just a few extra plat, not crash the whole economy all together like many others point out (generally, cuz my example up there might also causing problem and become obsolete pretty quick )

I doubt that would have as much of an impact as you would like to think. Your problem is not resellers, it's your fear of being ripped off. 

It's not a difficult thing to check out the prices that stuff sells for. If you don't want to accept a lower offer than you, keep your stuff until you manage to sell it. If you want to buy something for the best price, check to see what people are asking for it. If they're asking for too much, keep your plat until you find it at the price you want. 

The changes you are asking for won't help you. They're going to make everything more expensive. 

Let me get this straight.  You don't want greedy people targeting new players, so you come up with an idea that would make it completely impossible for new players to afford anything without spending real money.  Yeah, I'm sure the new people would love that.  Either you didn't think this through too well, or you want an excuse to sell things for stupidly high amounts of plat.

So basically, you'd like to inflate the prices of vaulted Primes and other items of limited availability (such as Baro stuff) to the point that pretty much no one except whales and vets with nothing else to spend their plat on could reasonably afford them?

12 hours ago, FireSegment said:

instead of making the item only tradeable once, i would much prefer that each item have it own "trade cooldown" timer, like making an item after the first trade would have 1 day, max to 2 week of a period it temporary can not be trade. beside your daily trade cap

The point would be making the practice of reselling so inconvenient that practically, trying to do so are not worth the effort for just a few extra plat, not crash the whole economy all together like many others point out (generally, cuz my example up there might also causing problem and become obsolete pretty quick )

Problem is if you do that there's obviously gonna be less resellers. What that means is no more quick platinum for people, nor anymore buying gifts fast either. Not that big problem yeah, but are resellers that big problem either?

After read this topic... i have one word

How i waste my time with this...:scared: expensive item part is alway expensive too... noob can sell rare one buy new frame is so easy why must make thing harder for collect item

And riven price is too insane but who want pay for it just leave them do it. Who not have godly riven is suck?

11 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I doubt that would have as much of an impact as you would like to think. Your problem is not resellers, it's your fear of being ripped off. 

It's not a difficult thing to check out the prices that stuff sells for. If you don't want to accept a lower offer than you, keep your stuff until you manage to sell it. If you want to buy something for the best price, check to see what people are asking for it. If they're asking for too much, keep your plat until you find it at the price you want. 

The changes you are asking for won't help you. They're going to make everything more expensive. 

the change i propose was in response for the OP, giving that he seem to think lock the trade of the item is the only reasonable way (which it is not). I do not push for it to implement in anyway as i completely aware of it flaws.

but the negative impact that the OP and many also affected from the practice resell and price manipulation base on the gap of information that inevitably every player have, both old and new, are real and devastating. DE do realize this, their trade limit restriction tie with Mastery rank have a side effect of keeping low MR player from doing this practice on the mass scale (which work decent enough when the highest MR around is 10, this is no longer the case).

The desire result of the change is for whoever attempt to do this resell practice to spook and give up while not affecting free2play earnest player to confidentaly sell their stuff without worry that they got scam.

In particular, my propose change would spook the ill-intention resellers because they can't recoup the plat they exploited until the expiration reach, which could drop the price of the item further than what they need to make a profit, or would buy enough time for DE support to step in. The risk would outweigh the profit , thus much less player will try and those who still do it would have less option of items they can pull it off with (they would need to make sure they can resell it at 600% the price to bypass the risk for example). That's my intended effect, i don't say this is all it take to achieve the desire result, and it have critical flaws, but it's a start.

6 hours ago, BoarWarrior said:

Problem is if you do that there's obviously gonna be less resellers. What that means is no more quick platinum for people, nor anymore buying gifts fast either. Not that big problem yeah, but are resellers that big problem either?

IF your "quick-plat" mean players who get the item to drop by playing the game, then this change do not affect them, infact it would benefit for them because the price remain higher for a longer period of time, and they less likely to sell it cheap to a reseller. The gift thing ... i don't know how is that relate to anything here.

3 hours ago, FireSegment said:

The gift thing ... i don't know how is that relate to anything here.

Its a common thing that a small number of people will do, sometime for new players and sometimes for friends, where if they can't get a specific part to drop or whatever and the new player/friend needs it they'll go out, buy the item with their own money, and then give it to the other person so that they can finish building the new prime item.
Both your idea, and the OPs, would effectively shut down that ability, after all if I buy a prime part to give to my friend who needs it I now need to wait days before I can give it to them.
And honestly stopping the few resellers isn't worth it for making it so annoying for average people to do things.

my propose change would spook the ill-intention resellers because they can't recoup the plat they exploited until the expiration reach, which could drop the price of the item further than what they need to make a profit, or would buy enough time for DE support to step in

Define "exploited" here please?
Because both players have to go through multiple ok prompts before an item is traded...and it should be up to the player to do some quick research as to what an item is worth.
And due to this DE has a very Caveat Emptor response to trade issues: DE won't enforce 'trades for promises', you should only trade for what goes into the trade boxes, and its up to the player to ensure that they are trading for what is agreed and with multiple confirm boxes to ensure that.

It takes something rather extreme to get DE to step in and undo a trade.

In particular, my propose change would spook the ill-intention resellers because they can't recoup the plat they exploited until the expiration reach, which could drop the price of the item further than what they need to make a profit, or would buy enough time for DE support to step in. 

No, that's not going to happen. People selling sets with above average prices, already expect to wait for a sale. It's the trade off--yes you may make a bit more plat, but you're going to be waiting for a buyer. Telling them "you must wait x days before reselling" won't hurt their selling price, it will just make them insist on a lower buying price, so the person who gets shafted is still the newb. If anything the items which are (temporarily) untradable means that supply is lower but demand remains the same, so you can actually expect the price to go up. 

The risk would outweigh the profit , thus much less player will try and those who still do it would have less option of items they can pull it off with (they would need to make sure they can resell it at 600% the price to bypass the risk for example).

Sorry that doesn't make sense. I understand you, but what you're saying just isn't true. Look at me. I have a bunch of stuff for Nekros and Valkyr. There's literally no downside to me keeping them in my inventory. Nekros was vaulted a while ago, and Valkyr just went in. The value of the parts will get higher the longer they're vaulted. I have nothing to lose in waiting for a good price point. There is no "risk" in this situation, just quick sale-low price/wait for a sale-high price. 

IF your "quick-plat" mean players who get the item to drop by playing the game, then this change do not affect them, infact it would benefit for them because the price remain higher for a longer period of time, and they less likely to sell it cheap to a reseller.

What? It's not going to affect the price for the original seller like that. Literally the only things that affects the price are availability (and for most common stuff that's always going to be high regardless of if we use your suggestion), and convenience. They seem to have been talking about convenience. We can rapidly sell our prime junk for a couple of plat each, instead of wasting time trying to sell it at a marginally higher price. That's convenient to us. 

If you think my Nekros prime stuff is going to get sold for 2 plat a piece, it won't, because I can ask many times that and expect an easy sale so it's not convenient for me to do it. 

The Braton Prime stuff that I have lots of? Yeah, that's hardly worth the 1 plat each so if I can find someone offering close to 2plat/prime then I'll drop all of it in the blink of an eye and walk away smiling. The buyer probably will too, because its convenient for them not to waste time looking for for someone selling it cheaper, because Baro is in town. 

15 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

People selling sets with above average prices, already expect to wait for a sale. It's the trade off--yes you may make a bit more plat, but you're going to be waiting for a buyer. Telling them "you must wait x days before reselling" won't hurt their selling price

15 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Define "exploited" here please?

Sorry that doesn't make sense. I understand you, but what you're saying just isn't true. Look at me. I have a bunch of stuff for Nekros and Valkyr. There's literally no downside to me keeping them in my inventory. Nekros was vaulted a while ago, and Valkyr just went in. The value of the parts will get higher the longer they're vaulted.

ok, i would have to explain myself first because this could get confusing. I don't consider buying an item when it cheap and resell them weeks or months later when it price rise, are bad at all. In fact the ability to do so is, in my opinion, what make the economy healthy for a number of reasons, i call that practice "investment" and i'm doing the same. DE did a good job of making sure that with time, a lot of the prime part would become much more valuable, and that's how they success at sustain a f2p players.

Thus, that is the part i'm deeply disagree with OP, as his suggestion would strip away this "investment" practice that DE design the whole Prime Vault and Relic system around (and void key before that), which is why we all know it would never come to pass.

So, now after we establish that, here's a personal example of what i considered "ill-intention, toxic resell", an experience i bet not far off from what i think OP originally raging about: (edit: warning, minor wall of text ahead)

Last year or so, i was selling some Nyx p parts (or  may be some other vaulted part, i only remember i was using nyx p during the trade) to a guy in a dojo, after the trade finished and i was goofing around his dojo, the guy .... suddenly started a trade with me again, then automatically put back everything i just sold him back into the trade window without saying a word. I type "??" to the guy, no response, he canceled the trade.

That immediately sound an alarm in my head. I checked the clan chat and saw there was only one other guy beside me and him. I message that 2nd guy and something like "hey, the -name-of-the-1st guy- dude over there just bought these parts from me at 300p, if u somehow about to buy the same parts from him, i just want u to know that". No response either. After like 2 minutes or so of watching both of them standing at a trade post, i got host migration and kicked out of their dojo.

You know what happen next? the 1st guy whom i made a trade pm me a curse word and process to ignore me, while the 2nd guy whom i inform about my trade send me a "thank you" with a lot of "u" message, and then send me a friend request. I process to report the 1st guy for bad language and it's the end of that.

(just to put into context, this was around the time after the very first unvaulted end, and there was no PA hype to make the price of any prime items spike up and down, the market is pretty chill back then.)

That kind of reseller, are the kind that i hope to see as few as possible, as the experience stick to me till this day, there was no fluctuation in price that could justify it as investment. That 1st guy just simply trying to rip-off the 2nd guy using what i sell him right after my trade (with a price i thought was reasonable it the time, not so much after the whole incident ), but got busted due to sending trade request to the wrong guy. So .... how "exploited"  boiled down to in this case, i can't say that i know for sure. The experience leave a bad taste to every party involved but base on how it collapse due to the information i gave the 2nd guy, i would confidently say it a bad practice for the health of the economy of the game, regardless of if the trade between them worked out or not.

15 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Because both players have to go through multiple ok prompts before an item is traded...and it should be up to the player to do some quick research as to what an item is worth.

What? It's not going to affect the price for the original seller like that. Literally the only things that affects the price are availability (and for most common stuff that's always going to be high regardless of if we use your suggestion), and convenienc

here's the thing, you can't ever research enough for the price of an item and most of the low and high baller would depend on you getting the outdated information around the internet. And then there are price manipulation, i been playing since 2014 and i will say that we are living in a quite tame period now compare to back then. So unless the price infor about an item are around new PA, or some rework happen to it, that make ppl talking, then there's a big risk of trusting any source in your research. More than one i have a whole night research the price of an item only to sell them to the first whatever offer the following day, or to a clanmate i know truly need it and not even thinking of reselling it. So yeah ... "quick research" could potentially expose them to more low and high baller in someway, but since we never really know if my suggestion would make what interaction happen to the market price unless we observe it ourselves. So i won't really argue about it, as DE should not implement this as they are right now.

also this would be my last reply on this thread, if you guys add more to the discussion, i would make a new thread to respond, talking more here could getting out of context pretty fast

Edited by FireSegment

Lol, how about everything original poster buys become untradeable? Sounds good to the rest of us.

Seriously though its not entirely bad,  they should make a cooldown period like a month so actual buyers will actually do so and resellers will take a bigger risk having a new barrier to exit.