Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About bane mods: we need another slot or can't fit them anywhere

(PSN)cleefsentence

Dear DE, seems that you want us to use the faction mods (see baro 100th inventory). Well we just can't fit them in our builds because:

1) Rivens exist

2) Change loadout every mission is a pain

3) We don't have enough space left, that's why rivens are a must have (you can fit 3 mods in one 😉)

Suggestion: give us a special slot like the eximus slot where we can put these mods (and maybe mods for reload speed, magazine ecc.).

That's all, bye.

It's like, on paper, these mods are really good. If you have the right one equipped, that damage stacks with stuff like Serration. 

I think if it were generally more viable to have a different build for each faction, then those mods would have a place, but as it is, making an all-around "good build" for each weapon is not only easier, but uses less resources. 

The problem with more mod slots is that they further homogenize builds while encouraging powercreep. We can already reach and kill high level enemies with the weapons we build, and their potential is boosted tenfold when interacting with other weapons or abilities. I'm not even factoring Rivens into this, though as you touched on, bypassing this slot "limit" is why rivens are so damn powerful in the first place.

The only place I'd somewhat consider an extra mod slot are the secondaries, but that's symptomatic of the problem that most secondary weapons are absolute rubbish. We have about 20 useful secondaries (including tools used for utility only) out of what, 95? That's an abysmal ratio compared to the other two weapon classes and even subclasses. 

@Aejan On all around builds: That's likely due to the level of enemies you are fighting. Most of the game simply doesn't have enemies at high enough level to encourage knowledge of type effectiveness outside of 'corrosivelol'. That shouldn't be an argument to further creep power and worsen the issue. Interestingly enough, weapons used for utility alone DO have proper all-around builds, because they usually don't depend on type effectiveness or do useful damage.

While I don't agree with people's complaints about Bane mod switching (you open the screen each time to switch loadouts, what excuse is there?), I am for automating it. Add a UI element to the foundry to autoinstall the appropriate bane mod per faction faced (based on mission node information) into the marked slot. I personally won't be using it, but it'll encourage the use of the powerful but maligned modset in the general playerbase.

Edited by Handstamp

7 minutes ago, Handstamp said:

While I don't agree with people's complaints about Bane mod switching (you open the screen each time to switch loadouts, what excuse is their?), I am for automating it. Add a UI element to the foundry to autoinstall the appropriate bane mod per faction faced (based on mission node information) into the marked slot. I personally won't be using it, but it'll encourage the use of the powerful but maligned modset in the general playerbase.

just THIS would make it much more easier ot uses.

The main issue with these is user experience. I only have so many loadout slots. These are generally used for frame options for sortie / eidolon hunting. I don't have enough left for every damn weapon with 4 separate builds for each faction. Even if the new mods are slightly better for each faction, it's just a pain in the ass to switch them around every mission. 

I can play most of my time without ever having to visit the arsenal, I just use the loadout options I have set via the navigating menu (aside from focus schools, which is another annoying point). Why would I want to trek back to the arsenal and swap faction mods every mission? 

2 hours ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

Dear DE, seems that you want us to use the faction mods (see baro 100th inventory). Well we just can't fit them in our builds because:

1) Rivens exist

3) We don't have enough space left, that's why rivens are a must have (you can fit 3 mods in one 😉)

Suggestion: give us a special slot like the eximus slot where we can put these mods (and maybe mods for reload speed, magazine ecc.).

That's all, bye.

It's not just bane mods, it's all mods. Warframe have over 1.000 mods and we only have use about 3-400 of them, the rest go unused because those 3-400 mods are needed in the first place.

Your argument about rivens is a most have doesn't hold true. It's not about fitting 3 mods in 1, when all you do is roll the same stats on rivens, as you already have on the weapon. Multishot, Crit chance, Crit Damage, Status Chance and Damage. It's just more of what we already have, part of the reason they're an incredibly bad design.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)NicolaiBM said:

It's not just bane mods, it's all mods. Warframe have over 1.000 mods and we only have use about 3-400 of them, the rest go unused because those 3-400 mods are needed in the first place.

Your argument about rivens is a most have doesn't hold true. It's not about fitting 3 mods in 1, when all you do is roll the same stats on rivens, as you already have on the weapon. Multishot, Crit chance, Crit Damage, Status Chance and Damage. It's just more of what we already have, part of the reason they're an incredibly bad design.

You can fit 3 mods in just one riven actually, if people goes only for more multishot/cc/cd doesn't change the fact that utility rivens exist. I have a riven for the gorgon that has reload speed, fire rate and magazine capacity. Before that i used a slot for primed fast hands, now i can enjoy a better primed fast hands with other 2 mods effects that helps the weapon in both usability and dps.

I think it would be a good idea to add a utility-like slot to weapons (at least primaries) like there is an exilus slot for warframes. Could have certain mods like reload speed, weapon switching, etc only go in that slot. Not sure if +dmg mods would belong in there but it might free up a slot for you to use them elsewhere.

5 hours ago, Aejan said:

Imaking an all-around "good build" for each weapon is not only easier, but uses less resources. 

Now, maybe I'm not remembering everything, but I could've sworn one of the main reasons Damage 2.0 came to existence was to eliminate the "all-round" builds (that and Armor Ignore necessities).

I don't want another slot for bane/expel mods. It would definitely amount to more power creep we don't need.

I'd like the ability to swap between weapon configs within a loadout while at the navigation screen. Then you could just set a config for each faction.

Automatic switching, as has been said, would be nice, too.

18 hours ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

I think most people are clueless of how powerful bane mods are.

Every single dmg mod gives you percentage of BASE wepon dmg,only bane mods give you percentage of TOTAL dmg to specific faction.

They are complicated to fit in our builds and we wont use them because our weapons are already too powerful to change anything but giving them their own slot is just wrong.They are simply too powerful for that.

And another problem which you mentioned are mods that change mechanics of weapons,reload,magazine size...Well you don't need to mod for dmg only,in some cases you gain much more with tweaking their mechanics with some  mods .

7 hours ago, True_Naeblis said:

Would be great if faction mods could be fused into a single mod once you max them all if you so choose. I know part of having them all is simply to make players grind endo and credits, and what would Grindframe be if DE couldn't hit us in the head with that?

This would actually be the perfect solution.As I mentioned before,bane mods are one of the most powerful dmg mods in the game and if we eliminated the need to change them around every time we play against other faction then I would include them in all of my builds investing endo,credits,forma and leveling all of my weapons again.It would be well worth of it.

Available mod slots is the only true restriction in modding.

There was a problem with ample Primed Mods and high cost mods like Heavy Cal + Rivens but the weapons this applied to were changed to Crit weapons with the last weapon rework. ie, Supra Vandal and Quanta Vandal. The problem to my knowledge doesn't exist.... for now.

Capacity limit itself is somewhat redundant when you have 100+ forma but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. In reality mods could cost nothing in capacity for high end players and it would only make about a hour difference. It's something that applies to new-mid players and progression but an annoyance to others.

At any rate, it's kind of a self fixing situation isn't it? Either you need the damage and switch configs or you don't and the wasted slot doesn't matter.

If anything we need Config D. Not only because we have 4 factions + Sentients but because level range matters just as faction type when modding.

2 hours ago, RistN said:

I think most people are clueless of how powerful bane mods are.

Every single dmg mod gives you percentage of BASE wepon dmg,only bane mods give you percentage of TOTAL dmg to specific faction.

They are complicated to fit in our builds and we wont use them because our weapons are already too powerful to change anything but giving them their own slot is just wrong.They are simply too powerful for that.

And another problem which you mentioned are mods that change mechanics of weapons,reload,magazine size...Well you don't need to mod for dmg only,in some cases you gain much more with tweaking their mechanics with some  mods .

They are cool in the damage part but there are already too much mandatory mods to put in a build that can be used agains EVERY enemy, not just one faction. This without the need to change the loadout every mission (we have 3 loadout btw and the faction are 4, so you can't say "change loadout is fast, you have to change one mod too), and there are rivens, the EPITOME of power creep that DE introduced. Seems that the power creep isn't really a problem all times, or we have to talk about Saryn? Gram?

Oh i know that sir, i have a gorgon riven with fire rate, magazine and reload speed ya know. Before i had a primed fast hands in a slot, now i have a better primed fast hands with other 2 utility mods that helps a lot dps too. Without a riven i can't have so much fun with the gorgon tho. Rivens will be mandatory too with time, and this is not good. That's why at least DE can think about an exilus slot for weapons where we can put utility mods.

Edited by (PS4)cleefsentence

On 2018-10-05 at 4:58 PM, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

😉

How would that fix anything?

You still have a loadout slot you need to change every mission, it's just an extra one now so everyone has to fill it and change it to keep up.

No.

I hate these mods. They're powerful because of how the boost is applied, but they rely on a mechanic where you have to edit your mods before every mission, which objectively sucks. I avoid any build that relies on them because nobody got time for that - I want to be playing the game, or even designing new loadouts, not swapping the same 4 mods back and forth.

Anything you can do to fix them just creates a new mandatory mod, and we have enough of them already.

I actually like the idea of an exilus slot for weapons - you could use it for hush, reload, mag size and ammo mods, but definitely not any damage mods, including these.

1 hour ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

How would that fix anything?

You still have a loadout slot you need to change every mission, it's just an extra one now so everyone has to fill it and change it to keep up.

No.

I hate these mods. They're powerful because of how the boost is applied, but they rely on a mechanic where you have to edit your mods before every mission, which objectively sucks. I avoid any build that relies on them because nobody got time for that - I want to be playing the game, or even designing new loadouts, not swapping the same 4 mods back and forth.

Anything you can do to fix them just creates a new mandatory mod, and we have enough of them already.

I actually like the idea of an exilus slot for weapons - you could use it for hush, reload, mag size and ammo mods, but definitely not any damage mods, including these.

I said tons of time in other threads that change the loadout is a problem for me too.

I suggested an exilus slot for the bane mods AND utility mods because there are too many mandatory mods already and we can't fit them anywhere. I want to use them and i can do that only with an exilus because of rivens and others mandatory mods already takes all my slot. The loadout problem it makes all worst, introducing an exilus mod can be a start to reach a solution. Remember that it's DE that introduced the bane mods and said to use them because they buff our damage a lot so THEY want that power creep in game, but we can't use them for many reasons (no space for them and the loadout problem) so why even bother? Don't create them.

For the power creep problem, depends. Rivens are not power creep? They are already mandatory for a good amout of players, just see the eidolons situation with people that wants the groll lanka or rubico for oneshot limbs. Some people don't even use a weapon without a riven (on bad weapons you have to use them anyway to buff the low stats, they were introduced for that motivation).

The power creep is DE fault from the start. Or we have to talk about the ember nerf and the saryn rework? Umbral mods on normal frames? About bane they can just nerf the stats to 10% or 15% and replicate the warframe exilus situation (power drift buff your power strenght so your dps, and many players use it instead of rush). Maybe later they can merge the bane in just one mod so no probl with the loadout.

Edited by (PS4)cleefsentence

10 hours ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

The power creep is DE fault from the start.

Power creep is part of the game's design - finding OP combinations is part of the fun of Warframe. You can work hard to stop it, but then you end up with Destiny.

Power creep is a good thing - every time it happens it gives players at the top somewhere to go. The only bad side it that makes early game content trivial, leading to a painful lumpy progression for new players who can't take advantage of it yet.

Maybe later they can merge the bane in just one mod so no probl with the loadout

But then that becomes a mandatory mod - there wouldn't be a build without it. If there was an exilus slot for weapons it would be the only mod anyone ever put in it.

on bad weapons you have to use them anyway to buff the low stats, they were introduced for that motivation

Yeah, that's sort of how I view Rivens. It's lead me to some weapons I now love (like the Lenz, probably the stupidest, most fun weapon in the game for me) and some utter dreck (Convectrix, how was this even supposed to work?). I think they just need the disposition to update regularly.

11 hours ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

I said tons of time in other threads that change the loadout is a problem for me too.

Same here - if we're going to keep these mods we need better selection of loadouts. I need to be able to pick a combination of frame, weapons, mods, focus school, amp, syndicate and archwing all from the map screen before I jump into a mission. Then I can select a grineer specific build or a focus farming build or and eidolon build or whatever with one step (instead of many hierachical menus in the orbiter as now).

On 2018-10-05 at 9:58 AM, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

1) Rivens exist

That's all, bye.

40k endo just to max one bane mod. And how many of them are there now? How long does it take to farm that much endo? How fun is it switching babe mods between each mission?

That's gonna be a very hard "pass" from me. Forever.

On 2018-10-05 at 10:58 AM, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

1) Rivens exist

That's all, bye.

No.   Normal bane mods are worth using, the primes even more so.  Players either don't get how good even the base versions are or if the do, are just to lazy to put it into a build.