The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Gram Prime Combo Multiplier [Fix Pending]

Ixrisor911

Uh oh, apparently this is a thing but it doesn't make too much sense. So weeping wounds and relentless combination makes no sense to use in this case since it's capped at 2x. Could it be just a bug because it also doesn't count hits past 180. I can accept a different counting requirement but a cap will throw all my plans out the window 😞 is this as they say false advertisement or truly just a bug?

Update, just found out that it is confirmed a bug and unintentional, fix soon. Bad news is that this is a melee 3.0 thing so it does seem like a dark future for us.

Edited by Descent-of-Damocles
New information

42 minutes ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

Uh oh, apparently this is a thing but it doesn't make too much sense. So weeping wounds and relentless combination makes no sense to use in this case since it's capped at 2x. Could it be just a bug because it also doesn't count hits past 180. I can accept a different counting requirement but a cap will throw all my plans out the window 😞 is this as they say false advertisement or truly just a bug?

It's rumored to be a tease or leaked code line from Melee 3.0 which will change the melee combo counter we know now forever. I will confirm here that it's not a graphical bug as other melee weapons will go beyond 2x multiplier and act as normal. I will also confirm that it does not ramp up correctly as a weapon with 32% Crit Chance and Blood Rush should be able to True Red crit at 2x multiplier at a low rate. It happens with my Kripath Zaw  (Bane) that has the same 32% Crit Chance as the Gram Prime. 

There's also the theory by AGayGuyPlays that's a way to balance the Gram Prime so it doesn't over take the Galatine Prime. However, I find that very unlikely as weapons will creep to being more powerful as higher and higher mastery rank requirements come out. If it's true than that's a pretty poor way to balance weapons by capping a combo multiplier which is essential to melee. 

While I feel the stats of the Gram Prime is appropriate it feels gimped till they fix the combo multiplier. If it's truly not intended I would expect a Hotfix tomorrow at some point or them addressing it as more and more people get it. 

15 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

It's not gone anywhere, you simply need to do more than smash your controller into your forehead to be effective with him. Just practice a bit, you'll get the hang of it.

I really hope you're joking, because if you tell me that chroma's resistance is in line with the others then I suggest you go to the simulacrum and try a little warframe like mesa, nidus, Gara, inaros, woukong, valkyr, Zephyr , nezha, Limbo, Rhino and so on ... Really, I can not believe anyone thinks that Chroma goes well. For the damage nobody says anything (in fact, that's fine even if a buff there would also be bad) but not for the resistance. 

13 minutes ago, (XB1)TRL kaldwin said:

I really hope you're joking, because if you tell me that chroma's resistance is in line with the others then I suggest you go to the simulacrum and try a little warframe like mesa, nidus, Gara, inaros, woukong, valkyr, Zephyr , nezha, Limbo, Rhino and so on ... Really, I can not believe anyone thinks that Chroma goes well. For the damage nobody says anything (in fact, that's fine even if a buff there would also be bad) but not for the resistance. 

You do realize the game isn’t played in your little simulacrum, right? Don’t play him like he was before then complain about him, actually change your playstyle so you can play him better. Also...complaining whenever a dev posts something is just sad

4 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

You do realize the game isn’t played in your little simulacrum, right? Don’t play him like he was before then complain about him, actually change your playstyle so you can play him better. Also...complaining whenever a dev posts something is just sad

Listen, as far as I can see you can not understand, maybe because you do not want to understand or much more probably because I express myself badly, so I attach here the link to a post where the problem of Chroma is exposed to the best.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1008931-chroma-needs-a-rework/?do=findComment&comment=10175033

11 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

Simulacrum or not, math is math and math says his durability took a massive nose dive onto jagged rocks when DE nerfed vex.  Numerous non-tanks have significantly more ehp than him, with far more flexible modding possibilities, and that's just the start of his problems.

Edited by Guest

On the topic of Gram prime, do you guys feel like it's particularly slow and sluggish? I'm not sure if that's the 0.800 attack speed but even with berserker, it doesn't feel right. You need both Primed fury and berserker in there to make it feel normal. Also, I tested it in simulacrum and finally we have a riven modded melee that's on par with riven modded zaws. It's still not as fast or as long, but at least the time it takes to kill a distribution of level 100 corrupted enemies come quite similarly. I'm hoping to rerun the test when combo is fixed so the Gram Prime would pull ahead as it should. (Too bad the speed and reach department isn't something I can really do anything about). I really look forward to the hotfix which didn't come yesterday 0.o

In response to the comments above, I definitely feel that chroma's sloppy patch deserves a proper rework. The 1 is as useless as before, 2 and 3 basically got nerfed, and 4 went nowhere. Suggestions that best fit what Chroma should be are
1: Hold to switch elements, Tap to breath fire, possibly life steal/shield steal to synergize with 3

2: No real rework necessary* Probably tweak to what bonuses are for the elements, right now armor is most popular, maybe amp up the other buffs to be on par in terms of usefulness

3: The damage should not be "modded damage" but rather a damage multiplier similarly to before, but of course at a lower number like 50% base (with rhino is comparison). This is because "modded damage" over saturated the damage stat when modding, meaning damage mods and riven with with damage is undesirable; a counter productive method power progression. His armor, was also fine the way it was, as a final multiplier, this was because (and as a Rhino main I laugh) their math results in thousands of EHP distributed over (roughly) 1000HP. So the real tanking potential is being dealt up to his EHP in a single blow, or 1000 shots from any enemy. Rapid fire*1 dmg per hit usually comes first anyways. Players thus sacrifice mod/arcane space to counteract the slowly but assuredly depleting health pool.

4: Be the dragon. There are many reasons for this. Chroma has a big fan base (one I'm not part of, but I sympathize with them because I know chroma's 1 trick pony was taken away). They deserve something creatively new, like an exalted Warframe (not weapon) since there are so many creative opportunities here. Here is 1 acts as fire breath, which could synergize with 4 to increase damage and range (range is king in Warframe, don't know why people sacrifice it so much for extra damage they don't need). Being in 4 does not consume energy unless moving (like Ivara) or using 1. His weapons are unavailable and instead will be replaced to use his stun effect (like exalted blades flash, an extra energy fee), and possibly movement in dragon form (like revenant's 3 since bullet jumping is likely not possible for what I'm envisioning). First 3 seconds of transformation makes user invulnerable and damage taken is converted to Armor (not health). Running out of HP or energy removes the exalted state. Augment could be changed to elemental shockwave for AoE attack.

This is significantly better than summoning a turret you cant control, doesn't scale and drains energy over time. It becomes on par with every other meta frame in terms of High Tankiness, Modest Support value, and High DPS, For example, Mesa is High Tank, High DPS, low support, Rhino is Super High tank, Modest Support, Low DPS, Valkyr is God tank, low support, low DPS, Inaros is High Tank, above average support, low DPS, Nidus is High tank, low support, Modest DPS (in practice). Compared to Chroma now, Chroma is Modest tank, Low support, Above average DPS (compared to what other things can achieve).

Edited by Descent-of-Damocles

I'm still waiting for the hotfix, it was confirmed that they will make the melee combo the same as other weapons, and with speculated fortuna release in about 2 weeks, it's almost safe to assume they're going to launch melee 3.0 and have all melee combos as wonky as gram prime.