Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Game Mode?

CraigTheWonderer

In game you always see signs that there's a larger scale war going on, invasions, grineer chatter and some quest stuff. I'm thinking it'd just be good to see a genuinely large battle, perhaps in the plains or on Fortuna. Where the corpus are coming in and tryna occupy the plains and you can see this bigger battle going on in front of you and be amongst it. Like an invasion but bigger, maybe introduce some more vehicles and whatnot. I understand that there's probably a limit to the amount of NPC's on screen at anyone time for low end systems and obviously railjack is a cool, larger scale thing... but it's just between Tenno and X faction.

Some more faction on faction rivalry and backstory would be good. Even in your orbiter if you look out and see some ships going at it, that'd be cool and a nice little change. Build the scene.

I have been thinking lately in more possibilities for Plains. I would love seeing a Grineer full on attack against the Cetus Gate and players would have to join a 8 man squad and stay behind a set of barricades fending off waves after waves of Grineer reinforcements, kinda like a Defense mission but more hardcore.

Warframe sadly is not really the right game for that stuff... it would only end in ppl pressing 1 button and the endless hordes are already defeated, like in every other mission. AI is just too dumb and the players are far too overpowered. There is no war, only the grindy harvest 😉

Perhaps with railjack coming out there could be a possibility of space based battles becoming a thing. Maybe based around the solar rails or trade lanes between planets. It could work like an alert where a solar rail or trade lane gets attacked by an opposing force and you have to attack/defend depending on your preference. Will it be complicated to create and implement yes but I think it could be an interesting progression seeing as parts of it already exist or are coming out like the mobile Kuva fortress, battle missions and railjack.