Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant and his thralls.....

(XBOX)LoneDionysius

Anyone else feel as though Revenants thralls are a bit underwhelming? I mean they are great for distraction and such but I'm a bit annoyed with the fact that others can kill them. I guess I feel that its a waste of button pressing for me to create a thrall time and again just for a teammate to just wipe out the moment it's created making me feel as though both my time and energy creating said thrall was wasted. Its not a complaint about Rev himself but the ignorance (trolling?) of some team members to continuously do this countless times while asking me to create some for extra shielding.

I find this counter intuitive to what I'm trying to do to be a team player and just wish that DE would make it so they only die by my hand(4th) or work similarly to Nekros and his SOS. At the moment I'm loving the way he plays with others or solo but being in games with others(at least for me) makes me not want to use him or attempt to do anything but gun things down or play selfishly (4th spam)which isn't my play style at all.

25 base energy to remove a corrupted/ancient healer, bombard, nox or another annoying/tough enemy from battle isn't bad for me. Sure, for low levels or with a full CP team maybe is faster just shot them, but sortie level, with random people, it's useful. When you play with randoms you must think that is an enemy removal instead of a minion creation.

Furthermore, if the team can't kill them, it would have a high trolling potential on defenses.

23 minutes ago, Dragoncroac said:

25 base energy to remove a corrupted/ancient healer, bombard, nox or another annoying/tough enemy from battle isn't bad for me. Sure, for low levels or with a full CP team maybe is faster just shot them, but sortie level, with random people, it's useful. When you play with randoms you must think that is an enemy removal instead of a minion creation.

Furthermore, if the team can't kill them, it would have a high trolling potential on defenses.

Once thralled they no longer count as enemies. Discovered this while levelling him on Hydron, waves would end with the thralls still running about.

1 hour ago, Dragoncroac said:

I never thought about that! I don't enjoy trolling or troll myself but I could see how this would be an issue. I was on the Plains last night and the mission objective wouldn't complete until all available enemies were killed which I enthralled. Thanks for that as I had totally forgotten.

Thralls when die turn into an energy spiral which damages nearby enemies which is something similarl like garas 2 but not give damage reduction only damage enemies in close range. On lower levels works on higher not really matter but at least it can distract enemies. If you use on hyeka masters or on drahk masters then they can create pets for you which can be a bit helpful other than this it is a normal first ability.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah no, Thralls are bad, and the worst part is they tied Revs best synergy buffs to them so you chances of actually getting them are very low. Also having Danse Macabre now explode their damage pillars is basically a nerf.

The "best" synergy buffs are a waste to play around anyways. His good skills are 2, 3 and 4 with thralls only used as an extra cc if you ever need one. No matter what they do to his thralls, using them for their synergies will never happen because they are all counter productive towards the rest of his kit.

Use Mesmer Skin, spam Enthrall into a crowd (I recommend using Natural Talent) occasionally getting the free cast thanks to Mesmer Skin, Reave through the crowd if you want to refresh Mesmer/Heal, then let your thralls die.

Boom, done, you now have loads of energy pillars committing genocide for you. This is how his Thralls are intended to work, he is not Nyx and people need to stop expecting him to be Nyx.

Even if people are killing your thralls as fast as your converting them then you're still contributing more than any other frame would because at least you still get the pillar now doing damage instead of any other ability that was just going to kill them otherwise.

12 minutes ago, trst said:

Use Mesmer Skin, spam Enthrall into a crowd (I recommend using Natural Talent) occasionally getting the free cast thanks to Mesmer Skin, Reave through the crowd if you want to refresh Mesmer/Heal, then let your thralls die.

Boom, done, you now have loads of energy pillars committing genocide for you. This is how his Thralls are intended to work, he is not Nyx and people need to stop expecting him to be Nyx.

Even if people are killing your thralls as fast as your converting them then you're still contributing more than any other frame would because at least you still get the pillar now doing damage instead of any other ability that was just going to kill them otherwise.

It still doesnt make them less of a waste. You can just aswell pop mesmer skin and do some ballerina spins instead of wasting time on thralls. I mean they are as decent as most #1 skills, but they are just as those skills, not something worth using except in very specific situations. By the time you've got an area of genocide up and ready the wave is most likely over or the mobs are nowhere near that spot. And even if mobs are closing in on that spot you need to stand around and wait for them to walk into your pillars instead of just killing them straight up with weapons or your danse.

20 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It still doesnt make them less of a waste. You can just aswell pop mesmer skin and do some ballerina spins instead of wasting time on thralls. I mean they are as decent as most #1 skills, but they are just as those skills, not something worth using except in very specific situations. By the time you've got an area of genocide up and ready the wave is most likely over or the mobs are nowhere near that spot. And even if mobs are closing in on that spot you need to stand around and wait for them to walk into your pillars instead of just killing them straight up with weapons or your danse.

At Low levels they are garbage but with my builds it takes less enegry to enthrall a few enemy's than trying to spend four seconds killing a heavy Gunner. With Max efficiency it takes like 6 energy for me to enthrall them. Totally worth it.

19 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

If Danse is outright killing enemies then you don't need any of his other abilities in the first place. This isn't unique to Revenant either, every frame with some nuke/forget ability has this issue until you reach levels where the ability isn't killing outright.

I have not had the pleasure of trying Rev out myself, but based on what I've seen others do while playing him, it's just a laser light show to dish out hurt with him. Reminds me a bit of old Ember. In all honesty, just looking at Rev as he is now kinda makes me sad. Really wish that his abilities were more reminiscent of the Eidolon. Instead of thralls he should've had a ball that floats around and shoots things like the Eidolon, and I would've loved to see that erupting stomp that the Eidolon does as a second ability. Mesmer skin is fine in my eyes, and The Danse Floor is a fine ability as well. But thralls just don't seem very Eidolon like to me. Maybe if instead every thrall he had instead took the damage he takes or buffs his shielding while enthralled kinda like how the Eidolons can annoyingly recharge their shields via vommys. 

But that's just me. IMO he needs a few touches to make him better. And for the love of everything do not let him grow into a press 4 warframe with those touches. We need more ability synergy in Warframe.