Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About bane mods: we need another slot or can't fit them anywhere

(PSN)cleefsentence

On 2018-10-08 at 3:20 PM, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

I suppose you use them then. So every mission with a specific faction you change your loadout or change a mod (4 factions but 3 loadouts), because it worth the time wasted and you're not lazy, right sir?

Technically there are 5 factions now that they have started to slowly bleed in Tau (Sentient) mods. 

I think an alternative solution to  additional mods slots is -additional mods- with hybrid utility/damage, on the model of Chilling Reload, Wildfire, and the like.  For  instance, while I find Terminal Velocity tempting in a lot of cases, I have yet to end up using it on any final builds.  But flight speed with a damage type bonus, even though not the best damage bonus, and I'd use it depending on the exact numbers.  Same goes for recoil, accuracy, etc., as well as filling out the options for reload and magazine.

You'd still get players who won't sacrifice the best pure damage no matter what, but I think there must also be more people like me who just want a little more incentive to branch out.  And more mods--potentially a lot more mods--would be a good thing overall.

Bane mods are a different sort of beast,  since their problem has more to do with the UI and mission structure than with how effective they are.  But a lot of the conversation has been about utility in general.

50 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I think an alternative solution to  additional mods slots is -additional mods- with hybrid utility/damage, on the model of Chilling Reload, Wildfire, and the like.  For  instance, while I find Terminal Velocity tempting in a lot of cases, I have yet to end up using it on any final builds.  But flight speed with a damage type bonus, even though not the best damage bonus, and I'd use it depending on the exact numbers.  Same goes for recoil, accuracy, etc., as well as filling out the options for reload and magazine.

You'd still get players who won't sacrifice the best pure damage no matter what, but I think there must also be more people like me who just want a little more incentive to branch out.  And more mods--potentially a lot more mods--would be a good thing overall.

Bane mods are a different sort of beast,  since their problem has more to do with the UI and mission structure than with how effective they are.  But a lot of the conversation has been about utility in general.

Im with you here.

I love my dera vandal, but the reload and flight speed are abysmal. Luckily, I got both on a riven. But as you said, there should be more mods like wildfire and chilling reload. 

The reason i didn't suggest reload speed and magazine size mods into the "weapon exilus" i mentioned was because those do affect overall DPS (if you factor in reload speed). Not as much as damage, fire rate, or multishot, but they still do. Not that I disagree. More mods is never bad.

10 minutes ago, voltocitygel said:

The reason i didn't suggest reload speed and magazine size mods into the "weapon exilus" i mentioned was because those do affect overall DPS (if you factor in reload speed). Not as much as damage, fire rate, or multishot, but they still do. Not that I disagree. More mods is never bad.

Oh, I agree, they're just more situational boosts to dps.   I feel comfortable calling them "utility", but it's a misnomer, really. 

Although I'm having trouble thinking of any weapon affixes that don't have a situational effect on dps if you stretch the idea a bit, lol.

58 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Oh, I agree, they're just more situational boosts to dps.   I feel comfortable calling them "utility", but it's a misnomer, really. 

Although I'm having trouble thinking of any weapon affixes that don't have a situational effect on dps if you stretch the idea a bit, lol.

Fair enough, lol

9 hours ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

The problem is that there are cool mods that i can't fit anywhere (bane and utility mods). Just that.

For who say "we don't need an exilus slot on weapons" get rid of any exilus mod you're using on your frames. No really need that power drift to buff dps or that rush to run more fast 😉

DE is making you choose.  It isn't that you cant fit them.   Its that you are not willing to change your build.  

Remove exilus on frames?  Would be fine with that.   I was fine when we only had 8 mod slots and 4 for the warframe power slots, no big deal.  Only need so much damage to kill.  Anything above that is wasted.  Which is where the room for utility mods comes from.  Get killing damage with as few mods as possible then use the rest on utility.  Which is why bane mods are soooo nice.  They allow more room for other mods.

1 hour ago, _Vortus_ said:

DE is making you choose.  It isn't that you cant fit them.   Its that you are not willing to change your build.  

Remove exilus on frames?  Would be fine with that.   I was fine when we only had 8 mod slots and 4 for the warframe power slots, no big deal.  Only need so much damage to kill.  Anything above that is wasted.  Which is where the room for utility mods comes from.  Get killing damage with as few mods as possible then use the rest on utility.  Which is why bane mods are soooo nice.  They allow more room for other mods.

No offense but i'm happy that you're not a developer of the game.