Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx/Nyx Prime Chaos Bug

Vanilla_nuka

Hi, I main Nyx and play her frequently, and today after the update to fix the chroma relics not showing up in the codex, I found a new bug. When you cast Chaos as nyx, the enemies are affected by the ability and react accordingly, but the silouette that pops up showing the enemies are affected isnt appearing anymore. Its rather annoying because if i dont see the enemies react, i dont know whos affected and who isnt. All of her other abilities work correctly. Not sure if this is the right area for the topic, so feel free to move it if it isnt. Thank you

Update, did some testing in the simulcrum and the silouette does seem to appear if you get extremely close to the enemy, but its defnitely different from how it was before, the silouette was a deep color and was very obvious to notice, now its very difficult to see at all. I have a screenshot but im not sure how to add it to this post

Edited by Vanilla_nuka
update

This is what im talking about, chaos is active, as seen in the bottom right hand corner, there is supposed to be an obvious red nyx silouette on these enemies to indicate theyre afflicted, and its not always appearing.

Its even more annoying on infested, it doesnt seem to appear on them at all, also thank you for telling me how to share photos on here 🙂Rd704bY.jpg

Edited by Vanilla_nuka

En 26/9/2018 a las 4:29, Vanilla_nuka dijo:

Hi, I main Nyx and play her frequently, and today after the update to fix the chroma relics not showing up in the codex, I found a new bug. When you cast Chaos as nyx, the enemies are affected by the ability and react accordingly, but the silouette that pops up showing the enemies are affected isnt appearing anymore. Its rather annoying because if i dont see the enemies react, i dont know whos affected and who isnt. All of her other abilities work correctly. Not sure if this is the right area for the topic, so feel free to move it if it isnt. Thank you

Update, did some testing in the simulcrum and the silouette does seem to appear if you get extremely close to the enemy, but its defnitely different from how it was before, the silouette was a deep color and was very obvious to notice, now its very difficult to see at all. I have a screenshot but im not sure how to add it to this post

hace 5 horas, VanFanel1980mx dijo:

Same problem here, no Nyx ghost appears on the affected enemies, furthermore, the Chaos timer doesn't appear at all.

Justo ahora, jacklafouine dijo:

same here no ghost and no timer on chaos ability

Same problem you all... 

Having the same issue, noticed it yesterday afternoon!

Really really hoping this gets patched soon. I am going nuts without my "Chaos ghosts" and timer! 😫😭 When I cast Chaos, I can tell that enemies are being affected only because they are briefly stunned but after that, it's just guesswork at what around me is affected and what isn't.

I noticed while doing a mission solo that the Chaos "ghosts" were showing up on enemies, but whenever I'm in a mission with other people, there is no visual indicator of Chaos whatsoever.

Was hoping today it would be gone but nope, still an issue.

My face when I can't see my Chaos: ☹️😱😢😭

Edited by MenstrualDeranged

I hope so to, the only way to tell if the enemy was affected was to actually see them get stunned, the only time i ever got the silouettes to appear was on the sedna tileset fighting grineer. I think that was because of the lighting, because i couldnt tell on any other tileset. In one of there recent updates the notes said they did something to chaos to fix an issue with certain energy colors not working, which i personally never had an issue with, pretty sure they broke something while doing it. Hopefully someone from DE sees this, because it s kinda frustrating, and makes me hesitate to use the skill at all

Yeah its weird, sometimes the silouettes appear, but it seems most of the time they dont, it seems to depend on the tileset, and the enemies your fighting. For instance grineer it seems to work occasionally, but almost not at all for infested or corpus for me, I dont have an issue with the chaos timer though, that works fine for me

On 2018-09-29 at 7:16 AM, raposo90 said:

I'm getting this bug while playing public matchmaking. For me Nyx's Chaos is only working properly (with Chaos illusions and timer) if I play solo or I'm the host in matchmaking

Yup, I noticed this as well. I was host of a plains bounty mission the day before yesterday and they were showing up just fine. I did a solo mission and same thing. But any public matchmaking where I'm not the host, no illusions and no timer. 😢

2 hours ago, Lichsorrow said:

Anyone else had this?

Yes. 

It's been intermittent, but it happens more often that not and I've had it occur on most planets in the solar system. I'm not sure if it's a host/client thing, but I've seen it a lot. 

The enemies show the stun animation and will attack each other, but no Nyx shadows and no UI indication the power is working, although it observably is. 

I finally had the chaos timer bug happen to me, aswell as the silouette at the same time. This happened on hydron sedna, i was farming relics and this happened every single game. The bug was temporarily fixed when the host quit out and the session reset. Please DE fix this annoying bug. also the enemies are affected by m prime, but that didnt make any difference, it happens whether I play solo or in coop, If i had the ability to record a video of this happening I would, but im stuck with screenshots for nowSdBs0qc.jpg

Edited by Vanilla_nuka

Same for me. I did run Interception on Venus and Uranus and didn't see timer on chaos and "shadows". I asked my friend in team and he can see them appearing as they should so skill is working properly but is just missing things mentioned above for Nyx user only

I'd like to add that the Chaos ghosts seem to show up for the other 3 players in the group, just not for the person playing the Nyx. I was in a mission that had another Nyx and I could see their chaos ghosts just fine. I don't think they were the group host either, so that got me wondering (since the ghosts seem to show up fine when you're solo or hosting). I asked them if they could see mine and they said yes but that they could not see their own. I've confirmed on a couple of separate missions and during plain bounties that this is the case. 

On 2018-10-01 at 6:36 PM, Vanilla_nuka said:

Oh wow thats crazy, it would be nice if DE would atleast acknowledge this as a problem, and respond saying there working on it, but that hasnt been the case thus far and its really unfortunate, it makes playing my favorite frame really unfun sometimes

Yeah, I completely relate. I know they must be busy but it would be nice to know that they're at least aware of the issue. Chaos is my most frequently-used ability. Makes it tough, especially since I consider myself a Nyx main.

Edited by MenstrualDeranged